So now INGERLAND'S heroes have been dumped out of the World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now INGERLAND'S heroes have been dumped out of the World Cup

is it now time for people to ditch those awful chavvy flags?

I have to say Ingerland exceeded my expectations in this tournament. I expected them to underperform, play badly, saved mainly by unjustified hype but to somehow get through to the last 8 before limping out. But to play awfully in every game and end up being humiliated by the Germans even beat the usual poor effort.

When are people going to realise the game of football has moved on in this country. The fans simply do not matter to the players. It is all about the superstar lifestyle. It used to be about dreams of playing for the team you support and eventually having the honour of playing for your country if you earned it. The idiots we have had turning out for probably the last 20+ years are mainly disinterested. Whereas players for other countries massively overperform when they pull on their national shirt ours go the other way.

The so called English grit is a myth and constant reference to it has become an embarrassment. They are as gutless as they are clueless.

No doubt Capello will be the scapegoat but we have fundamental problems with our national game which no manager can resolve. The ego fuelled big money mentality of a large chunk of our players has relegated the honour of playing for your country to a footnote on their CVs leading to more endorsements and yet more money. It is reflective of the consumer culture in society as a whole. All anyone seems interested in are material things. Buy this, buy that.

The national game is dead. Still the domestic game has improved no end with all these foreigners coming in.

Oh hold on it is those nasty foreigners stopping Ingerlish players developing rather than say the fact the young Ingerlish players being surrounded by better players should be actually assisting their development. Poor little lambs. How can they be expected to learn and break through. That would mean showing some true English grit and we don't have much of that anymore.

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

I have to say Ingerland exceeded my expectations in this tournament. I expected them to underperform, play badly, saved mainly by unjustified hype but to somehow get through to the last 8 before limping out. But to play awfully in every game and end up being humiliated by the Germans even beat the usual poor effort.

When are people going to realise the game of football has moved on in this country. The fans simply do not matter to the players. It is all about the superstar lifestyle. It used to be about dreams of playing for the team you support and eventually having the honour of playing for your country if you earned it. The idiots we have had turning out for probably the last 20+ years are mainly disinterested. Whereas players for other countries massively overperform when they pull on their national shirt ours go the other way.

The so called English grit is a myth and constant reference to it has become an embarrassment. They are as gutless as they are clueless.

No doubt Capello will be the scapegoat but we have fundamental problems with our national game which no manager can resolve. The ego fuelled big money mentality of a large chunk of our players has relegated the honour of playing for your country to a footnote on their CVs leading to more endorsements and yet more money. It is reflective of the consumer culture in society as a whole. All anyone seems interested in are material things. Buy this, buy that.

The national game is dead. Still the domestic game has improved no end with all these foreigners coming in.
    Oh hold on it is those nasty foreigners stopping Ingerlish players developing rather than say the fact the young Ingerlish players being surrounded by better players should be actually assisting their development. Poor little lambs. How can they be expected to learn and break through. That would mean showing some true English grit and we don't have much of that anymore.
    Some one mentioned that most of the players in the World Cup, that have played in the premiership this season(English or Foreign) all looked tired, of form etc...Most probably the after efect of carrying all that money they earn to the bank and back..

It's hard to choose English players when most of the top teams develop young Europeans a fact that is confirmed with Italy crashing out of the tournament...with the top teams mainly using non Italians.On the other hand...Germany have mainly German players.....But this doesn't seem to bother the South Amercians who are scattered all other the world.

The bottom line is....the players are over paid, not interested in playing for England and therefore have no passion.....also.....we are crap....4 games showed that..

Comment

This overpaid ting thats crops up, are the top south americans not overpaid, or other countries stars that play abroad not overpaid.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

If the players are playing to much football, scrap the group stage of the champions league and if there is a break, no team should be allowed jet to Dubai and play lucrative tournaments as it would make a mockery of the entire 'break' argument.

Also, the domestic cup competitions dont really come into it as the big time charlies dont normally all play until the latter stages.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
          This overpaid ting thats crops up, are the top south americans not overpaid, or other countries stars that play abroad not overpaid.
          Ok - cross out the over paid but then....just f....crap ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
            Ok - cross out the over paid but then....just f....crap ...

Agree
            They seek him here.................

Comment

Me thinks, the world cup will be another "nail in the coffin", and will hopefully bring on the bursting of the football bubble. It can no longer sustain itself.

Never in the game has so much, been paid by so many, to so few.

Comment

keeping my flags up i think
                Not to show pride in the football team but to show pride in my country
                Neighbour at the top of the road is also going to keep his up so come on.....maybe if a few more St George flags are flying we can get some pride going again..

Comment

do i detect disdain for your country in there Furtive?
                  you should be proud of England and count yourself lucky you are English and not one of these Foreign kinds who come running to seek asylum every 5 minutes...

Comment

Working...
                  X