Squad numbers revealed..Thread JULY 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
    I probably know more about Burnley then I do QPR having worked with an ST holder for the past 6 years. Look at Eagles record in the CCC and then ask a Burnley fan what they think of him - the Hairdresser - they want rid of him because he is a show pony. Back in January most turned their noses up at Steven Thompson when he was linked with us. Paterson is much better than any of our strikers but Akinbiyi? Rodriquez? Penny got dropped after 1 match and Jensen (The Beast) is definitely not as good as Kenny. Elliot is as good as Buzsaky, Alexander and Derry have similarities (old, grey, slow, workhorse) but do the job that needs doing. Carlisle and Duff are solid but IMO no better or worse than Gorkss and Connolly. Jordan makes Hill look quick. Gudjohnsson is one of those that people think is better than he actually is.

I take Elliott and Paterson to improve our squad but nobody else. They were a unit made up of hard working players.
    Disagree, your now going out of your way to prove that Burnleys squad was worse than ours and it shows with your poor reasoning.

Ive said all I wanted to say on this thread so will leave it there.

Comment

Problem is your agrument is going round in circles, in effect you are both saying squad numbers dont really matter, which is true, however it would of been nice to leave 8 and 9 open for players that deserve them.

However if they did do that certain other posters would claim it was all a conspiracy to sell more season tickets!

Club can't win, whatever they do for some posters on the board, its called opinion!
      “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
        Correct. Backs up my point of players wanting to keep the same shirt # for sentimental reasons.
        No it doesn't it contradicts your point. You said he couldn't wear 7-11 because they had already been taking now you are saying it was for sentimental reasons. Make your mind up.

Comment

Really?

We have lost Routledge Simpson and Taarabt from last year and have got Derry Hill and Clarke???

We are better off off the pitch with Warnock in charge, but not so sure we are better on it.
          As I said before. The wholes will be filled. Correct me if I am wrong but haven't you been b1tching about Taarabt and that you don't want him to sign (or do I have the wrong person - Sorry if I am wrong?). Routledge yeah I agree totally will be missed but I feel WE HAVE GAINED in the other area's where we were suffering. People will moan and b1tch about Hill and Derry but I actually think they'll have a massive impact on us.

Comment

Numbers mean nothing IMO unless its number 10.

I mean Ronaldinho wears number 80!!

I agree with morris that IF we dont sign anyone then the squad is a joke, but IF we do sign a good player and he is wearing number 76 for example he will still be playing.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              No it doesn't it contradicts your point. You said he couldn't wear 7-11 because they had already been taking now you are saying it was for sentimental reasons. Make your mind up.
              Both things I said were correct. He couldnt take 7-11 as they were taken. Which is correct. He also chose 39 over other numbers in the 20s and 30s for sentimental reasons. Which is also correct.

Definitely my last post!

PS Dazzer, I want Taarabt to sign so you have the wrong person, but not the end of the world if he doesn't.

Comment

Im delighted with Derry and Hill, players proven to dig in and give everything when the going gets tough... maybe if we had a few more like that in the not so distant past we would of acheived our much maligned targets...
                “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

2- Orr
                  7- Taraabt.

End of dealings this side of xmas.
                  2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Disagree, your now going out of your way to prove that Burnleys squad was worse than ours and it shows with your poor reasoning.

Ive said all I wanted to say on this thread so will leave it there.
                    Poor reasoning. I take it you know lots of Burnley fans then. I take it your boss who you sit opposite is a Burnley fan?

There is one thing disagreeing with one thing or another but disagreeing purely because it is me is just silly.

As I've already said I apologise if I offended you but I'm not prepared to get too worried because player A is wearing a particular number. You've said twice now that players wear particular numbers because of sentiment so i don't see if this is the case why you worry what numbers players wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                      2- Orr
                      7- Taraabt.

End of dealings this side of xmas.
                      Fail to believe we wont get a striker in

Comment

As long as helguson and stewart dont start im not bothered

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
                          Fail to believe we wont get a striker in
                          anyone who doesnt think/know that there is one or even two new strikers coming in is radio rental

Comment

Lol!!.

Is there nothing we won't argue about and over-analyse here?.

I mean squad numbers ffs!.

Comment

Gary hooper's got number 88 for celtic. If we signed him and he got number 88 i couldnt care less who got number 9

Comment

I disagree on the assessments offered on Burnley, Sir P, but that is all a matter of opinion so I'm happy to leave it there. But I will say I saw them 4 times playing us that year and in their the play off so am pretty confident I know what I am talking about. They weren't just well drilled they had some flair about them. We thought we had that first game won and then they turned it up and we were made to look v poor in the end.

I couldn't give a monkey's on the shirt numbers tbh. Like Robsondino I do have a silly sentimentality about who wears the 10 so Happy Buz has kept it (also doesn't instantly make my boys replica shirts from year just gone wrong!). This can all be as much about superstition and personal preferences. I doubt too much grey matter was taxed down at HQ about it tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X