Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should managers be allowed to admit they have no interest in particular games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should managers be allowed to admit they have no interest in particular games?

Other managers have done it over the years in cup matches, and occasionally in league games, Mick McCarthy being a recent example last season.

I don't see why not, be honest and we can all move on to the next game.

Comment

yes be honest so that we know that the performance like last night will hopefully be a blip and to me it shows that warnock cares about the league which is important for us

Comment

Warnock has said in the past regarding Carling cup, dont back us we really aint bothered when at sheff utd.

Comment

but the fans who paid good money to go and watch get proper mugged off and that shouldnt be.pull out of the competition altogether if you 'cant be bothered' with it!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

mugged off from the start with ST prices!

Comment

Not bothering with the Carling Cup, hence the lower prices, you didn't have to go.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

The Football league made mockery themselves of promoting The carling Cup, by playing matches on a week of Internationals.

Can anyone take the competition seriously fans or players?
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
                  Other managers have done it over the years in cup matches, and occasionally in league games, Mick McCarthy being a recent example last season.
                  Its got nothing to do with no interest, if a manager says he's not interested in a single game where his team are playing then he shouldn't be there. What they try and do is manage the squad, with the games ahead (in mind) so you don't play the same 11 week in week out. Its also a very good opportunity to play youngsters to see what they can do, but every manager would still want to win, whether you play the first11 or the under 16s.

Comment

to be fair to warnock he did warn us that he wasnt feilding a strong side and that he didnt give a shite. he said by all means come and support the squad but dont expect much.

Comment

I don't recall macarthy saying that. Managers cant say that because it will mean even less fans turn up and there are expenses to putting a game on.

So, the club needs to attract the most fans - the managers choose the team, which reflects their real interest.

I have had zero interest in that cup for years and wouldn't go. (yes of course I would change my mind if we got far...). Fans all know hat many managers don't try their best to win these games.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                        to be fair to warnock he did warn us that he wasnt feilding a strong side and that he didnt give a shite. he said by all means come and support the squad but dont expect much.
                        Oh right, didn't see that, was it on the offy, available to non qpr player users?

Silver, didn't MM publicly field a weakened team in a league game against Man U, in order to field a stronger team against a lesser team later that week?

Comment

Working...
                        X