Ambrose offered new Palace deal to keep him from QPR's clutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am of the impression that he wants to prolong his spell under Warnock

I still feel he will become a ranger quite soonish.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• I think he will be a Ranger as well
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

• Posted this on wrong thread earlier.

Snippet from a poster on Reports site.

Well as you know Ambrose is a Harlow mucker like me !
        Through his career he has always been a pretty loyal sort of guy and pretty laid back bit like me !
        He gave Neil his word that he would join and to what info ive picked up locally over the last 2 wks it is still very much 70/30 in our favour he will be a Ranger before KO!
        He is not playing the game , but his agent maybe chancing his arm !
        Lets be serious if he signs he wont be scoring 20 goals this season for us , but he'll get 10 and thats about as many as our best striker last year !
        Only hitch that could happen is Clyne gets sold next week and they match our offer , they are trying all they can at CP but he does still want to be an R.
        He scored again in a friendly yesterday !

For a bit of fun just wanted to list a few other Harlow boys !

LUKE YOUNG - Wow if he could become an R ?
        GLEN HODDLE - What a player !
        GARY HART - just signed a new deal at Brighton - another really decent guy ! lived about 50 doors from me !
        And my old school mate is doing a great job as No2 at Norwich
        ex Spurs , ex Norwich played for many years alongside Crook and Bowen at Norwich - yes you got it Ian Culverhouse!(HES A GUNNER)
        We went to a Ars- QPR game together back in 1979 or 1980 season ?
        Cant remember the score but we got hammered 5-0 or 5-1 i think ?
        If anybody knows the correct score let me know as i cant find programme for that game!was a bad night though !
        Cant wait for the QPR-CANARIES game !

Anyway im not going to go on any more about D.A. but i can assure you hes a real decent bloke !

R's finish 5th ! McANUFF , ORR, AMBROSE & HENDERSON BEFORE K.O. PLUS MAYBE SIMPSON ON LOAN ! NO ADEL THOUGH BOO-HOO

Comment

• ambrose is going to preston with his mate orr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
            Posted this on wrong thread earlier.

Snippet from a poster on Reports site.

Well as you know Ambrose is a Harlow mucker like me !
            Through his career he has always been a pretty loyal sort of guy and pretty laid back bit like me !
            He gave Neil his word that he would join and to what info ive picked up locally over the last 2 wks it is still very much 70/30 in our favour he will be a Ranger before KO!
            He is not playing the game , but his agent maybe chancing his arm !
            Lets be serious if he signs he wont be scoring 20 goals this season for us , but he'll get 10 and thats about as many as our best striker last year !
            Only hitch that could happen is Clyne gets sold next week and they match our offer , they are trying all they can at CP but he does still want to be an R.
            He scored again in a friendly yesterday !

For a bit of fun just wanted to list a few other Harlow boys !

LUKE YOUNG - Wow if he could become an R ?
            GLEN HODDLE - What a player !
            GARY HART - just signed a new deal at Brighton - another really decent guy ! lived about 50 doors from me !
            And my old school mate is doing a great job as No2 at Norwich
            ex Spurs , ex Norwich played for many years alongside Crook and Bowen at Norwich - yes you got it Ian Culverhouse!(HES A GUNNER)
            We went to a Ars- QPR game together back in 1979 or 1980 season ?
            Cant remember the score but we got hammered 5-0 or 5-1 i think ?
            If anybody knows the correct score let me know as i cant find programme for that game!was a bad night though !
            Cant wait for the QPR-CANARIES game !

Anyway im not going to go on any more about D.A. but i can assure you hes a real decent bloke !

R's finish 5th ! McANUFF , ORR, AMBROSE & HENDERSON BEFORE K.O. PLUS MAYBE SIMPSON ON LOAN ! NO ADEL THOUGH BOO-HOO

I love posts/quotes like this. Even though they make me happy for a few hours at most.

Thanks,Scarlet Pimpernel.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev´s wife View Post
              I love posts/quotes like this. Even though they make me happy for a few hours at most.

Thanks,Scarlet Pimpernel.

Your welcome.....sugar plum....
              They seek him here.................

Comment

• Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                Dont Care anymore
                Well said
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

• Originally posted by PalaceDave View Post
                  I'd like to know who your source is because at the moment it looks like it's the same as qblockpete who was 100% certain news would break within 24-48 hours yesterday morning of Nathan Clyne completing a move to Birmingham City!!!

Also, Darren and the Palace squad are currently away in the South West on a pre-season mini tour and no talks regarding the contract have happened since last week so no he hasn't rejected what was on offer, the opening talks last week were discussing the plans for the club with the new owners and once the players returned this weekend from the South West, Darren is going to be meeting with the chairman to thrash out a new deal, these were Darren's words, not mine.

Also spoke to him last night after our match at Dorchester, where he scored 2 goals, and again very happy and looking forward to the new season and was delighted to be playing under Burley again. Was pleased the with the direction the club were now heading in and thought we had signed some really good played to compliment what we already have with more to follow. That doesn't sound like a guy about to jump ship!

We have known since July 16th contract talks were going to start and it's taken untill today for a newspaper to report it!!!

Well guys, the saga finally comes to end and as you can see from what i posted last week Darren was telling me the whole truth and not just spouting crap to me which a lot of you were saying he would just say it to keep us happy.

Darren is an honest professional who loves his football and in the meantime likes to stay loyal to clubs and as i stated before it was always his intention to remain at Palace and needless to say he was very disappointed and annoyed to hear comments made by Mick Jones and Neil Warnock previously that he was desperate to leave Palace and didn't want to be here which was totally unture, in a way those comments may have gone aginst you whilst trying to sign him.

None the less, the saga is at an end, i bid you farewell untill the next rumour comes up and wish you luck for the season and look forward to welcoming you to Selhurst in october and vice versa when we visit Loftus road in April!

Comment

• You just know that people in the corner will boo Ambrose and call him all sorts of names (Like they did Andy Cole) and he will score the winner and have the last laugh.

Comment

• Sorry I thought you lot had all pharked off
                      Last edited by Magic; 27-07-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

wish you luck for the season and look forward to welcoming you to Selhurst in october and vice versa when we visit Loftus road in April!

Comment

None the less, the saga is at an end, i bid you farewell untill the next rumour comes up and wish you luck for the season and look forward to welcoming you to Selhurst in october and vice versa when we visit Loftus road in April!
                          same to you

Comment

Well guys, the saga finally comes to end and as you can see from what i posted last week Darren was telling me the whole truth and not just spouting crap to me which a lot of you were saying he would just say it to keep us happy.

Darren is an honest professional who loves his football and in the meantime likes to stay loyal to clubs and as i stated before it was always his intention to remain at Palace and needless to say he was very disappointed and annoyed to hear comments made by Mick Jones and Neil Warnock previously that he was desperate to leave Palace and didn't want to be here which was totally unture, in a way those comments may have gone aginst you whilst trying to sign him.

Comment

He got a nice rise in pay out of it though dave,

Comment

• Be a shame if he doesn't perform this season the same as he did last
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X