Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those already having a go at Warnock/the board etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    I never get their and there right

or you'll or you're right..

or much else !!
    You get a lot right mate. I wasnt quite sure what you meant thats all.

Comment

Pretty good thread this, without the usual mudslinging.

Reality is I would normally side with Connors, but it was Warnock who gave the impression he was looking forward to the summer and changing things around. We have simply replaced the 7 loans with players of mixed calibre. I'm not sure yet that Derry is better than Mahon or whether Leon Clarke will be the answer.

Agreed the financial climate dictates that we need to be prudent in most cases, but if you want to get promoted than qprsouth and others are right, if you pay Cardiff 3 millionj and pay Chopra say 20k a week, that to me is perfect business if you want to get promoted? This week, I watched a Port Vale striker by the name of Jason Richards who is better than any striker we have bar Helguson. The striker situation has never been addressed and thats what gets you automatically promoted. Of course we could make it via the Play off route, and use the squad we have now. That is risky, for obvious reasons

We are the only club in this league that have the financial muscle this season to get automatic promotion and quite simply we are not using that muscle. Of course we could argue we are a small club, which of course we are but how many times do you meet strangers and they say "you'll supposed to have the richest owners in the world". I am not asking for them to waste millions, as realisitically we are two strikers away from getting into the premier league, with the team we have. It seems the fans are the only ones who see this?

We had a good result against Barnsley, but I'm not getting carried away like I normally do and if we don't address the striker issue with quality than yet again we will be the also rans. The way the league is set-up this season it could be our best chance in a long time.
      very good post that. will read again.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Very good post and agree with all of that

For me it looks like The Board know can get away with assembling the majority of a squad without really committing to transfer fees and may also pull a few strokes like the transfers of Buzsaky, Routledge & Taarabt but the bottom line is they are going to have to stump up serious cash at this level for 2 strikers to get us out of the division comfortably without risking the Play Offs or competing with a 4-6 better than average squads for 6th place. We could spend the next 10 years doing it this way or we might get lucky and do a Blackpool but its such a hard way of going about things they have so got it wrong. We should be building part of squad now capable of giving it a go in the PL. I cannot fathom in 3 years since the takeover why the first thing we didn't do was buy a striker instead even then we got in Legiertwood for 900k as the first signing of the era, speaks volumes if you ask me.

The truth is I'm bored off it and basically gone past caring, I find it highly unlikely we will address our striker problem at any point in time in the near future, if you read all the signs its what the Board have been telling us for the past 3 seasons.
        I agree. From the outside looking in, any strategy, if one exists at all, appears very blinkered and short-sighted. Spending big now on a striker or two would probably SAVE them money in the long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
          Getting rid of big money earners like Hall,Vine,Dave and Cook would be a start.

But Paladini has them on big money,long term contracts so we are stuck with this rubbish.
          StanBowles, oh dear.

You say about getting rid of big earners and you mention Cook and Vine. You know that we signed those players from Premiership clubs. Vine had been on loan and Cook had been an ex-player. The fans used to sing "sign him up" in reference to Vine and we were all ecstatic when Cookie came back.

To get them to come to QPR, we had to pay them good money and give them good contracts. You know that.

History shows that there time has been ruined through injuries so don't now go around like a spoilt brat and blaming the liked of Paldini when you know every bit as much as me that we all wanted those two players at the club. None of us thought they were rubbish and nor were they.

Get real and understand that things don't work as planned.

Paldini and Co did we wanted with regards Vine and Cook and now you have having a go at them, whilst on the other hand asking them to break the bank on latest plaything.

If you can be one thing, be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            I completely disagree with almost every word of this.

When did this board "promise the world" ? I do not recall it.

The club are no longer signing overpaid players on longer contracts than they deserve. Almost the very moment that a proper policy is put in place which put an end to it, the usual child like squealing emanates from the usual quarters, demanding we do just that, claiming that the owners are tight if they don't.

Fans being priced out of games? Are you really expecting anybody with any common sense, to take that at all seriously? How much cheaper should season tickets be for crying out loud? Mine costs me roughly the equivalent of £10pw over the course of a year. It costs me more to get to a home game than to watch it.

I sometimes wonder what exactly our fans expect from either the owners or the players, in order to make them happy.

You may have forgotten we nearly went out of business on at least one occasion, precisely because the fans do not generate enough money for the club to survive. We now have owners that appear to be happy to pick up the tab for the ongoing losses we make. They are doing this with us playing in the second tier of English football as opposed to the lower level we were at in the not too distant past. We are looking to be challenging for promotion this season as opposed to fighting relegation battles again. And do you know what, I believe we can do it, provided people like your good self stop whingeing at almost everything that happens.

So what if Wigan's season ticket prices are lower than ours. Go and watch them instead if you feel that strongly about it. I would not be surprised if they could survive, giving free admission to be honest. We all know where the money is coming from that sustains them. The money that should be shared amongst all the clubs from all the divisions, not just given to the top 20 to waste how they wish, with the next largest chunk given to the poor unfortunates that drop out of that group. Everyone else is struggling to cope, so stop moaning about it and support your club.
            Great post Brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
              StanBowles, oh dear.

