No announcement yet.

Ambrose Saga finally at an end!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=jams1234;394442]We haven't sold Ertl, Hill and Derry at all. They left since they weren't sure they would have a club to play for next season had they stalled, moreso if a new man came in and didn't want them. Fair play to them, they leave with our best wishes.

Meanwhile, we have kept hold of Ambrose, Danns, Speroni, Clyne, and McCarthy. That is a very good spine of the team, and already we have begun to assemble a squad that will compete in this division this season.

I don't understand why you are so convinced we are in for a relegation battle? By all means, it will not be a walk the league season, we may not even get into the play-offs, but hey, we should get mid-table, and we'd be happy with that, just happy to have a club. But if you compare our teams at the moment, our one is far, far better than yours. If we are heading for relegation to League One, I am surprised you are not in the Combined Counties League.

Also, a lot here are saying how ordinary Ambrose is, how he's a one season wonder, how you're not too fussed. Let's not joke about here, we all know Ambrose is by far a better signing than any you have made so far this Summer, or are likely to make.[/QUOTE]

Because many fans only really start to get "excited" about a player when he actually signs.We are linked to soooo many players, you could end up getting heart failure.

The only think I will agree on, going on last years results, Palace and QPR are on a par,

Comment

Serious question: Can I ask about Carle, Butterfield and Lawrence? What was the deal with them being released?

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsa1987 View Post
        only some think you will be in a relegation battle. your spine is an ok spine yeh, but to say your team is much much better then is ours is riduculous. Faurlin is a better player then any of your side in my opinion. You had a point deduction last year which is not what you want but you had plenty of games to get back into a respectful position?so why didnt you?
        I don't know what your first XI is at the moment, but type it out and we can compare. Fair enough, our squad is low on numbers at the moment, but fine with quality, and we will get the 6 or so needed to get by.

Faurlin is certainly not a better player than Speroni, a good half a season means nothing. Besides, it's not just about one player. But yeh, your first XI please and then we can compare.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
          Serious question: Can I ask about Carle, Butterfield and Lawrence? What was the deal with them being released?
          Butterfield was being offered a deal for a first team player from another team(Millwall, I heard), and he would only have been a back-up behind Clyne/Wright this season so we wouldn't match that deal.

Lawrence wasn't wanted.

Carle was released at a time it looked like we were going bust, similar to the Ambrose deal being agreed at the same time. He has been a massive flop though, and would have left this Summer anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jams1234 View Post
            I don't know what your first XI is at the moment, but type it out and we can compare. Fair enough, our squad is low on numbers at the moment, but fine with quality, and we will get the 6 or so needed to get by.

Faurlin is certainly not a better player than Speroni, a good half a season means nothing. Besides, it's not just about one player. But yeh, your first XI please and then we can compare.
            Sorry how can you compare a CM and a GK, utter mug :drunk:

Comment

Well hoopsa was comparing Faurlin with every member of the Palace team(including a goalkeeper), therefore I presume is an utter mug also?

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
                Sorry how can you compare a CM and a GK, utter mug :drunk:
                They are both Argentinian, so it is ok
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Not bothered anyway, most important signings next should be Tarbs and a couple of strikers!
                  Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

To be fair, i bet all Palace fans are delighted that Ambrose is staying. As for us, well i started to wonder whether he really wanted to join us in the first place with all the delay and to be honest we only want players who WANT to play for QPR.
                    Also he knows that due to his excellent season last year he will be the local hero with Palace where's with us he would have to earn that right all over again, also he'd struggle to get in our team IF, Buzsacky is fit and Faullin improves yet again. So all in all everyone's happy.

Comment

Your only as good as your last game

Crystal Palace-0 Queens Park Rangers-2

End of I thank you please.....

Comment

Y would you compare a goalie and a midfeilder?I don't know what our starting eleven would be as it's still the close season.you could tell us yours tho with the 11 players in your squad
                        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I don't understand why posters on here are entertaining a few cyber warriors from Croydon. They simply don't get it when our fans say we are not bothered, nor do they seem to understand that we don't care what Warnock said about Ambrose coming.

Ambrose is a decent player, in fact he is Palace's star player, but was he ever a player QPR really needed, I don't think so. I personally think the majority of Rangers fans on here wanted Ambrose to sign just so we could laugh at their fans.

When it really mattered last season our midfield played Palaces midfield off the park on their turf, that should tell you all you need to know. The priority is Taarabt there is no 2 ways about.

Comment

You taking the **** mate? When YOU said that 'Faurlin was better than any in our team', YOU were comparing a midfielder with a goalkeeper. Can you not see that?

No go on mate, I'll post our first XI and you post yours. Of course both will be strengthened before the start of the season, but I am just seeking to dismiss these claims of us fighting relegation next season when you have a **** poor team compared to ours.

GK: Speroni
                            DR: Clyne
                            DL: Wright
                            DC: McCarthy
                            DC: Davis
                            MC: Danns
                            MC: N'Diaye/Dorman
                            RM: Scannell
                            LM: Ambrose
                            ST: Lee
                            ST: Andrew

Of course we are stronger in a different formation, but 4-4-2 is easiest to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by jams1234 View Post
                              You taking the **** mate? When YOU said that 'Faurlin was better than any in our team', YOU were comparing a midfielder with a goalkeeper. Can you not see that?

No go on mate, I'll post our first XI and you post yours. Of course both will be strengthened before the start of the season, but I am just seeking to dismiss these claims of us fighting relegation next season when you have a **** poor team compared to ours.

GK: Speroni
                              DR: Clyne
                              DL: Wright
                              DC: McCarthy
                              DC: Davis

MC: Danns
                              MC: N'Diaye/Dorman
                              RM: Scannell
                              LM: Ambrose
                              ST: Lee
                              ST: Andrew

Of course we are stronger in a different formation, but 4-4-2 is easiest to compare.
                              I fear for you lot next year

Comment

Originally posted by PalaceDave View Post
                                I am willing to predict that if you do ever sign Adel Tarabt that he won't score more goals than Darren Ambrose next season?
                                I'll take that bet dave. 20 quid ok? We can message address and whack cheque in post at end of season. Remember this is conditional on a) adel being an R and b) ambrose playing for you guys. Agreed? Might add that despite your title of this thread it is far from certain.

Comment

Working...
                                X