• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR dealt £2.5m Jobi McAnuff blow

Rangers deterred by Reading's valuation of star striker

More...

F that, he aint that good.

Comment

He's supposed to be a prima donna anyway. Macanuff said!

Comment

they clearly dont want to sell. fair enough. he is simply a middle to good championship player. a few on here got excited simply because he was an outfield player we were linked with who wasn't crap. but is he any better than tommy smith, say? Of my admittedly v limited experience watching him I don't think I've ever come away thinking "god, now there's a talent..."

Comment

Stain, I'd say he's a far better winger than Smith. He's Wayne Routledge with a brain. Maybe a few less tricks in his locker but bags of pace and a much better ball into the box. £2.5m might seem a lot, but he'd be worth it IMO.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            Stain, I'd say he's a far better winger than Smith. He's Wayne Routledge with a brain. Maybe a few less tricks in his locker but bags of pace and a much better ball into the box. £2.5m might seem a lot, but he'd be worth it IMO.
            I would actually prefer Smith to play in what is looking like a front 3. Although he doesn't have the raw pace of Macanuff, he is a very clever player who will get into the box more and score more goals.
            RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
              I would actually prefer Smith to play in what is looking like a front 3. Although he doesn't have the raw pace of Macanuff, he is a very clever player who will get into the box more and score more goals.
              Agreed, but my arguement was based on them as wingers. Smith is more of a striker and not that effective when used on the flank. At least with McAnuff in the side, we can have a different dimension to our team.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                Agreed, but my arguement was based on them as wingers. Smith is more of a striker and not that effective when used on the flank. At least with McAnuff in the side, we can have a different dimension to our team.
                I agree it will be great to have various options to our play but if we only have Clarke up front we will need all 3 forwards capable of scoring goals. maybe NW is looking to get in fast young full backs to provide width, we will have to wait and see. But what is for sure is he has many irons in the fire and who becomes available at what he thinks is a reasonable price will probably determine our final shape.

Comment

McAnuff £2.5m? Is he worth more than Routledge?

Comment

No we're just mugs. Not worth that cash

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
                      No we're just mugs. Not worth that cash
                      The fakes are trying to take us for mugs but NW won't play their games, same as Palace with Ambrose. He only pays what he thinks is a realistic price, and that is OK by me.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                        McAnuff £2.5m? Is he worth more than Routledge?
                        Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Agree £2.5m is a hell of a lot for a not particular well known championship player. problem is the price is going to go up whoever we are after purely because of our owner.

Comment

In this day and age 2.5m for a CCC player who hasn't really cut the mustard is a lot of money. However it is still early and every club will hold out as long as they can to get the highest price for their better players. Watch come early to late August
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Buy him.
                              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
                              X