Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
    4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1

Mackie - Henderson - Hogan (Mcanuff IF he signs)
    -------- Faurlin - Buzz --------
    ------------- Derry ------------
    - Hill -- Gorkks -- Hall -- Orr -
    ------------ Kenny -------------

3 serious weak links, mid table Championship fodder

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      So so true.

Clint Hill made Jermaine Johnson from sheff wed look world class.

His lack of pace is an issue and there is no way you can sweep that under the carpet.

Why we expect to see Hogan have a blinding season is beyond me.

Looks very average on paper.

Fraulin and Buzz are the only players that stand out, and that is I hope the old Buzz as otherwise the lack of quality is frigtening.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yesterday you said "Well Warnock being an experienced football manager would actually know the answer to that whereas you a football fan with biased views would actually know FA about what impact Taarabts signing would have on the rest of the squad"

Would you agree the same is true that with him being an experienced football manager, he is better judged to decide who is a week link or not, whereas you a football fan with biased views would actually know FA on who is week or not ?

Comment

Yesterday you said "Well Warnock being an experienced football manager would actually know the answer to that whereas you a football fan with biased views would actually know FA about what impact Taarabts signing would have on the rest of the squad"

Would you agree the same is true that with him being an experienced football manager, he is better judged to decide who is a week link or not, whereas you a football fan with biased views would actually know FA on who is week or not ?
          Bang on the money Mr Mason
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            So so true.

Clint Hill made Jermaine Johnson from sheff wed look world class.

His lack of pace is an issue and there is no way you can sweep that under the carpet.

Why we expect to see Hogan have a blinding season is beyond me.

Looks very average on paper.

Fraulin and Buzz are the only players that stand out, and that is I hope the old Buzz as otherwise the lack of quality is frigtening.
            Hill will struggle against certain wingers but he has been part of a very good defence for the past few seasons. Palace conceded 12 goals fewer than us last season and they were the 7th tightest defence in the league. I know people will say this is down to Speroni but ask any Palace fan and they will also say it's because of their defence. I don't remember Speroni having much to do against us at home the last couple of times because their defence shut us out.

Would I prefer us to go out and sign Bertrand? Yes but will Bertrand give us as much leadership and experience as Hill? I don't think he will. And these are two areas we've been lacking in recent seasons.

Comment

.....and your point is?

You are the one making claims about relationships between players and the impact Taarabt's signing on team morale which is absolute BS as you know FA and you're making wild assumptions.

Whereas I know Hall, Ephriam are not good enough (as does everyone else because we have seen them play enough) and Hills lack of pace make them serious weak links. Keep up sonny jim, better luck next time.

Last edited by W12_Ranger; 29-07-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                Hill will struggle against certain wingers but he has been part of a very good defence for the past few seasons. Palace conceded 12 goals fewer than us last season and they were the 7th tightest defence in the league. I know people will say this is down to Speroni but ask any Palace fan and they will also say it's because of their defence. I don't remember Speroni having much to do against us at home the last couple of times because their defence shut us out.

Would I prefer us to go out and sign Bertrand? Yes but will Bertrand give us as much leadership and experience as Hill? I don't think he will. And these are two areas we've been lacking in recent seasons.
                Sir Pie... Are you serious??

Speroni pulled off about 3 world class saves at home against us, one inparticular from Faurlin, who when I spoke to him, laughed as it was an Argie saving an Argie's shot!! Also I know its hard to believe but Rowan Vine hit a thunderous volley in the last minute that somehow Speroni tipped over.

Comment

.....and your point is?

You are the one making claims about relationships between players and the impact Taarabt's signing on team morale which is absolute BS as you know FA and you are making wild assumptions.

Whereas I know Hall, Ephriam are not good enough (as does everyone else because we have seen them play enough) and Hills lack of pace make them serious weak link. Keep up sonny jim, better luck next time.

Has Peter Halmosi played left back for Hull, hasent he?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    Sir Pie... Are you serious??

Speroni pulled off about 3 world class saves at home against us, one inparticular from Faurlin, who when I spoke to him, laughed as it was an Argie saving an Argie's shot!! Also I know its hard to believe but Rowan Vine hit a thunderous volley in the last minute that somehow Speroni tipped over.
                    I must be getting old - are you talking about the 1-1 draw? Why don't I remember this?

Nurse! Help!

Comment

Jeffro has a point Sirpie.

The 1-1 HOME game is the game, that we had countless chances.

If it wasn't for speroni and our poor finishing, then we could of won 5-1 that day.

Neil warnock celebrated the draw like he has just won the european cup, fact.

The defence of palace...well there wasn't one on that day. To many wingers have pace so I expect Clint hill to have to many off days in the up and coming season. The most important game of the season for them against sheff wed he was the worst player on the whole pitch and infact Clarke was one of the better players that day.

Comment

Connolly will play center back so make that 2 weak links. And don't think Hogan is one to be fair, on some days Hill will be exposed..

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
                          Connolly will play center back so make that 2 weak links. And don't think Hogan is one to be fair, on some days Hill will be exposed..
                          Ephriam is poor I've been very patient and I don't care about pre-season, can't fault the lads attitude just not good enough I'm afraid.

Funny that as well we must be the only 2 posters who see Connolly as a weak link at centre half. Stewart must play and I don't even rate him highly but he has the most strength, pace, physical presence and best in the air out of all our defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post

Connolly, jack of all trades, master of none..........well overrated and average at best.
                            They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                              Connolly, jack of all trades, master of none..........well overrated and average at best.
                              Disagree. You need a centre back with a bit more than just a big hoof.

I'd much rather a centre back occasionally showing a bit of composure on the ball. This is the friggin championship not sunday league although at times I think players like Stewart would suit the sunday league style.

Comment

Bleedin' 'eck. Our best defender imo

Comment

Working...
                                X