A time for calm.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A time for calm.....

Right, I know this isnt going to sit well with a few people but I think even though a number of people on here are frustrated with the lack of bringing in a striker or two doesnt mean its not going to happen.

Since Warnock has been here there has been quite a change in culture from people tending to know one way or another who is next on the list coming in, this seems to have stopped now. Where as before people would already crucify a player before even turning up to sign for QPR we are now as fans in a situation where we dont know what Warnock is thinking. This doesnt mean he doesnt know what he's doing!!! Im sure things are going on behind the scenes regarding strikers coming in - I know Varney is a name being mentioned but again Warnock is not stupid and this wont be 'the striker'.

Ive been to both games so far this season and they were two completely different ends of the spectrum where on Saturday there was a belief and confidence as well as battle in the team & on Tuesday well.......... there was no belief, low confidence and very little battle.
    We have brought in 7 players over the summer and the squad is a lot stronger Physically and mentally. I know weve been promised 'icing on the cake' I believe it will come, Warnock is not here to muck about or to make up the numbers in this league,

I do believe Warnock will get the players he wants albeit without the club being held to ransom over high wages.

Roll on Saturday!!!!!

I do agree with all that, what i am worried about though is how much they are allowing Neil to spend on a 'Striker' as we seem to have been priced out of Robers and Chopra.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

How can one be calm when one is seeing Luke Varney being bought in on a loan deal to solve our goalscoring problems!!

Comment

looking like another frustrating mediocre season like the last few...no commitment or ambition shown by the board..........
        and they wonder why the fanbase is so small and they havent sold enough season tickets??? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
          How can one be calm when one is seeing Luke Varney being bought in on a loan deal to solve our goalscoring problems!!
          Morris what goalscoring problem is that cos the game I went to on Saturday we won 4 zip!!!!
          Ffs be patient!!!!

Comment

yeah.... against one of the fav's for the drop-do you remember last season
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
              Morris what goalscoring problem is that cos the game I went to on Saturday we won 4 zip!!!!
              Ffs be patient!!!!
              1 game mate, was you not around last season when no-one could hit a cows ars.e for about 4 months???

take the rose tinted glasses off and smell the coffee!!

Comment

The top scorers of all 3 teams that went up last season were all midfielders.

Comment

Calm before the storm, remember.
                  Queens Park Rangers
                  NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Ffs be patient!!!!
                    we've been waiting 4 years for a striker but like you say ffs be patient

Comment

1 game mate, was you not around last season when no-one could hit a cows ars.e for about 4 months???

take the rose tinted glasses off and smell the coffee!!
                      Don't miss a game mate,
                      4 months ago was last season!!!
                      If we go 5 games withscoring or any results then I wi think about worrying.
                      But at this current point in time we've scored 4 conceeded 0
                      so put a air cd on crack open a corona and chill out

Comment

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
                        The top scorers of all 3 teams that went up last season were all midfielders.
                        Yep but they still had striker who got goals aswel.

Nolan got 19 for the Toon, but Carroll got 17 aswel.

What striker on our books will get 15+ goals?

What midfielder will hit 19-20 goals like Nolan, Whittingham, Adam etc?

Comment

Don't miss a game mate,
                          4 months ago was last season!!!
                          If we go 5 games withscoring or any results then I wi think about worrying.
                          But at this current point in time we've scored 4 conceeded 0
                          so put a air cd on crack open a corona and chill out
                          Yeah 4 months ago, and we have lost our top scorer and replaced him with Leon Clarke since then!

Comment

Yeah 4 months ago, and we have lost our top scorer and replaced him with Leon Clarke since then!
                            morris just let them think there is no striker problem.. they won't listen to the facts or they can't take the facts

Comment

Yep but they still had striker who got goals aswel.

Nolan got 19 for the Toon, but Carroll got 17 aswel.

What striker on our books will get 15+ goals?

What midfielder will hit 19-20 goals like Nolan, Whittingham, Adam etc?
                              WBA and Blackpool's top strikers each got 11 goals.

I personally believe HH could get a similar amount if he were to stay fit over the course of the season.

Without meaning to get ahead of myself, I think Taarabt with a bit of luck could get around 15+.. then there's still Buzsaky, Mackie etccc.

We need a quality striker. THat's obvious. I'm just pointing out you don't need to have a prolific 25+ a season striker to achieve promotion.
                              Last edited by Nik29; 12-08-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X