Is to to much to ask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is to to much to ask?

that we can sign someone decent and known i cant believe 3 years down the line with this investment we have we still refuse to spash a bit of cash bit of a embarresment if you ask me.

all we can do is ask
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Our owners are being very cautious with their money to say the least. I don't think they fully understand the importance of getting in decent players to get us promoted. They think they will be able to do this on the cheap and that won't happen. If for example they did get us up on the cheap one thing for sure is that they will have to spend a fortune if we get there because a cheap squad will never last in the prem. So if they had improved the squad from day one we would be there or there abouts and have some decent players that perhaps would do a turn in the prem. In all honesty if we did get up in May 2011 with our current squad how many would get a game in the prem the following season? I would say probably 2 maybe 3.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

sad thing is that this is the season which the league is LIKELY to be at its weakest. considering who we had in our league last year.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
          sad thing is that this is the season which the league is LIKELY to be at its weakest. considering who we had in our league last year.
          So the smaller risk of us getting relegated then.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
            Our owners are being very cautious with their money to say the least. I don't think they fully understand the importance of getting in decent players to get us promoted. They think they will be able to do this on the cheap and that won't happen. If for example they did get us up on the cheap one thing for sure is that they will have to spend a fortune if we get there because a cheap squad will never last in the prem. So if they had improved the squad from day one we would be there or there abouts and have some decent players that perhaps would do a turn in the prem. In all honesty if we did get up in May 2011 with our current squad how many would get a game in the prem the following season? I would say probably 2 maybe 3.
            Spot on, I have been saying this for months.
            Blackpool managed to get up but will take an absolute tonking every game as the likes of Ian Evitt and brett Omerod simply not good enough.

Comment

unbelievable .... no im sorry i am happy as we are steadly building a TEAM.
              One player at a time. People like Matt Connelley, Akos, Gorkez etc

We would not have players like the above, with grit and detmination if all we did was to buy one big name after another.

Routledge, big name more attiditude than life, only played when he wanted to.
              One Size he was the same no conisidence in my eyes that team harmoney got alot better after he went to newcastle.

Lets be honest we all know, you need one team of 11 player to get out of League 1 and another to stay in the premier League.

So the statement only 3 player would get in a premier league side is irelivent.

Comment

It is true that a TEAM will get you out of this or any division and go further than a group of individuals. (World Cup, anyone?)

Having said that, we are still lacking quality in key areas at the moment.

Comment

Think how we would do in the premiership is so far off the radar at the moment as not even worth worrying about. The club flirted badly with relegation into the third tier last season and as things stand - confirmed in the poll on this site - we are now considerably weaker. Unless some really good players arrive - not bothered about them being "names" necessarily - I will be keeping a closer eye on the bottom end of the table this year. The worry for me is that while the top clubs in this division are stronger I can't see so many obviously weak/ relegation type clubs.

Comment

Just my opinion.

Warnock said he wants to build his own team.He has started with a solid keeper - two no nonsense players in Derry and Hill, a possible good signing with Mackie and er Clarke.

He also stated he wanted to get most of his players in before they got back for pre season training...which is slightly worrying.

Also worrying is big wage earners Pat, Fitz hall Vine and Helgueson are still at club.

I feel sorry for Rowan,as untill injured would have been a good squad player for us.

I/m worried that we are going to be stuck with these 4 and this could hamper or chances of bringing "decent" squad players.

Some CCC clubs have started making their moves and players are starting to switch clubs.

At present, the team/squad we have....I'm sure will not be involved in a relegation fight,but also sure, they are not well equiped to mount a serious title/play off push.

Without wanting to state the b..... obvious, I feel the next 2-3 weeks are going to shape our season

Comment

Working...
                    X