Ambrose Saga finally at an end!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
    , I just think Palace are not as financially stable as he thinks and that the squad they have now will not be the same squad they will have in January and Speroni and Clyne will be gone and they will be in trouble.
    This is the part which I don't get at all about you. You don't have any basis at all for this thought, in fact there is complete evidence to the contrary.

Comment

• Boringgggggggggggg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
        Boringgggggggggggg
        What is? You posting the same trolling post multiple times in the hope of getting a reaction?

Or myself responding factually and appropriately to naive posts?

Comment

• Originally posted by jams1234 View Post
          Is this despite Speroni, Jules and Clyne all having already committed their immediate futures to Palace, and no need for us to sell?
          My take on the Speroni issue is this:

Beyond doubt, he is the best keeper in this division. End of.
          Warnock knows him and Warnock has a tendency for signing who he knows.
          Warnock was linked to him.
          Warnock suddenly goes cool and decides to sign Kenny. (a) he knows him (b) he is cheaper and how about (c)? Speroni says "You know what, no disrespect but I've got a chance to play at a higher level and at my age, I think I should" and Neil says, "Fair enough, I understand, all the best mate, you deserve it. Don't worry, I've got Kenny lined up. I know he'll definitely come and it's a lot less complicated."

The fact that Burley has been in for Richard Wright suggest to me that he knows Speroni is going. Why would Wright go from being a Number 2 Goalie to... Being a Number 2 Goalie? It doesn't stack up because by now, he must be desperate for first team football and knows he can get that elsewhere.

As for Clyne? After last season, his star has risen. He is now on other people's radar. No definite info on it but only a matter of time. Imo.

Comment

• 'Burley has been in for Richard Wright'. No, he has not. That rumour is false, as confirmed by Burley.

'No definite info' on Clyne. No, that is not true. That is false, as confirmed by Burley.

Clyne: TEEN star Nathaniel Clyne has been told he will not be leaving Crystal Palace for at least another 12 months.
            Eagles boss George Burley has ended speculation over the future of the England U19 international - who is a target for Birmingham - by saying there is no way he will be allowed to leave Selhurst Park.
            “There is no doubt that when any Premier League club is interested it’s a wee bit distracting for the boy but he’s focused that he’ll be with us next season,” said Burley.
            “I’ve had a chat with the boy and he knows where I’m coming from. He needs at least another season - and hopefully longer - before he even thinks about going to a Premier League team. We want to keep him.”
            Don't miss tomorrow's South London Press for the full story.

Jules: GEORGE Burley insists Palace fans favourite Julian Speroni is going nowhere.

The Eagles have been linked with a move for former Ipswich, Arsenal and Everton stopper Richard Wright but Burley has firmly ruled that out.

He insists that Speroni will be his number one next season and that he is only looking for a keeper to come in as the Argentinian's understudy.

"I haven't spoken to Richard," said Burley. "We're only looking for a number two and I don't think he would be interested in coming as number two.

"Julian Speroni is very much a Crystal Palace player. I know there has been speculation about a possible transfer but I haven't heard anything."

Bringing you the latest news, sport and events updates from around Croydon. Including opinion, live blogs, pictures and video from the Croydon Advertiser team.

So sorry mate, but I have to dispell this myth that seems to be on here. And why do you think that we are not as financially stable as we think, as you said in a post I earlier quoted?

Comment

Whilst your argument is just a complete pathetic excuse for one, at least get your facts right. St. John's Ambulance's debt has been paid off by Palace fans.
              No excuse for an argument there; the fact that you've got away scot free riles me. OK, on the St John's Ambulance stuff, great and I mean this genuinely - well done Palace fans.

BUT what about all the other small business around you that have been short changed in the current economic climate? Yes, I don't know the details of each and every one, but many companies must have suffered and I'd be surprised if some of them weren't diddled out of your money last time you came out of Administration.

IMO, Palace (and Portsmouth for that matter) should be forced to sell of their players to pay back more of their debt. How can it be right that, should they choose to now, they could bank £750k from selling Ambrose whilst claiming that they can't pay off their bills?

OK, so the rules allow it, but like the MPs with their expenses, it doesn't make it right.

Anyway, thanks for answering jams!

Comment

• What I like about Clyne is he get's owned by Agyemang every time he has played against him.

I agree as above Speroni will be gone.

