Mittal involvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Been going since 1965, do not want to be called a nerd by some newbie ****** like you

No need to be racist is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      Dunno why everyone's getting their knickers in a twist they haven't been in charge 5 mins give them a chance to get their feet under the table. As previously stated they have been on the board & shareholders yes, Decision makers NO... I trust them, I believe they are in for the long haul. I do believe their is a bit of what maybe called a power struggle behind the scenes with regards to finance but once the dust settles these boys will show their mettle.
      Mettle, Metal, Mittal all the same init.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
        Instant success?

Bhatia has been part of the board who have consistently failed to improve on Caliendo's shoestring side in 3 years!

Leaving aside the fact that I've been coming since 1972. Instant success? You have a lot to learn.

Amit and Ishan have been good with words. Time to deliver.

they do a lot of talking without actually doing anything

Comment

I find myself agreeing with vblockranger, to a degree Romford Hoop and have to say I have less passion for this season, than previous ones. The thing that indicates things are going on behind the scenes is that back in May, Warnock was telling anyone that would listen how much he was looking forward to bringing in his players and that comically he put down Ishan when asked about the budget, giving all fans the impression rightly or wrongly that money will be spent.

I made the point that I believe we have the right manager because he can get the best of very average players and whilst no-where near the likes of Clough he tends to show the same theory in bringing in players he knows and trusts. take Ambrose for example, now its obvious we were after him, yet Palace win the day by offering him 13k a week and a 3 year contract and we cannot compete with that?

We are 10 days away from the start of the season and whilst we will probably bring 2-3 players, we know now that millions won't be spent. Its a catch 22 situation as we are in the championship, but so many fans from other clubs do not understand our under investment in the club and with a little more thought and marketing this great club could thrive, but most are disillusioned.

The big saving grace is that whilst many other clubs are going to the wall or on the brink of financial ruin, we have rich backers who will prevent that from happening, though it does seem that someones hands are tied as this particular dawn of major shareholders taking over certainly promised more than its delivered, a fact bourne out by the low season ticket holder numbers.

Maybe we should accept for a club our size that being a stable championship side is the very best we can hope for and to a degree we are punching above our weight in this modern age of football
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Who said they are doing nothing and what do you know that we don't about what's been going on at the club last few months?

I'm 100% behind Amit & Ishan and trust them all the way.

Comment

I think its just nicer personalities fronting the whole thing, as whislt I have no proof, would imagine Mr Mittal, BE and FB are still very much friends and work together in any decision making process, whist Amit and Ishan are the faces for the fans.

Thats my theory anyway
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                I think its just nicer personalities fronting the whole thing, as whislt I have no proof, would imagine Mr Mittal, BE and FB are still very much friends and work together in any decision making process, whist Amit and Ishan are the faces for the fans.

Thats my theory anyway

Do you think warnock would be here if that were true.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  I find myself agreeing with vblockranger, to a degree Romford Hoop and have to say I have less passion for this season, than previous ones. The thing that indicates things are going on behind the scenes is that back in May, Warnock was telling anyone that would listen how much he was looking forward to bringing in his players and that comically he put down Ishan when asked about the budget, giving all fans the impression rightly or wrongly that money will be spent.

I made the point that I believe we have the right manager because he can get the best of very average players and whilst no-where near the likes of Clough he tends to show the same theory in bringing in players he knows and trusts. take Ambrose for example, now its obvious we were after him, yet Palace win the day by offering him 13k a week and a 3 year contract and we cannot compete with that?

We are 10 days away from the start of the season and whilst we will probably bring 2-3 players, we know now that millions won't be spent. Its a catch 22 situation as we are in the championship, but so many fans from other clubs do not understand our under investment in the club and with a little more thought and marketing this great club could thrive, but most are disillusioned.

The big saving grace is that whilst many other clubs are going to the wall or on the brink of financial ruin, we have rich backers who will prevent that from happening, though it does seem that someones hands are tied as this particular dawn of major shareholders taking over certainly promised more than its delivered, a fact bourne out by the low season ticket holder numbers.

Maybe we should accept for a club our size that being a stable championship side is the very best we can hope for and to a degree we are punching above our weight in this modern age of football
                  This is actually a very good post Peter, its nice to see you talking some sense.

Comment

Difficult one? At first no I did not think that, but something is not quite right and i cannot put my finger on it.

I would imagine he was given assurances that Flavio would not interfere and I have no doubt he does not, but that maybe have been a decision made by the board after the protests in order to move forward. After all something had to be done because fans simply had enough and it couldn't go on like it was.

my guess is that indeed Flavio has no involvement in the day to day running of the club anymore, but considering his personality surely he has a say in what is spent and not spent. As I say, just my theory.

Comment

Nope, we had 11000 st holders only a few years ago, with an average of 15/16000 crowds.......in a division below this one.
                      Noway should we be a club punching above it wheight in this division.
                      Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 27-07-2010, 11:07 PM.

Comment

NW will walk if that is the case

Comment

Sure, but a loss of 5,000 cannot simply be down to the current economic crisis?

You used to get value for your season ticket, maybe 4-5 free games? this season I for the first time will probably not get one, as I will miss one game in September, that means I break even...

Plus on the last 4 years i've had £3.50 charges on my away season ticket, which adds up to at least £200 over the last 4 years and loyal points which mean't nothing.

Thats why many are disilluisioned

Comment

And if he does that, doubt if the club will recover.

Comment

The club cannot lose Warnock, and cannot lose Amit or the financial backing we have, however small we think it is

We will just have to be patient I guess

Comment

Nope, if NW goes then that will be the final straw. The board need to put up or shut up, back there man

Comment

Working...
                                X