Mittal involvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mittal involvement

At this stage of the pre season i just do not get why the Mittals and probably the Kingfisher guy are involved with Rangers.

Mr Mittal is worth approx 20 + Billion just take in that figure 20,000 thousand million, he spent 33 million on his daughters wedding,and millions on some crappy tower at the olympic stadium, his investment at Rangers is peanuts,the ambition shown is zero, the players signed at best average boardering on poor, Why ???.

Surely the only point of owning Rangers is to take it forward as a club to the premiership,build a new stadium and turn us into a global brand.

To do that we need massive investment,speculate to accumalate is the old saying.

Just do not understand what is going on,we have a squad that we all know will not finish top 2, even with 2 top class signings will struggle for top 6.

Baffled totally baffled and dare i say pissed off, have renewed for 40th year on the trot but really not looking forward to the new season, my god i never thought i would say that with one of the richest familys in the world owning our club.

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    At this stage of the pre season i just do not get why the Mittals and probably the Kingfisher guy are involved with Rangers.

Mr Mittal is worth approx 20 + Billion just take in that figure 20,000 thousand million, he spent 33 million on his daughters wedding,and millions on some crappy tower at the olympic stadium, his investment at Rangers is peanuts,the ambition shown is zero, the players signed at best average boardering on poor, Why ???.

Surely the only point of owning Rangers is to take it forward as a club to the premiership,build a new stadium and turn us into a global brand.

To do that we need massive investment,speculate to accumalate is the old saying.

Just do not understand what is going on,we have a squad that we all know will not finish top 2, even with 2 top class signings will struggle for top 6.

Baffled totally baffled and dare i say pissed off, have renewed for 40th year on the trot but really not looking forward to the new season, my god i never thought i would say that with one of the richest familys in the world owning our club.
    Dunno about being a global brand....................I just want to watch the football, and enjoy it. I think I will this year. Give it a chance.

Comment

Football in India, they want India to reach The World Cup in future and these are the two men who can make that happen.

Comment

Its as if everything as so far investment is concerned, is in neutral and not going forward hardly at all.

With all that money and power, the only place for people like that is at the top, yet they seem to be unconcerned that they own a small to medium championship club, stuck in the middle reaches of the number two league.

Cannot for the love of me work that one out.
        They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
          Its as if everything as so far investment is concerned, is in neutral and not going forward hardly at all.

With all that money and power, the only place for people like that is at the top, yet they seem to be unconcerned that they own a small to medium championship club, stuck in the middle reaches of the number two league.

Cannot for the love of me work that one out.
          Completely agree. There is something that is really dodgy about the whole thing.

Why Why Why would they buy QPR and do absolutely f-all with it other than improve the area of the ground in which they sit.

Bizarre is not the word.
          :drunk:

Comment

personally I think they are trying to make us a sustainable club. So, when they leave we have income to support our expenses. What will happen when arabs leave man city or the russian chelsea? Yes, we'd like us to spend and get the best players in but at least we're not back to a early 2000 situation when they do leave

Comment

It's a good question, we all thought Flavio was done and dusted however it's not the case by reading online last few days. We have not spent anything to date tell's us why, as soon as Flavio has gone things should change, if not then they never will.

Comment

i reckon FB is behind the go slow, according to some report thats why it's been slow on the player front, and the rumours of him selling up should now get things moving.

Comment

At least get the club into 1st gear.....that would be a change from reverse..

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                    i reckon FB is behind the go slow, according to some report thats why it's been slow on the player front, and the rumours of him selling up should now get things moving.
                    OK Quaz, I should have kept it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      OK Quaz, I should have kept it simple.
                      you saying i am thick

Comment

Comment

Personally I wouldn't look to deep into it I simply think Mittal has bought in to give his son in law the chance to run the show and not so much learn the ropes of big business as he is a successful businessman in his own right but to simply get him 'schooled' in big boys games. Mittal may have paid for the stake yes but his input I believe is zero. Its Amits little operation. Personal opinion only of course.

Comment

I am sure you are right that Mr Mittal has given his son-in law a little business to run,however all business needs investment to grow however small,the investment in quality players at Rangers is nil, sign Chopra,Earnshaw,show a interest earlier in Hooper,show some signs of ambition, with all due respest Derry,Hill and Clarke hardly set the pulses racing,hence the terrible figure of under 7,000 season ticket holders with about 11 days to go to kick-off.

This club has terrible support,but high prices,lack of true investment etc have taken its toll.

Comment

I would have thought, if our owners aim is to take football to india to possibly get a share of a growing market.

You need a top brand to do so, and clearly were not nowhere near that.

That will take big bucks and become a big brand name to market in india.

If they plan to want to take football to india cant do it owning the likes of us while we just stagnate and are only known in w/London.

We are no better of football wise now than five years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X