Harrow Boro Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrow Boro Friendly

If of interest.... just checked and the last pre-season friendly against Harrow Boro (2 August, 7.30, at theirs) is all cash turnstile. £10 adults, £5 yer kids and OAPs

Decent bars there. Few OK pubs in vicinity.

il be there, legendary ground

Comment

sounds like a shocking game, anyway I know it will be hot but take your jumpers for goal posts. Some on here need to get a hobbie as our pre season fixtures are dire, fact
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

See you there. I am thinking there will be a much better turnout than anyone might anticipate for this. Especially if the weather plays its part. I'm told the local Weatherspoons is running a minibus for the old boys who are all rangers but can't do HQ games coz of the money and the stairs. So they're all dead excited about this. Awww. Bless - Like a load of kiddies off to their first game they are.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
          If of interest.... just checked and the last pre-season friendly against Harrow Boro (2 August, 7.30, at theirs) is all cash turnstile. £10 adults, £5 yer kids and OAPs

Decent bars there. Few OK pubs in vicinity.
          no need for any pubs in the area, the clubhouse is ship hot.
          tho saying that there aint any good pubs near it, so its lucky the clubhouse is good.

Comment

GTP - true enough. The Star (nee Constellation) outside Sth Harrow is OK but a hike (or bus) away from the ground. Bout 15 minute walk or so. The Horseshoe bar (I think its called) a little further down toward ground is alright. Couple of other shop front bars on way I think. Or stop and have a ruby with your beer and you have limitless options!!

Going back other way there is a working mans club thing if you are an affiliated member or the Half Moon. But at either you are defo in bus territory unless you like walking. A lot.

I have discussed local pubs on here with Vanhoop on here before and I think he would know best as on that side of harrow (I think?). Any comments young hoopa?

Ground may be best option.

Comment

that curry pub that used to be bogarts is alright for a beer on the traffic lights. but i would rather get to the ground early and get a plot in the clubhouse and get right on it in there.

Comment

Sounds a reasonable plan.

Comment

The surrounding area of Harrow borough is starting to resemble Somalia and there is nothing worth going in (horsheshoe was closed i think) apart from the Eastcote arms which is within walking distance. Judging by the queue last time, the best option would be to get their early and give them more money over the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                    that curry pub that used to be bogarts is alright for a beer on the traffic lights. but i would rather get to the ground early and get a plot in the clubhouse and get right on it in there.
                    That was burnt down ?

Comment

Not wrong. Sth Harrow probably makes Mogadishu look nice.

Comment

This is one game I want to be at.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          That was burnt down ?
                          oh yeah, sorry i forgot. ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Yes - I know the one you mean. Remember Bogarts well!!

An odd phenomenon has overtaken the big pubs in that neck of the woods, They are taken over to be run as curry houses aimed at the asian community, fail miserably to get punters and mysteriously burn down overnight.

Didn't that big one up the road in Northolt suffer the same fate. Where's Mulder and Scully when you need them

Comment

and the clay pidgeon in south ruislip eastcote is now a curry house pub as well. (venue 5)

Comment

Working...
                              X