You say about getting rid of big earners and you mention Cook and Vine. You know that we signed those players from Premiership clubs. Vine had been on loan and Cook had been an ex-player. The fans used to sing "sign him up" in reference to Vine and we were all ecstatic when Cookie came back.

To get them to come to QPR, we had to pay them good money and give them good contracts. You know that.

History shows that there time has been ruined through injuries so don't now go around like a spoilt brat and blaming the liked of Paldini when you know every bit as much as me that we all wanted those two players at the club. None of us thought they were rubbish and nor were they.

Get real and understand that things don't work as planned.

Paldini and Co did we wanted with regards Vine and Cook and now you have having a go at them, whilst on the other hand asking them to break the bank on latest plaything.

If you can be one thing, be fair.
              Paladini should have never been in a position whereby he was making decisions on signing players in the first place. It doesn't matter what a few vocal fans were saying if we had proper management in place at the time like Warnock then Cook and Vine would never have been signed.

They were impulsive signings made by an incompetent individual, make no mistake Paladini's mess leaves a very bad taste in the mouth still. The fans in no way shape or form should be blamed for bad signings, if we had a proper football man in charge of things in the first place these decisions would have been given a little more thought.

Vine & Cook were signed because they were easy signings to make for GP and required little effort, do not blame the fans for bad signings we are not paid to make those decisions.

Comment

yes great post mr brighton - sensible, intelligent comments like you made tend to go ignored which actually speaks volumes!

Comment

W12 bang on the money......

Comment

"all we are saying...... Is give us a goal"- one striker away from possible glory-not trying to break the bank......will pple say the say when we struggle like we did after last christmas-we are sithe up front.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Pretty good thread this, without the usual mudslinging.

Reality is I would normally side with Connors, but it was Warnock who gave the impression he was looking forward to the summer and changing things around. We have simply replaced the 7 loans with players of mixed calibre. I'm not sure yet that Derry is better than Mahon or whether Leon Clarke will be the answer.

Agreed the financial climate dictates that we need to be prudent in most cases, but if you want to get promoted than qprsouth and others are right, if you pay Cardiff 3 millionj and pay Chopra say 20k a week, that to me is perfect business if you want to get promoted? This week, I watched a Port Vale striker by the name of Jason Richards who is better than any striker we have bar Helguson. The striker situation has never been addressed and thats what gets you automatically promoted. Of course we could make it via the Play off route, and use the squad we have now. That is risky, for obvious reasons

We are the only club in this league that have the financial muscle this season to get automatic promotion and quite simply we are not using that muscle. Of course we could argue we are a small club, which of course we are but how many times do you meet strangers and they say "you'll supposed to have the richest owners in the world". I am not asking for them to waste millions, as realisitically we are two strikers away from getting into the premier league, with the team we have. It seems the fans are the only ones who see this?

We had a good result against Barnsley, but I'm not getting carried away like I normally do and if we don't address the striker issue with quality than yet again we will be the also rans. The way the league is set-up this season it could be our best chance in a long time.
                      Pete, I totally agree that we need a couple of good strikers. The board know that also and appear to be trying to sort it without being ripped off. I would also say that one other poster on here slated Helguson. I agree he has yet to produce his best form for QPR but why can he do it for Watford? The guy can score goals but the crowd seem to make him too tense.

Warnock has kept him because he knows that he can score goals.

Is it too much to ask fans to get behind Helguson ? You never know we already have our 20 goal a season striker in place. He scored 11 in 29 over the last two seasons whilst on loan with Watford. If he replicated that over a 46 game season for QPR that would be 17 goals. Not a bad contribution for someone many think is useless.

Comment

I would also add that although Helguson may miss his fair share of chances, but at least he gets himself into the positions to miss. Most of our other strikers are never able to get into those positions in the first place.

Comment

Not knocking hh to be fair but if we really want to go up in a mediocre league then we need to take the bull by the horns and get a player that will bag us goals.....we have a good team bar the one player that is missing
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

id like to add we or any club in the division would ever ever get into the premiership with helguson as the main centre forward.
                            a sub at best.
                            we cant settle for him. he might be the best we have (god help us) but he is simply not good enough.
                            and all the moans that are coming in at the moment are down to sheer panic, due to knowing his name will be on the team sheet every week till the situation is sorted, if it ever will be know

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                              I would also add that although Helguson may miss his fair share of chances, but at least he gets himself into the positions to miss. Most of our other strikers are never able to get into those positions in the first place.
                              Conners, Helguson failed his fitness test he shouldn't even be a QPR player.

His first touch in a Rangers shirt was to miss an open goal away to Watford, he is not the answer to our striker problem. He gets into good positions because he has a good football brain, but there is no denying he is a **** poor finisher.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                                id like to add we or any club in the division would ever ever get into the premiership with helguson as the main centre forward.
                                a sub at best.
                                we cant settle for him. he might be the best we have (god help us) but he is simply not good enough.
                                and all the moans that are coming in at the moment are down to sheer panic, due to knowing his name will be on the team sheet every week till the situation is sorted, if it ever will be know
                                Still think he could be a lot better than he has showed us to date and yes he may need another guy up alongside him to share the resposibility.

You watch otherwise, he will go to Watford and score 20 goals.

This guy is no Patrick Agyemang. His record stands up. Put a proven scorer up alongside him and his goals/game ratio will go up. Don't think he has has had the same striking partner two games running yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X