Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expectations of the new season.. what are yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations of the new season.. what are yours?

What are your expectations (not wishes or hopes) for the following:

Final position?

Improvements on Last season?

Style of play?
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

It's still very early to say as we haven't finished in the transfer martket, but as things stand, I'd say between 5th and 8th. If we manage to secure the services of Taarabt, McAnuff and at least one goal scoring striker, I truely feel playoffs at the very least.

Knocking Boro and Forest off the automatics will be tough to say the least, but not impossible.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Final position?
      for me id be happy with 10th and above. belong as we arent in bottom half for most of the season. would like some consistency.

Improvements on Last season?
      Fitness, Hunger, Passion.. we got a glimmer towards the end last season.. but this season i expect it throughout.. too many players unfit/overweight last year.. and not giving tom tit about the fans.

Style of play?
      Not expecting passing football with warnock however i would like to see us as we was against palace last year. simple things, get the ball to the playmaker and try and be clinical infront of goal
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I expect we will be difficult to beat but will draw more than we win, I expect we will see graft more than flair and that by January we will all agree Clint Hill is the weakness as all goals coming down the right wing. I expect threads on here asking whatever happened to Clarke with random sightings of him in bars in the balearics from time to time. I think we'll have a run at some point and get our hopes up and then another which leads to mid table. I think there will will be lots of rows about whether Warnock did well enough to stay and lots of surprise when he retires at the end of the season.

Comment

The football will be far from pretty at times.

We will be difficult to beat and concede less.

If we sign Taarabt and Beattie as rumoured then a Top 6 finish should be easily achievable, if not then we are looking at between 7-10th.

Comment

for the money it has cost, and all of the talk from the manager and board wanting promotion, Id expect nothing less than playoffs. However, with the current squad, i cant see much more than mid table, maybe higher end of it. Sounds like they are planning more players though, so assuming they keep to their words, it has to be playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              The football will be far from pretty at times.

We will be difficult to beat and concede less.

If we sign Taarabt and Beattie as rumoured then a Top 6 finish should be easily achievable, if not then we are looking at between 7-10th.
              Not likely from what I'm hearing, I'm afraid mate.

Still...Henderson could be back on.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Henderson would still be a good signing in my eyes.

With 2 strikers, Taarabt and McAnnuff I would expect 8th or above. At the moment expecting mid table.

Comment

Based on the football we played last season under NW it will focus around Faurlin and either Buz or Rowlands with Derry protecting the back 4. I see mackie as an improvement on Hogan and Clarke as an improvement on Dave/Priskin but we still need some quality up front. NW will play to our strengths and I expect him to have different styles for home and away matches. Depending on who we add, I expect top half to play offs.
                  RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

As it stands somewhere between 10-14th, if we sign taarabt + striker a decent one maybe top 6.

Comment

Do not expect much, not excited about the season - therefore will not be disappointed by our mid table finish again!
                      Don't Get Mad get Even!

Comment

For the first time in years I'll take each game as it comes however I feel it will be our best season yet because our team now should have the whole season and should fight till the very end, this will make up quite a few points.

As we stand right now we need strikers and it does deppend on who we can bring in.

Top 10 at the very least.

Comment

if we get bradley orr and sign taraabt and truly decent striker than the play offs will be a stone cold certainty.
                          if we get the above and ambrose or another class hard working goal scoring mildfielder of that ilk, then top two should be very realistic.
                          i dont rate anyone much in this league, so it really shouldnt be that hard to get top two if we get the players we all know we need.

Comment

We will finish 2nd behind Baaaaardiff. We all know from previous seasons that there aren't any stand out teams in the championship (apart from Newcastle last year - but we did ok against them) On their day anyone can beat anyone top or bottom , but this season under Warnock we will not loose so much - win 70% and draw 25% of home games, added to 30 points away from home and there you have it!
                            22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

I think we will finish bottom half of the table around 14th.

Comment

Working...
                              X