Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Date for 25 man Premier Squad ruling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Date for 25 man Premier Squad ruling?

What date is this new 25 man squad ruling for the premiership as i feel it will open up a lot of options with players who are not picked therefore want to get a game next season, be it either loans or maybe even players deciding to leave as they feel they are no longer required/surplus to requirements.

As the Window does not end until 31st Aug maybe Neil is waiting to see who becomes available, good call imo.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
    What date is this new 25 man squad ruling for the premiership as i feel it will open up a lot of options with players who are not picked therefore want to get a game next season, be it either loans or maybe even players deciding to leave as they feel they are no longer required/surplus to requirements.

As the Window does not end until 31st Aug maybe Neil is waiting to see who becomes available, good call imo.
    I've been saying that for ages now and to me it makes perfect sense.

Comment

Sept 1. Day after the window shuts.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
        Sept 1. Day after the window shuts.
        Seriously, that would be pointless, i do hope your joking.
        Queens Park Rangers

Comment

I'm not. That is the date. Anyone who is going to be released is in the mix already. It has relevance inasmuch as if you can spot someone who is foreign and likely to be released on that basis alone then go for it. Otherwise there will be no sudden flood of released palyers we can get, part perhaps on loans where the window is different.

Comment

Here is dem rules.....

THE NEW RULES

Clubs must name a 25 man squad by 5pm, September 1.

Eight of the squad must be home-grown players.

Home-grown players include anyone who was registered with an English or Welsh club for three years between their 16th and 21st birthdays.

Squads can be boosted with an unlimited number of players under the age of 21.

No changes can be made until the following transfer window.

Applications for emergency changes can be made in exceptional circumstances, ie goalkeeper loans or severe injury crises.

If a club names a squad of less than 25, free agents can be signed at any time.

Comment

So Prem teams will be playing crafty then by not announcing earlier and loads of players being left in the reserves etc. I suppose it stops players leaving so just being sent out on loans to keep them fit with matchplay.
              Queens Park Rangers

Comment

I think prem teams will be focussed on getting their best 25 signed on and what happens afterwards they will worry about afterwards. They would be more likely in the market to sell a foreigner they already know won't make the cut (like Tarrabt perhaps) but if they have no buyer and no wage bill worries there won't be a fire sale. The biggest effect is that foreign players now of lesser comparative value as more difficult to accommodate

Comment

Cheers Stan for the info.
                  Queens Park Rangers

Comment

The loan window wont be shut though right??
                    “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Originally posted by bpr11 View Post
                      The loan window wont be shut though right??
                      thats right

Comment

Can we read into this and our gaps in the squad numbers NW has left?

Interesting eh!

The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                        :grimace:

Comment

Working...
                        X