Where does Rowlands fit in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Rowlands fit in?

Faurlin and Derry for me are nailed on starters in the centre,so where does that leave our returning captain?

Is there room for Rowlands in a 5 man midfield,Derry in front of the back four with Faurlin and Rowlands in the middle? Buzsaky and Mackie out wide with one up top?

Same goes for Leigertwood.

Originally posted by EYR View Post
    Faurlin and Derry for me are nailed on starters in the centre,so where does that leave our returning captain?

Is there room for Rowlands in a 5 man midfield,Derry in front of the back four with Faurlin and Rowlands in the middle? Buzsaky and Mackie out wide with one up top?

Same goes for Leigertwood.
    Leigertwood is good cover at RB.
    Rowlands is good cover for CM.

We'll no doubt pick up injuries and suspensions in these areas, so players like Rowlands are hugely important to fill the void.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

on the available list
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        will no doubt pich up injuries and suspensions in these areas, so players like Rowlands are hugely important to fill the void.
        What like Rowley dont get injured alot himself then?

Comment

Chances are he will be merely a returning player rather than captain. Probs gonna give that to Derry?
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
            What like Rowley dont get injured alot himself then?
            Agreed, which is why he should be used in cameo's. He's a very good, tenacious player whos does a job. I think it would be foolish to let him go as he is a good role model with his attitude, a fantastic influence on the pitch and gives us quality in depth.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              Agreed, which is why he should be used in cameo's. He's a very good, tenacious player whos does a job. I think it would be foolish to let him go as he is a good role model with his attitude, a fantastic influence on the pitch and gives us quality in depth.
              Spot on Benny. Unfortunatly not many on here appreciate the commitment Rowly gives the cause. When he does eventually go or retire maybe then people will realise he had the heart of a lion. As for Legs.............if only.

Comment

Rowlands fits nicely beside the gaffer on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  Rowlands fits nicely beside the gaffer on the bench.
                  Like a Phil Neal/Graham Taylor england jobby,yes boss

Comment

I'm sick of all you Martin Rowlands nut huggers. Last season before his injury he was poor, very poor! his passing at times was woeful yet he had the nerve to be on Faurlins back everytime he made a minor mistake.
                    Now he is returning from a serious injury i think its fair to say he is unlikely to get back to a standard that is required for a team chasing promotion. I hope i am wrong, of course i do but i think alot of you need to be alittle realistic.
                    I think give him a chance but if he plays like he did last season or dare i say....worse, then it's time to say goodbye.

Comment

Rowlands tends to fit nicely in a hospital bed or wheelchair!

Comment

Originally posted by HandsomeRanger View Post
                        I'm sick of all you Martin Rowlands nut huggers. Last season before his injury he was poor, very poor! his passing at times was woeful yet he had the nerve to be on Faurlins back everytime he made a minor mistake.
                        Now he is returning from a serious injury i think its fair to say he is unlikely to get back to a standard that is required for a team chasing promotion. I hope i am wrong, of course i do but i think alot of you need to be alittle realistic.
                        I think give him a chance but if he plays like he did last season or dare i say....worse, then it's time to say goodbye.
                        got to agree. been a great servant but its time to part company. too much of a liability now imo.

Comment

Seem to remember a similar conversation about Cookie's fitness this time last year. Some said give him a chance, some said he'll never be the same after his injury and some wanted him put down.

Different player, different circumstances. Think Warnock will know more after the pre-season friendlies... If available?

Comment

Can't say I've seen Rowlands play a particularly bad game when he's been fit the last few years - what matches did you see?

Like the idea of Rowlands and Faurlin in the middle. Derry and Buz as the opposite extremes of the scale as alternatives depending on who we're playing.

Comment

Rowlands will be a bench warmer coming on for Faurlin when we play the more physical sides. Derry is captain.
                              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Working...
                              X