Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
    Lol!!.

Is there nothing we won't argue about and over-analyse here?.

I mean squad numbers ffs!.

i think sirpie and morris went off the original point.

QPR's squad doesnt look that strong.

in some case's numbers effect selection but we'll only know come august 7th. so leave that arguement alone..

i think its clear this squad aint doing much next year even with jobi mcanuff. its taken 3 years for us to realise we need TWO quality strikers. not just one.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

2 bradly orr
      7 adel taarabt

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

2 orr
        7 mcanuff

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
          i think sirpie and morris went off the original point.

QPR's squad doesnt look that strong.

in some case's numbers effect selection but we'll only know come august 7th. so leave that arguement alone..

i think its clear this squad aint doing much next year even with jobi mcanuff. its taken 3 years for us to realise we need TWO quality strikers. not just one.
          Agree mate.

As it stands i think 8th to 10th at best.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
            I disagree on the assessments offered on Burnley, Sir P, but that is all a matter of opinion so I'm happy to leave it there. But I will say I saw them 4 times playing us that year and in their the play off so am pretty confident I know what I am talking about. They weren't just well drilled they had some flair about them. We thought we had that first game won and then they turned it up and we were made to look v poor in the end.

I couldn't give a monkey's on the shirt numbers tbh. Like Robsondino I do have a silly sentimentality about who wears the 10 so Happy Buz has kept it (also doesn't instantly make my boys replica shirts from year just gone wrong!). This can all be as much about superstition and personal preferences. I doubt too much grey matter was taxed down at HQ about it tbh.
            I'm not saying Burnley weren't a good side they were. I'm not saying they weren't well drilled or played nice football because they did. The key difference between our seasons that year was that they kept the same manager and played a similar 11 throughout the season. We sacked Dowie, sacked Sousa and had Ainsworth twice as caretaker - no unity.

I wrote this last August:

Burnley lost their opening match last season 4-1 to Sheffield Wednesday
            Burnley lost their second match last season 3-0 at home to Ipswich
            Burnley scored only once in their opening four matches last season
            Burnley lost five in a row from Boxing Day to the end of January last season
            Burnley conceded 16 goals more than us last season
            Burnley had the 18th worst defence last season
            Burnley's top scorer (Paterson) scored the same amount of goals as Blackstock last season

As we all know Burnley are now a Premiership team but reading the above makes you think how. They didn't have a 20+ season striker, they didn't have a tight defence, the majority of their summer signings didn't work out (Penny, Van Der Schaaf, Anderson and Berisha) but with the smallest squad in the league the pulled together as a unit and surprised everyone.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=24268

Comment

Yes, agree they were a tight unit of players. But crucially a tight unit of players with more individual ability than ours. The classic double whammy. I don't doubt the Coyle factor got them going but he had the tools to work with. We were fumbling about with ledesema and parejo and di carmine etc. They scored 30 more goals than us (not counting those in the play offs).

On the specific, they certainly had some luck in results around them to get them into 4th and more luck in the play off final (but deserved it) and Sheffield didn't really turn up on the day (another team who incidentally made us look poor that year when we were up there).

We could argue this all day. But good luck tpo them I think. I had no difficulty with Burnley going up as they deserved it - for playing the game the right way (imo). They are a team with a similar tradition to our own tbh. I many respects - small, selling, clubs that punched above their weight for years. Played the game on the floor etc. As I grew up they were quite the rivals for us.

I had more difficulty with Hull going up to be honest. And Stoke totally fluked it. But that is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
                Yes, agree they were a tight unit of players. But crucially a tight unit of players with more individual ability than ours. The classic double whammy. I don't doubt the Coyle factor got them going but he had the tools to work with. We were fumbling about with ledesema and parejo and di carmine etc. They scored 30 more goals than us (not counting those in the play offs).

On the specific, they certainly had some luck in results around them to get them into 4th and more luck in the play off final (but deserved it) and Sheffield didn't really turn up on the day (another team who incidentally made us look poor that year when we were up there).

