Tosic OFF to Red Star Belgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
    Tosic. QPR or Red Star Belgrade playing European Football? No brainer.

Speroni. QPR or West Ham (allegedly) playing Premiership football? No brainer.

Clyne. QPR or Aston Villa (allegedly) playing Premiership football? No brainer.

I know we get disappointed seeing potential targets slip away but if you're the player's agent aren't you going to hang around for the best deal for your client and yourself? Hence the delays in their signing.

Don't you think Tosic would be kicking himself now had he signed for us now knowing what could've been? And, with that in mind, maybe his head wouldn't have been right to play well for us. Just a thought.
    At least two of the three players you mention look like staying with a smaller, craper club than our own so not really sure that argument stacks up.

Comment

As it stands, I obviously agree with that.

Personally think Speroni has better offers lined up and I can't see Clyne being there a whole season now that he's put himself on the radar. If we were the only club in for them, I think their agents would have told them to move to us rather than have an uncertain future at Palace. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
        My point being sometimes better the devil you know rather than the devil you don't. We don't know what kind of money Tosic was after. Tosic did well, he never set the world alight. Saying he's the best LB in this division is a bit of an exaggeration. Hill will do a job. He can also play anywhere across the back line too. If he get's injured what have we really lost - not a lot. Tosic realistically would be after 3x Hills wages. I'm a realist and know we have budgets. Warnocks a prudent manager and will look after the clubs money as if its his own and I understand his logic with those signings. Derry IMHO is better than Mahon and Hill is better than what we currently have at LB. Both cost sod all and both will fill a void in which we have been missing. I would rather us spend £20k a week on someone like James Beatties wages and have Clint Hill at Left Back than have Tosic earning £10-£15k a week and someother weaker striker. That was the point I was trying to make.

We all rated Tosic but we never really see a lot of him. Neil never actually rated him in training and was astonished with his performances for the first team, but we don't know at what costs they came to us at QPR. We need to stop all the bickering and impatience and back the team all the way. I am sure this season is going to be a good time to be a Rangers Fan.

Anyone actually know the names of Blackpools Left Back or Right Back off the top of your heads. Would you ever have thought they'd be playing Premiership football this coming season.

Hopefully you catch my drift.

Dazzer i am very concerned! You are posting so much good sense and intelligent comment of late I can't help but agree with ALL your sentiments. Keep up the good work fella!!!
        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
          Dazzer i am very concerned! You are posting so much good sense and intelligent comment of late I can't help but agree with ALL your sentiments. Keep up the good work fella!!!
          Derry is better than Mahon... Back to talkin shite dazzer haha

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
            Dazzer,
            I agree with most of what you say.... But,
            Who said NW thinks Tosic is a rubbish trainers and was amazed he did so well in games ?
            I've not seen that quote.

Tosic over Hill everytime.
            Koren over Derry/Mahon everytime.
            Bailey over Rowlands ?
            Boyd & Hooper over Clarke & Mackie everytime

But who knows ?
            Mcanuff over Ambrose ? Maybe ?... probably !

Funny ol game init ?
            Fella Warnock said it himself in reference to Tosic on a interview on QPR Player after I think the Palace game.

Also I agree with who you'd take over who BUT remember and lets be logical about it. The players we have brought in all can do a job and all have cost very little. Their wages won't bust out bank and in fairness they are better than what we have. Tosic will want wages in excess of Clarke, Derry and Hill all put together. Prudent is the word and that is what Warnock is. He's got 3 players in at the cost of one and whatever way you look at it it's not bad business. I'm not say those players are SUPERB, nor do they excite me BUT i'd take Clarke over VINE, AGYEMANG or GERMAN, I'd take Hill at LB so Connolly can play CB and I'd take Derry playing in the holding role in front of the back 4 when needed over MAHON and ROWLANDS (Rowlands purely because he's an injury risk when needed to get stuck in and win the ball).
            Last edited by Dazzer1977; 08-07-2010, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
              Tosic. QPR or Red Star Belgrade playing European Football? No brainer.

Speroni. QPR or West Ham (allegedly) playing Premiership football? No brainer.

Clyne. QPR or Aston Villa (allegedly) playing Premiership football? No brainer.

I know we get disappointed seeing potential targets slip away but if you're the player's agent aren't you going to hang around for the best deal for your client and yourself? Hence the delays in their signing.

Don't you think Tosic would be kicking himself now had he signed for us now knowing what could've been? And, with that in mind, maybe his head wouldn't have been right to play well for us. Just a thought.
              As Red Star Belgrade are my second team, i can guarantee he won't be playing European football for too long.

Comment

I had an uncle who once played for red star belgrade

Comment

Spot on Dazza

Comment

Working...
                  X