No announcement yet.

Could All be Down To The Extent of Kenwyn Jones Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipswich seem to think Wigan and West Brom are in for him as well as Stoke - Wigan offering Jason Scotland as a sweetener and West Brom doing likewise with Luke Moore.

According to Ipswich messageboards he's a good player - primarily a right winger, but a good header of the ball too - who's been played all over the pitch and lost a bit of a form last year. Captain over there too until recently, so a bit of a leader too. Definitely sounds like a proper Warnock player, although £3m does seem a bit steep.

Comment

£3m is a bit steep, but I doubt we'll pay that much anyway.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Having been linked with Smith, McAnuff and Ambrose I'm not surprised we are being linked with Walters - all similar(ish) players. We lack cover on the wing (Parker is not experienced enough) and have very little pace so it is an area we definitely need strengthening.

£3m on Walters but won't stretch past £750k for Ambrose? Different circumstances but unlikely in my opinion that we would do that.

I like Walters as a player. He's experienced both as a player and as a captain and has a better scoring rate than Ephraim (although Hogan has started very well).

Comment

Cant believe some of you are even contemplating that we will spend 3 million on one player..
          We risked losing Tarrabt who is worth 4-5 mil, because we wouldn't budge over 600,00 initial payment.
          Pull your head out the sand if you think we will pay 3 million for anyone.

Comment

on sky sports this morning tony pulis says it will be days not weeks so even better for our stoke target!!!

Comment

Walters is probably the utility man cause he can play in a grand total of..er...2 positions.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                Am I the only person not the slightest bit excited about potentially signing Walters?

No, I don't rate Walters highly enough to want QPR to spend £4M to buy him.

He is ok at this level, but would rather QPR had spent the money to buy Hooper, Chopra or another 20 goal a season striker.

Comment

Working...
                X