X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramage: 'tough, but enjoyable'

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...082470,00.html

Posted on: Fri 02 Jul 2010

Peter Ramage was full of praise for new Strength & Conditioning Coach Carl Serrant, following the R's first pre-season training session yesterday (Thursday) morning.

Following a seven week break from competitive action, Neil Warnock's First Team squad returned to Harlington to be met by a new-look backroom team, as well as a few new faces within the squad.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Ramage said: "It's been a long summer but it's gone really quick. I've had a few holidays and spent time back up home with the family and friends.

"It was a good first session. The boys worked their socks off and I think if we keep going like that we'll be ready for the start of the season.

"It was very, very tough, but if you've done a bit over the summer, like myself, it feels good.

"It's good to be back. I've always come back in good shape and although it was a tough day, I think we'll feel the benefits of it in the long-term."

Ramage added: "Carl's a top man. I was a young professional at Newcastle when he was a player there, so I kind of knew him. I've got a few friends up North who've worked and played with him and they've had nothing but good things to say about him.

"His sessions are really tough, but enjoyable as well - something that you don't normally associate with pre-season.

"I'm going to miss the first couple of games owing to suspension, so it's extra important for me to impress over this period.

"Hopefully I'll get my chance at centre-half this season.

"It's my preferred position. I'll play wherever the Manager wants me to, but I'd like to push for a spot there."

good lad

Comment

He seems like a good bloke bloke does our Mr Ramage! I reckon he is one football player I could enjoy a beer with!

Comment

Ramage is a top bloke

Comment

Ramage said: "It's been a long summer but it's gone really quick"

But to be honest he comes across a top bloke

Comment

Just a shame his skill doesn't match his attitude, he would be like Messi.

To be fair to him though at centre back he looked OK.
            Now, Then, Forever
            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

I think he was excellent at centre back... He made one mistake against Newcastle, compared to a litter of mistakes from our other centre backs almost every game!

Comment

Working...
              X