No announcement yet.

Ambrose Saga finally at an end!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will concede that their line up is a bit better than I initially thought. But do feel that if they get any injuries they are in trouble.

Also, despite their optimism can't see all their stars being there by the end of the season. Unfortunately for them some of those players are now out there on the radar after last season and think the vultures will circle and swoop. Also, don't think they can turn down money for players despite their "We are financially sound" mantra. Think they could be in trouble.

Comment

Who has the biggest willy - blah, blah. Lets just wait till the start of the season. Seems to me both teams have half a good team and also some v weak areas (Palace are, arguably, even wose up front than us, and that's saying something). Palace I v much doubt has the means to improve that much (all new owners talk the talk but we await any evidence of intent/ funds). The question for QPR is whether it has the will to improve significantly. But we will find out over the next month so lets just reconvene then. Meanwhile lets have a bit less of the willy wagling, particularly from Palace fans who are, afterall, on a QPR forum.

Comment

id take Speroni and Clyne but you can keep the rest of your donkeys...

Comment

Who the **** is 'Wright' genuinely? Oh and Dorman for that matter?

Their strikeforce makes ours look positively prolific

Comment

I honestly honestly honestly couldn't give a flying f**k about Ambrose. A player either wants to come or they don't. He's messed us about for so long he clearly didn't want to come, so I don't want him. We've got enough players in hoops just there for the paycheck already.

Now, Jams, you in particular have posted some sensible stuff on this board, the banter has been mostly good natured and fun to read, but this thread was clearly designed to gloat and wind us up, so as far as I'm concerned you've outstayed your welcome.

Comment

I agree,and the same MAY apply to Taarabt,really get the impression he would much prefer to get abroad.

Comment

Jams take your /BIG SNIP/
                Last edited by Kirill; 08-07-2010, 09:37 PM. Reason: warned

Comment

Originally posted by PalaceDave View Post
                  Why do you think we still havent got any money?

We are now debt free and will be run on a sound financial footing. Yes were probably not as rich as what your owners are but there is money available for both the transfer and wage budget so don't know why you still think we have to sell to survive because we don't!
                  Debt free through cheating your backside off for the last few seasons. An absolute disgrace of a football club who have not been adequately punished by the 'authorities'. Salisbury get demoted TWO DIVISIONS for doing the same thing you have and yet you still are around like a filthy smell - the red and blue poo stink and always have done.

I just hope that the St. John's Ambulance and all those local businesses tell you where to stick your CVA. This is the SECOND time you've screwed everyone over with 10-20p in the £££ and STILL you trade - disgraceful.

You have nothing to say on this do you though, Dave? I'm sure you're answer will be a weak 'we've done nothing wrong', but it sickens me that clubs are continually allowed to do this.

Yes, I am under no illusions that we could still go the same way if our owners get fed up and walk out, but at you have done it consistently since your last Admin.

Just a ****my club from a ****my area...:yush:

Comment

[QUOTE=iheartwegerle;394709]I honestly honestly honestly couldn't give a flying f**k about Ambrose. A player either wants to come or they don't. He's messed us about for so long he clearly didn't want to come, so I don't want him. We've got enough players in hoops just there for the paycheck already.[QUOTE]

Couldn't agree me. Boring subject now. For me a fit and motivated Buzsaky p*sses all over Ambrose.

Comment

Originally posted by PalaceDave View Post
                      Isn't it funny now that because he isn't joining you all the words come out like thank god over rated anyway, in for better players etc yet when it looked like he was joing you were all singing his praises at what a great signing he would be!

Makes Warnock look a bit of an idiot too doesn't it by saying Darren is deeply upset at not being able to join, im sure if he was that upset Colin he wouldnt be signing a new contract!!!

Also the poster saying about Darren lacking ambition, what gives you that idea? What makes you think QPR will be any better than Palace next season? I think you guys still forget bar our -10 points last season we would have finished above you yet again!!!
                      DAVE DAVE DAVE - You're missing the point here. Yes I agree he would have been a great signing for £750k and not a penny more. Lets face it in the crazy football world we now live in you can't buy anything that decent for £750k these days unless you unearth a lower division gem. That is what people on here mean. It's not a jealous response because someone has taken away the candy or a knee jerk response. Thank God is simply a figure of speech as in lets move on.

