• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock raves over Rowlands

Good and lets hope he finds his form.

Thu, 08 Jul 11:10:46 2010
    Buzz Up!

QPR boss Neil Warnock has hailed the progress of Martin Rowlands as he continues to put the players through their paces in pre-season training.

The club captain has been out since suffering cruciate ligament damage on international duty with the Republic of Ireland in October and Warnock is delighted to see him back on the pitch.

"I've been really pleased with Martin," Warnock told the club's official website. "He's done all the fitness stuff with us and he's looking sharp.

"I've tried to sign Martin a few times during my managerial career and he's a player I've got a lot of time for. He's always busting a gut and I'm delighted to be working with him."

On the rest of his squad, Warnock added: "The lads have come back in great condition. They've kept themselves in good knick, as they tend to do these days.

"One or two of the lads that had injuries last season are a bit behind but that's to be expected at this time of the season."

"I've tried to sign Martin a few times during my managerial career and he's a player I've got a lot of time for.

Interesting comments on his views of Martin
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

we need these kind of players, but a little worried we have too many, and not enough "quality". Rowlands, Derry, Hill, Mahon, Ramage, all players of this kind who will get stuck in and help lead the team, but hope we can add more talent to this bunch to take us forward. its a good base to start from

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
        we need these kind of players, but a little worried we have too many, and not enough "quality". Rowlands, Derry, Hill, Mahon, Ramage, all players of this kind who will get stuck in and help lead the team, but hope we can add more talent to this bunch to take us forward. its a good base to start from
        Yes but if you look at it on the whole NW is building a very experienced side, not just in age but in a leading side that has tons of experience which we was lacking last season.

It would not surprise me if a couple more are added.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
          Yes but if you look at it on the whole NW is building a very experienced side, not just in age but in a leading side that has tons of experience which we was lacking last season.

It would not surprise me if a couple more are added.
          I agree and I think he will get the best out of the players, which previous managers have failed to do but as certain players cant balance a ball on their nose like a seal, it wont be good enough for some.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
            I agree and I think he will get the best out of the players, which previous managers have failed to do but as certain players cant balance a ball on their nose like a seal, it wont be good enough for some.
            i agree completely with these comments, we will definately see an improvement on last years performances. Warnock is good at getting the best out of the players, but i just think theres only so much he can do with certain people such as ramage who simply dont have the quality. I think we have a great base, but i feel there needs to be a mix otherwise there will be no creativity and no goals. I would be delighted if we managed to sign Adel, Jobi, and 2 good strikers as the qualities that Derry, Rowlands etc will be much more effective

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
              i agree completely with these comments, we will definately see an improvement on last years performances. Warnock is good at getting the best out of the players, but i just think theres only so much he can do with certain people such as ramage who simply dont have the quality. I think we have a great base, but i feel there needs to be a mix otherwise there will be no creativity and no goals. I would be delighted if we managed to sign Adel, Jobi, and 2 good strikers as the qualities that Derry, Rowlands etc will be much more effective
              I for one don't expect to be driving home from places like Doncaster, Nottingham and Suffolk moaning that they lacked heart and bottle - not necessarily with the points in the bag but at least feeling like there's no hope of getting something from the next trip!
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I would love to se NW play a 4-3-3 next season with derry, faurlin and rowlands in the middle. That's a tough center to a team!

Comment

So...Does this make NW a 'Rowlands nut hugger' like me?

Classic.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Rowlands is such a good player, good to see Warnock likes him
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Benny to answer your question, yes, yes it does.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                        So...Does this make NW a 'Rowlands nut hugger' like me?

Classic.
                        Lol
                        I am pleased though that NW rates Rowlands, one of my fav players due to heart and desire, and a bit of quality when needed.

Comment

I like all this experience talk etc but remember what happened last season, a load of chances were made but we didn't have a finisher so many went amiss, we definitely need a good striker what ever he says, we have time though, i just hope he's keeping an eye on it.
                          Queens Park Rangers
                          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Firstly, Rowlands. Really pleased Warnock has faith in him and I really hope he can reproduce his form and become an integral part of our team. On the downside, I fear for his fitness and hope his "all action commitment" doesn't lead to another long term injury.

Regarding older players: One pre-season at Sheff Utd Warnock signed - Craig Short, Lilian Nalis, Neil Shipperley, David Unsworth and Keith Gillespie. All over 30.

We so far have Kenny, Derry and Hill. Good or bad thing, I'm not sure but expect more of the same. Just lowering or raising your expectation accordingly.

Comment

rowlands may not be risked early pre-season
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X