Two Interesting Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Interesting Stats

I think they are interesting whereas you might just think I'm a nerd.

Anyway, last season we conceded 15 goals in the last 15 minutes which was more goals in this period than in any other.

Goals Conceded
    0-15 mins: 11
    16-30 mins: 3
    31-45 mins: 12
    46-60 mins: 13
    61-75 mins: 11
    76-90 mins: 15

Also we conceded more goals outside the penalty area (25) then we did inside (22) excluding the 6 yard box.

Arguably the two stats are both related to fitness levels. We concede more goals at the end of matches than at any other time and we fail to close down players because of tiredness so players have the space and time to shoot from outside the area. Hopefully the signing of a new fitness coach will eradicate late goals which should save us vital points.

thats why i loved dowie, we were fit as a butchers under him

Comment

i remember getting so frustrated last season. we would have a 1 goal lead and let it slip in the last 15-20 mins of games, leaving us without enough time to score again.
      Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        I think they are interesting whereas you might just think I'm a nerd.

Anyway, last season we conceded 15 goals in the last 15 minutes which was more goals in this period than in any other.

Goals Conceded
        0-15 mins: 11
        16-30 mins: 3
        31-45 mins: 12
        46-60 mins: 13
        61-75 mins: 11
        76-90 mins: 15

Also we conceded more goals outside the penalty area (25) then we did inside (22) excluding the 6 yard box.

Arguably the two stats are both related to fitness levels. We concede more goals at the end of matches than at any other time and we fail to close down players because of tiredness so players have the space and time to shoot from outside the area. Hopefully the signing of a new fitness coach will eradicate late goals which should save us vital points.
        What game was you at? We only conceded 1 goal in that game and it was earlier on than that.

It's ok i'm with you, just being pedantic, i'm bored. Good stats and interesting.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

hopefully the new fitness coach will stop this!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr-buzsaky View Post
            hopefully the new fitness coach will stop this!
            ditto.

Comment

We were no different when we had De Canio.

Love the stats... keep them coming!

Comment

Great to see we now have a new fitness coach, let's hope he is as good as Harbin......

Does anyone know why we didn't replace Harbin when he left? It was obvious that having a good fitness coach made a huge difference to our team.

Remember seeing mention of us having a "top" fitness coach from Pete last season, but if we did who was he? He obviously wasn't very good at his job.....

Comment

Any stats about how many goals we scored in the last 15 minutes?

How many penaltys we got or how many own goals in our favour? Don't think we got that many. Think that didn't help.

Comment

Good stats and yes they do highlight just how much QOR missed Harbin.

QPR were the same under De Canio too, so well done to Dowie for bringing Harbin to QPR and putting a stop to all those late goals. A real shame that he left and wasn't replaced which meant QPR went backwards last season.

Comment

Maybe we need better defenders.

Comment

well done sirpie,interesting and also promising for the new season.

Comment

Sir Pie - thanks. Interesting as always. Can I be a bit cheeky and ask a question of your statistical wizardry? I can't work it out (maybe it can't be done but you are much better at these things). ...Seems to me the recent signings (Hill and Derry certainly) have probably pushed the average age of our team up quite a bit (what with the loss of Simpson and Routledge as well, not to mention if Adel goes). I would think we are now quite an ageing team in comparison to others (which will go partly to fitness). Our back 4 certainly looks a bit grey. What do you think - any idea if the stats would bear this instinct out?

Comment

Working...
                          X