We could argue this all day. But good luck tpo them I think. I had no difficulty with Burnley going up as they deserved it - for playing the game the right way (imo). They are a team with a similar tradition to our own tbh. I many respects - small, selling, clubs that punched above their weight for years. Played the game on the floor etc. As I grew up they were quite the rivals for us.

I had more difficulty with Hull going up to be honest. And Stoke totally fluked it. But that is a different story.
                I like them too. I like the fact that a team like Burnley and now Blackpool can reach the Premiership. However I still think that that team is no better or worse than our team. Maybe I'm just extremely hopefully that given under a full season under Warnock we have the players to get us up into the top 6. I'm happy to agree to disagree with that but I'd also say that our team is better than either Blackpool's or Swansea's last season but again the managerial sackings and the squad changes didn't help.

Comment

Ah...yes. Now Blackpool are a better example of the point I think you are making. On paper last year (and of course there was a year between the two comparisons we are talking about here) we were better than Blackpool. As for this comparison we can draw in Simpson , Routledge, Tarrabt and add in Buz and Cook etc on our side. They had no players of that quality. Sadly, I think if you compare the two now (our squad now to theoir last year) it would be a much closer call.

Pool kept plugging away and got their luck. They beat much better teams. On the other hand were not pretty to watch. But I too am pleased they did it to show it can be done. And against Cardiff.

Comment

Doesn`t light any fires. seems a very very average squad. I hope to be proved wrong. Helgusson NUMBER 9? Really!!?

Comment

• 2 Orr
                      7 McAnuff
                      15 Taarabt
                      20 Beattie

Comment

• Originally posted by Magic View Post
                        To be fair, the squad at the moment doesn't look great, but if we can add Orr, McAnuff and a striker or two it'll look a great deal better. At the end of the day footy's played on grass not paper
                        agreed.. at the moment i would say we are looking at 11th-14th placing with out no one else coming

Comment

• im seriously peed off that they gave that watford piece of shite the number 9 and made our new best player 12. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                            I'm not saying Burnley weren't a good side they were. I'm not saying they weren't well drilled or played nice football because they did. The key difference between our seasons that year was that they kept the same manager and played a similar 11 throughout the season. We sacked Dowie, sacked Sousa and had Ainsworth twice as caretaker - no unity.

I wrote this last August:

Burnley lost their opening match last season 4-1 to Sheffield Wednesday
                            Burnley lost their second match last season 3-0 at home to Ipswich
                            Burnley scored only once in their opening four matches last season
                            Burnley lost five in a row from Boxing Day to the end of January last season
                            Burnley conceded 16 goals more than us last season
                            Burnley had the 18th worst defence last season
                            Burnley's top scorer (Paterson) scored the same amount of goals as Blackstock last season

As we all know Burnley are now a Premiership team but reading the above makes you think how. They didn't have a 20+ season striker, they didn't have a tight defence, the majority of their summer signings didn't work out (Penny, Van Der Schaaf, Anderson and Berisha) but with the smallest squad in the league the pulled together as a unit and surprised everyone.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ad.php?t=24268
                            Lest we forget also that Newcastle lost pre-season to Leyton Orient by what was it? 6 goals or something.....
                            And Norwich conceded 7 in the first game of their season...........too much writing gets written on too many walls too early in the season by too many doom mongers IMO.
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Beckham 17, 23 and 32 in the past .... didn't mean he was not going to be a first choice.... they are squad numbers ffs.... who cares!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                Lest we forget also that Newcastle lost pre-season to Leyton Orient by what was it? 6 goals or something.....
                                And Norwich conceded 7 in the first game of their season...........too much writing gets written on too many walls too early in the season by too many doom mongers IMO.
                                And too many tango coloured owners who are trigger happy.

Holloway in the Premiership with Blackpool shows that having faith in the manager, a little luck and some unity goes a long way. A lot longer than arguing over which player wears which number and the thought of having to be top from day one.

Comment

Working...
                                X