My view on the newies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My view on the newies

Alright it's only one game I know but first impressions are important.

Kenny - Good attitude and he talks to the back four, flapped at a couple of crosses. Will prove to be better than Cerny.

Hill - Again, didn't stop talking and encouraging, solid no nonsense defending, didn't level to Borrowdale. Big improvement.

Orr - Much more mobile than Ramage. He is going to be an attacking full-back, and Hill will hold more. Promising although distribution not great.

Derry - Without doubt he will become and unsung hero for the R's. A right dirty bstd he is a winner and this will spread throughout the team. Expect him to be Captain when Fitz's gets injured.

Mackie - Hard working, Winner. Poor touch and not classy but will try and try. Ainsworth is a decent comparison.

Tarabbt - I think he is probably our most skillful player ever. Would be a top premiership player if he had pace and work ethic.
    :drunk:

what about poor Leon?
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post

Kenny - Good attitude and he talks to the back four, flapped at a couple of crosses. Will prove to be better than Cerny.

Hill - Again, didn't stop talking and encouraging, solid no nonsense defending, didn't level to Borrowdale. Big improvement.

Orr - Much more mobile than Ramage. He is going to be an attacking full-back, and Hill will hold more. Promising although distribution not great.

Derry - Without doubt he will become and unsung hero for the R's. A right dirty bstd he is a winner and this will spread throughout the team. Expect him to be Captain when Fitz's gets injured.

Mackie - Hard working, Winner. Poor touch and not classy but will try and try. Ainsworth is a decent comparison.

Tarabbt - I think he is probably our most skillful player ever. Would be a top premiership player if he had pace and work ethic.
      Lots of people will be gutted the old cloggers done well, as it does not suit their agenda.

PS: NW said AT's attitude and antics does upset other players so don't bother with the yeah but what about you replies.

Comment

A decent summary there.

Thinking about Kenny in particular, I think all keepers have their 'heart-in-mouth' moments, no matter what level they play at. It's a difficult position, as the buck stops with you in a sense - you are the last man between the ball and the net, and you have idiot, headless chicken defenders getting under your feet when you come for crosses!!!!

Plus it was wet on Saturday - always causes a few handling problems for keepers. That's just physics.

It's the position I would least like to play in.

But we all know what Kenny's capable of. He was outstanding most of the time at Sheffield United.

Show me a keeper who doesn't have the occasional 'flap'.

A good read, by the way. Thanks for posting.
        Last edited by Minty; 10-08-2010, 12:43 PM.
        Be nice to Minty

Comment

Changed your tune, it was all doom and gloom coming from you for the past few weeks Kingy...
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

You think, just possibly, that the season might get harder than Barnsley at home? Far too early on any judgements on individuals. Let's see if Taarabt can cope with Robbie Savage better than last year, let's see if Derry can play 2 games a week, let's see if Orr's game is all long ball, let's see if Hill can support the front players, or if Kenny can judge a cross.

Comment

lets see Leon at all.
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Good post kingy

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  lets see Leon at all.
                  Lets not.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                    Lots of people will be gutted the old cloggers done well, as it does not suit their agenda.

PS: NW said AT's attitude and antics does upset other players so don't bother with the yeah but what about you replies.
                    As Kingy said, Lets see if they can do it consistently, like Adel regularly does.

Still havent seen you give any praise or admittance that you were wrong regarding AT.

Despite every tabloid, person that went to the game and website saying how he ran them ragged and was the difference; you havent once admited how wrong you were about us signing him.

And despite you keep saying "I told you we would end up with him", yes you did say that but the fact remains that if you had your way we WOULD NOT have had him here and you would have played Buszacky instead.

No mention of Taraabt winning the 1st penalty and walking away smiling as Helgusson scored..

No credit at all..
                    I cant wait for us to hammer teams with AT and Buzz playing and you to ignore you said they couldnt play together as AT wouldnt track back...

Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                      As Kingy said, Lets see if they can do it consistently, like Adel regularly does.

Still havent seen you give any praise or admittance that you were wrong regarding AT.

Despite every tabloid, person that went to the game and website saying how he ran them ragged and was the difference; you havent once admited how wrong you were about us signing him.

And despite you keep saying "I told you we would end up with him", yes you did say that but the fact remains that if you had your way we WOULD NOT have had him here and you would have played Buszacky instead.

No mention of Taraabt winning the 1st penalty and walking away smiling as Helgusson scored..

No credit at all..
                      I cant wait for us to hammer teams with AT and Buzz playing and you to ignore you said they couldnt play together as AT wouldnt track back...

Priceless
                      Silly little Paul now has me on his ignore list so I'm relying on the likes of yourself to remind him how ****ing clueless he is about the beautiful game as and when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post

No credit at all..

Priceless
                        Taarabt was, obviously, fantastic on Saturday. However, after that, ii is likely the many teams will play man-to-man on him from now on. Barnsley, as well as being only Barnsley, will not have been prepared for Rangers to line up with him there on Saturday, because of Buzz's late injury. Now teams will have seen AT play there, they will be putting a lot more pressure on him.

Comment

Originally posted by stanleymarsh View Post
                          Taarabt was, obviously, fantastic on Saturday. However, after that, ii is likely the many teams will play man-to-man on him from now on. Barnsley, as well as being only Barnsley, will not have been prepared for Rangers to line up with him there on Saturday, because of Buzz's late injury. Now teams will have seen AT play there, they will be putting a lot more pressure on him.

We have to but at least two new strikers to weigh up for a manmarked Taraabt?

That´s why I hope we will get two strikers in this week.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                            Changed your tune, it was all doom and gloom coming from you for the past few weeks Kingy...
                            Fair point, and as I've said it's only one game, but looks to be an improvement.

We are hugely reliant on Adel though, if he has a poor game I doubt we will win.

Still desperate for a striker, Helgusson very one dimensional (penalty was class) and very slow.

Comment

Originally posted by stanleymarsh View Post
                              You think, just possibly, that the season might get harder than Barnsley at home? Far too early on any judgements on individuals. Let's see if Taarabt can cope with Robbie Savage better than last year, let's see if Derry can play 2 games a week, let's see if Orr's game is all long ball, let's see if Hill can support the front players, or if Kenny can judge a cross.

Read the first line mate

Comment

Working...
                              X