Additionally, signing a defender from a team relegated to league two sounds like the ideal player you'd want to be challenging in the championship.

Paddy Mcarthy is one of the worst centre backs in this division.

Alan Lee and Calvin Andrew are worse than all our strikers, all of whom are **** poor.

Someone listed Scannell and N'Diaye as your starting 11 players. They didn't get a look in last season and were on the bench. Seems to me as if your teams gone down hill and if thats the case, if you went anymore down hill from where you finished last season, you will be relegated.

I also heard that Burley is bringing in new backroom staff. Rumour has it that Father Jack McGuire and Rab C Nesbit are coming in as first team and under 18 coaches as Burley has promised scotch in the lucozade bottles.

P.S. If your not interested in what we have to say why come on to a QPR message board for QPR fans and regurgitate the same old chuff day after day. Are you waiting for us to say yeah ur like Jeff Stelling, this guy really knows his stuff as from where I'm sitting you seem to be utterly deluded.
                Last edited by Ads1985; 08-07-2010, 10:04 PM.
                15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

• How am I utterly deluded mate?

Will respond to other points soon.

Comment

So sorry mate, but I have to dispell this myth that seems to be on here. And why do you think that we are not as financially stable as we think, as you said in a post I earlier quoted?
                    First,thanks for the response to that. But, that was an interview with The South London Press and local papers tend to have a bias but either way, it ticked all the boxes that fans want to hear so fair play to them.

I used to work for regional newspapers, I know how it works. Written similar things myself when the Editor has said "Appease the fans, toe the Official Club Line and produce the spin." Now I've admitted that, The Gills fans will send me to hell but ho-hum. I earned every penny trying to deny the turmoil they were in.

As for finances? Pretty sure some on here can argue a better case than me but, as you asked, here goes...

If your takeover consortium is so flush why are they selling off your grafters (6, is it?) to get them off the wage bill to finance the wages and make improved offers to your super stars? Without the grafters on the payroll, your team doesn't work. If you have money to burn, as you think, why are you signing cheap guys from Scotland and Southend to replace the guys you've offloaded and not established championship players?

Not dissing. Just asking as it doesn't make sense to me or fans of us or other clubs and I would welcome a measured response to that.

Comment

• 1) The paper can't change the quotes Burley has offered. He has said all three will be staying, and I believe this.

2) I have never said we have money to burn. I have just said that we are financially stable. Debt free, and ran by diligent and proper owners.

3) These 'grafters' have left because they chose to leave at a time when there was doubt we would exist next season, or if they would he wanted. Fair play to them; they needed security.

4) Because being silly in the transfer Market is what led us to the brink. We were actually a well run club, it was almost entirely down to our downfalls in the transfer Market Which led us to where we were. The new owners have stated that there is money available, but that it will only be used on players that are worth it. In this market, with us requiring 6 or 7 new signings, we can't afford to pay fees for 6 or 7 'established Championship players'. And by all means, Darren Ambrose, signing of the season last season came on a free. Dorman, the lad from Scotland was linked with the Old Firm for £1m last year, and is seen as a better prospect that Charlie Adam at Blackpool by St. Mirren. David Wright was seen by many Ipswich fans as 'one of the best full-backs in the division', and is a great signing on a free.

If I were you, I would be far more concerned with your own squad and transfer policy. I, for one, am just relieved I still have a club to support next season, and happy we finally have owners at the helm who not only love the club, but are also diligent businessmen and understand the need to run football like a business.

Soon, many football clubs will collapse. It will start with a few lower league, perhaps Southend, Pompey, and those of similar ilk and there are already up to 6 Championship clubs on the brink of admin. Then, the bigger ones at the top(Unites, Barca) will, despite the best attempts of certain footballing bodies, will feel the effect. The great thing is though, Palace won't.

Comment

• you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

• lets be honest, Ambrose would have been a good addition
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

• Thanks for that assessment Jams.

Comment

1) we finally have owners at the helm who not only love the club, but are also diligent businessmen and understand the need to run football like a business.
                              Simon Jordan was all that in Palace fans eyes.

Ah, yeah, and so was the Legend Saint Mark Goldberg.

Deja Vu???

Comment

• Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                                lets be honest, Ambrose would have been a good addition
                                Yes he would,but dont rule it out just yet

Comment

Working...
                                X