Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those already having a go at Warnock/the board etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's 55k a week of our great Saviour's business skills......

Comment

More stirring nonsense from Conners towing the three line whip.

Warnock. Decent manager but proven promotion winning? Once with Sheff Utd and once with Notts County twenty years ago. Corking.

Keep spinning Conners, one day you will get sick.

Comment

Originally posted by qprsouth View Post
        what clubs has chopra got promoted ?????????????????????
        Don't think thats relevant mate.

He did his share last season but Cardiff as a team blew the playoffs.

Comment

the garunteed stone wall dead cert 20 plus goals he would get in our side this season and it would be this one.

Comment

Granted he is proven ...but my point mate is that we need more than just chopra to get promoted..

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
              Bushranger, it is fine to have different opinions but you have to show some respect in life. That guy showed none.

As for being in the camp of "Come on, Mr.Chairman, put your hand in your pocket and buy the strikers needed to score the goals that will get us promoted." that is all well and good but you are not spending your money you are telling the guy how to spend his money so i just think we need to be a bit more tactful. Afterall, we don't like Mr CHairman telling us to dig deeper do we?
              Huh?
              This is why Queen's Park Rangers is widely regarded as being the perfect example of a dog chasing it's tail.
              It's why the last couple of seasons have been nothing short of disastrous for QPR's lofty ambitions.
              Nobody is spending anybody's money!
              Two quality signings before the season's start would have seen at least a couple of thousand more sales of season tickets.
              QPR fans are crying out for two quality strikers, these would definately have been beyond our reach three years ago.
              But with the backing of one of the richest men on the planet, this just should not be the case anymore.
              Nobody is asking the mittals to spend even just one of their estimated £20-30billions, only, what would be for them, a small drop, £10million.
              If they don't spend, they won't accumulate, simple as.
              We will be forever in this vicious circle, the board won't spend on the playing side, the fans thinking, "why should I bother paying inflated prices then?"

As for not liking a billionaire telling me to "dig deeper" into my own pocket, too bloody right, I'm only a postman earning in a year, what they'd pay for a good night out at a top restaurant
              But, because I love QPR, because I've shared in her highs, as well as her lows, this past 38 years, I have dug deeper, a season ticket's worth deeper in fact.
              Now, all I ask, is that they do the same, dig a little deeper, that's all.

Comment

Granted he is proven ...but my point mate is that we need more than just chopra to get promoted..
                I think with 1 or 2 decent strikers we will be good enough to reach the playoffs.

Yes,we are lacking if we suffer too many injuries or suspensions.But i think with a full squad turnout,featuring 1 or 2 top strikers,we are good enough to make playoffs.

Comment

It was NOT the fans who promised the world it was the board......Its NOT the fans signing crap on long contracts its the board....Its NOT the fans pricing fans out of going to games its the board.....
                  I completely disagree with almost every word of this.

When did this board "promise the world" ? I do not recall it.

The club are no longer signing overpaid players on longer contracts than they deserve. Almost the very moment that a proper policy is put in place which put an end to it, the usual child like squealing emanates from the usual quarters, demanding we do just that, claiming that the owners are tight if they don't.

Fans being priced out of games? Are you really expecting anybody with any common sense, to take that at all seriously? How much cheaper should season tickets be for crying out loud? Mine costs me roughly the equivalent of £10pw over the course of a year. It costs me more to get to a home game than to watch it.

I sometimes wonder what exactly our fans expect from either the owners or the players, in order to make them happy.

You may have forgotten we nearly went out of business on at least one occasion, precisely because the fans do not generate enough money for the club to survive. We now have owners that appear to be happy to pick up the tab for the ongoing losses we make. They are doing this with us playing in the second tier of English football as opposed to the lower level we were at in the not too distant past. We are looking to be challenging for promotion this season as opposed to fighting relegation battles again. And do you know what, I believe we can do it, provided people like your good self stop whingeing at almost everything that happens.

So what if Wigan's season ticket prices are lower than ours. Go and watch them instead if you feel that strongly about it. I would not be surprised if they could survive, giving free admission to be honest. We all know where the money is coming from that sustains them. The money that should be shared amongst all the clubs from all the divisions, not just given to the top 20 to waste how they wish, with the next largest chunk given to the poor unfortunates that drop out of that group. Everyone else is struggling to cope, so stop moaning about it and support your club.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                    agree, but just to add that IF we did go down the buying success route there would be some who would moan that we were turning into another Chelsea or man city. seem to recall many were worried that this might be the case when FB and BE first came on board.
                    I wasn't. In the modern game, success is bought, it's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                      chopra really is the difference between promotion or mid table or squeezing into the play offs and then losing them thru lack of goals.
                      this manager and this side are very good, just lacking in the most important department.
                      its so upsetting they wont equal the sheron record that was paid by people with a fraction of their dough, to get us up.
                      so gutting.
                      Totally gutting, mate.

Comment

what contracts have been given to this years signings????...The debt we had prior to flavio and the others is still there...Nothing paid off just new interest rates...So every month the owners pay themselves back the interest..

Comment

remember that mr warnock has acted just as poorly in games on the touchline when he should be setting an example,who could forget cowardly trying to get players to feign injury to get a game abandoned when down to 7 men or his spat with fellow ranger wally downes.im sure he accepts abuse from fans in a game we played like a pub team as im sure he understands what this game does to people.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, mate.
                            Best stick with the Leon Clarke's of this world. At least we know it won't matter if they don't score 20+ goals, as we wouldn't be in with a chance of promotion anyway.

Comment

i truly believe that side that won on saturday with chopra would get us up automatic. do you know how much strain a real tricky mobile centre forwards takes off your midfield and defence cos teams are too scared to push up as much, he would seriously be the missing piece to the premiership jigsaw.
                              still got buzz and rowly to come back as cover. if they brought some more class then all well and good, but i honestly dont think its needed.
                              helguson wouldnt bother me if he was our sub and cover for chopra either. he would do fine in that role, just dont want to rely on him as the main man cos he so aint that.
                              Last edited by Guest; 13-08-2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

just a concern that the strength in depth lacks a couple of decent players....We just need some older heads in the side to give that experiance to the youngsters...

Comment

Working...
                                X