Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambrose Saga finally at an end!

Exclusive: Ambrose pledges his future to Crystal Palace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DARREN Ambrose is on the verge of committing his long-term future to Crystal Palace.

The 26-year-old has been at the centre of an on-off transfer to Queens Park Rangers for much of the summer.

The Eagles top scorer from last season had all but agreed on a move to Neil Warnock's Hoops, even passing a medical at Loftus Road, before CPFC 2010 pulled a plug on the switch.

The midfielder was deeply unsettled by the situation and with only one year left on his current Palace deal, his future at Selhurst Park had been uncertain.

But Ambrose has now told Palace boss George Burley that he wants to remain at Crystal Palace and will open talks with the manager about signing a new long term contract this week.

"We've had some good news from Darren," Burley told the Advertiser. "He's told me that he wants to stay and we are going to begin talks about getting him signed up on a new long-term contract."

*For the full story and all the latest Palace news see Friday's Croydon Advertiser

Bringing you the latest news, sport and events updates from around Croydon. Including opinion, live blogs, pictures and video from the Croydon Advertiser team.

Well after 2 months of speculation we can finally put this one to bed! AMBROSE IS AN EAGLE!!!

Thank god for that.

I think we all stopped careing about this a month ago...

Were in for bigger and better player than him imo.
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Ambrose is also not very ambitious. Must enjoy a relegation scrap.
      http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by PalaceDave View Post
        Exclusive: Ambrose pledges his future to Crystal Palace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DARREN Ambrose is on the verge of committing his long-term future to Crystal Palace.

The 26-year-old has been at the centre of an on-off transfer to Queens Park Rangers for much of the summer.

The Eagles top scorer from last season had all but agreed on a move to Neil Warnock's Hoops, even passing a medical at Loftus Road, before CPFC 2010 pulled a plug on the switch.

The midfielder was deeply unsettled by the situation and with only one year left on his current Palace deal, his future at Selhurst Park had been uncertain.

But Ambrose has now told Palace boss George Burley that he wants to remain at Crystal Palace and will open talks with the manager about signing a new long term contract this week.

"We've had some good news from Darren," Burley told the Advertiser. "He's told me that he wants to stay and we are going to begin talks about getting him signed up on a new long-term contract."

*For the full story and all the latest Palace news see Friday's Croydon Advertiser

Bringing you the latest news, sport and events updates from around Croydon. Including opinion, live blogs, pictures and video from the Croydon Advertiser team.

Well after 2 months of speculation we can finally put this one to bed! AMBROSE IS AN EAGLE!!!
        Great news, does this mean you lot will **** off back to your own boards

Comment

Darren who?? Thank goodnes for that, overrated in my opinion plus don't want anyone who goes back on their word.Best off with Palace and when they get relegated he can think over what might have been.

Comment

Isn't it funny now that because he isn't joining you all the words come out like thank god over rated anyway, in for better players etc yet when it looked like he was joing you were all singing his praises at what a great signing he would be!

Makes Warnock look a bit of an idiot too doesn't it by saying Darren is deeply upset at not being able to join, im sure if he was that upset Colin he wouldnt be signing a new contract!!!

Also the poster saying about Darren lacking ambition, what gives you that idea? What makes you think QPR will be any better than Palace next season? I think you guys still forget bar our -10 points last season we would have finished above you yet again!!!

Comment

Boring!

Comment

dont give a toss
                one season wonder and a lot of us said so even when it looked like he was joining us...

Comment

Haven't forgotten that - nor the spanking we gave you in your own back yard.

We'll improve our squad since that stroll in the park - doubt your used car dealer owners can afford to.

Anyone who "really wants to stay at Palace" lacks ambition big time in my book.

Shame really - would have been a useful bench warmer.

Comment

Isn't it funny now that because he isn't joining you all the words come out like thank god over rated anyway, in for better players etc yet when it looked like he was joing you were all singing his praises at what a great signing he would be!

Makes Warnock look a bit of an idiot too doesn't it by saying Darren is deeply upset at not being able to join, im sure if he was that upset Colin he wouldnt be signing a new contract!!!

Also the poster saying about Darren lacking ambition, what gives you that idea? What makes you think QPR will be any better than Palace next season? I think you guys still forget bar our -10 points last season we would have finished above you yet again!!!
                    I think he is a good player.. But im not gutted we arnt getting him.

Seriously im over it, as ive said were in for players as good as or better than ambrose, now go away back onto a palace board.
                    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

He was a one season wonder, he won't be that good next year.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        dont give a toss
                        one season wonder and a lot of us said so even when it looked like he was joining us...
                        Don't bother trying to give valid points to this clown, nothing between his ears..

Comment

he won't be that good next year.
                          but you're forgetting he'll need by guided by that highly successful scottish whisky swigger Burley!

Comment

That would by my comment, and yes, i still think he is over rated.A good CCC player and had we signed him,is better than some of the midfield donkeys we have.However, in the games I have seen with palace, goes missing , but his goals tend to get him out of jail.

If I'm being honest, none of the names i have seen banded about really impress me that much.However, having watched a World Cup which has shown that individuals appear to have gone missing this year and team units seem to have triumphed, Im waiting to see what Warnock can gel together.
                            Plus - he sounds like a guy that can be swayed by a packet of peanuts.

Comment

palace dave your missing the point

firstly our comments were made in jest of the divs like you on a "QPR" message board

and you only finished where you did because you are shyte do you think if you asked 100 championship supporters who they would prefer as there manager warnock or burley that they would say burley?!

just member you have a player who wanted to leave when **** hit the fan and now things are looking slighty rosy at your club hes stayed on board??
                              tbh if qpr dont finish above palace it will be a shock and the same will go for every club in the ccc your be at the bottom of the pecking order and your most likely end up going down

go back to your message board now ambrose saga over

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Working...
                              X