One thing I do find funny though is the bit of your post I've made BOLD. How many players have you lost and look what have you brought in? I didn't really want to see Palace go out of business as its bad for the game but be real fella you're not in that safe a waters. You don't really have a large influx of money coming in, YOU WILL lose some of your other decent players who will be replaced by kids you'll try and bring through and I bet if you do bring money in from selling players it all won't be re-invested into players. Hell lets be serious you haven't even re-employed all the ruddy staff you made redundant a few weeks ago so lets not argue about ambition. You'll be robbing Peter to pay Paul over the coming months. If we offered more money for Ambrose you'd bit our hands off. You've played the game trying to induce a bidding war and it’s backfired. Let’s see how long you keep playing that card for. The only thing you have going for you is your loyal supporters based and that tide can turn very easily if your board does something wrong.

We now have stability off the field. Hopefully the boardroom saga's have ceased at Loftus Road and with Warnock pulling the strings you'll see we'll be a different side. You referenced your 10point deduction you'd of finished about us, true, But I can also say if your mum was a man she could have been your dad. IF is a big word. IF never occurred last season did it? So I'll leave you with a few if's...

If you make 15th spot or about then you've had a fantastic season.

If you don't start signing some decent proven players you'll be in trouble by xmas.

If you don't get real and face up to facts then Selhurst Park won't be a happy place to watch football this season.

What people can all see is you are still up poo street! Good luck for the season in all honestly but lets not be mugs fella like most of the British population who thought England would win the World Cup. Palace are in trouble, BIG TROUBLE.
                      Last edited by Dazzer1977; 08-07-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                        DAVE DAVE DAVE - You're missing the point here. Yes I agree he would have been a great signing for £750k and not a penny more. Lets face it in the crazy football world we now live in you can't buy anything that decent for £750k these days unless you unearth a lower division gem. That is what people on here mean. It's not a jealous response because someone has taken away the candy or a knee jerk response. Thank God is simply a figure of speech as in lets move on.

One thing I do find funny though is the bit of your post I've made BOLD. How many players have you lost and look what have you brought in? I didn't really want to see Palace go out of business as its bad for the game but be real fella you're not in that safe a waters. You don't really have a large influx of money coming in, YOU WILL lose some of your other decent players who will be replaced by kids you'll try and bring through and I bet if you do bring money in from selling players it all won't be re-invested into players. Hell let be serious you haven't even re-employed all the ruddy staff you made redundant a few weeks ago so lets not argue about ambition. You'll be robbing Peter to pay Paul over the coming months. If we offered more money for Ambrose you'd bit our hands off. You've played the game trying to get induce a bidding war and it’s backfired. Let’s see how long you keep playing that card for. The only thing you have going for you is your loyal supporters based and that tide can turn very easily if your board does something wrong.

We now have stability off the field. Hopefully the boardroom saga's have ceased at Loftus Road and with Warnock pulling the strings you'll see we'll be a different side. You referenced your 10point deduction you'd of finished about us, true, But I can also say if your mum was a man she could have been your dad. IF is a big word. IF never occurred last season did it? So I'll leave you with a few if's...

If you don't start signing some decent proven players you'll be in trouble by xmas.

If you don't get real and face up to facts then Selhurst Park won't be a happy place to watch football this season.

What people can all see is you are still up poo street! Good luck for the season in all honestly but lets not be mugs fella like most of the British population who thought England would win the World Cup. Palace are in trouble, BIG TROUBLE.
                        Great post, says just how it is. Take a bow my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                          Great post, says just how it is. Take a bow my son.
                          Thanks fella. It's all so clear to see, but hey we as supporters all become blinded at some point. Some unfortunately become blinder than others. I'm sitting here waiting with great anticipation to read what Dave has to say.
                          Last edited by Dazzer1977; 08-07-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post

One thing I do find funny though is the bit of your post I've made BOLD. How many players have you lost and look what have you brought in? I didn't really want to see Palace go out of business as its bad for the game but be real fella you're not in that safe a waters. You don't really have a large influx of money coming in, YOU WILL lose some of your other decent players who will be replaced by kids you'll try and bring through and I bet if you do bring money in from selling players it all won't be re-invested into players. Hell lets be serious you haven't even re-employed all the ruddy staff you made redundant a few weeks ago so lets not argue about ambition. You'll be robbing Peter to pay Paul over the coming months. If we offered more money for Ambrose you'd bit our hands off. You've played the game trying to induce a bidding war and it’s backfired. Let’s see how long you keep playing that card for. The only thing you have going for you is your loyal supporters based and that tide can turn very easily if your board does something wrong.

Top post! The most sense of this thread

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                              He was a one season wonder, he won't be that good next year.
                              That's how I feel. Who cares about him now?
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

i said on one thread that it if he signed i bet he will have only scored 4 goals by christmas and everybody will be moaning saying hes not as good as they thought and wishing we never signed him in the first place! Not saying hes not going to have a good season just he wont be as good as last!

Comment

Working...
                                X