Derry Signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jams1234 View Post
    Definitely an improvement on your squad already, so I don't see why you're complaining.
    have a day off.. im sorry but thats wearing rose tinted glasses.. derry is a shocking footballer.. he can shout and holla and organise but as a footballer he is nothing.

mahon is twice the player of derry and i dont really rate mahon. not to mention the fact we have rowlands and leigertwood who play CM. along with the person who tore derry apart at selhurst last year.. faurlin.. derry is a truely abysmal signing for any champ side..

if anybody wants to argue the case for a "leader" to go with our flair players.. who has 'experience' then if you look past mahon well why not try robbie savage.. a guy who had adel in his pocket when down the rangers.. something derry couldnt even contemplate doing..
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

A truly abysmal signing for any champ side? That's funny, two years ago his signing was the catalyst for our run from the bottom of the table to the play-off semi-final.

In addition to that, he was an ever-present last season for a team that, without financial turmoil off the pitch, would have been there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Comment

im sorry but derry really isnt as bad as some are making out him to be.

last season we lacked real leadership - we all said it. we had no captain out there - someone to organise the team when the going gets tough. we had too many who just hid in their shell.

derry will do exactly what we all wanted - someone who wil be 110% committed and run the midfield. our midfield last season went awol far too much.

he probably isnt what everyone expected but he is what we lacked. granted we also lacked many other things, but derry solves one of those.

and to simplty write off what the palace fans are saying about him is totally naive. they watched him last season, and several before that. they can judge him.

yes derry is a mahon type of player, but mahon is 31 and had a very serious knee injury - will he recover? we missed him alot last season and if he doesnt recover we will go through the same this season.

and i though i was a negative supporter!
        Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

Great signing! Always played well against us twice the player Mahon ever was!

C'mon UUUURRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssss s

Comment

Decent signing for you. He won't win you promotion, but he will be a battler against relegation, and can even perform for a mid-table team. He won't run games, but he will be a bloody good captain. His form did drop off towards the business end of last season, but he did enough.

Not too fussed on him leaving-would much prefer his last game to be the battling performance he gave at Hillsborough, the biggest game in our history, and to go out on a high than for him to be here for the next two seasons, with his legs going, and go out on a low. He'll always be a favourite at Palace though, and I think it's clear that he has some affection for the club and fans aswell.

I think he's being very underrated by some on here-like I say, he won't win you promotion but he is a battler and will help you in the games op norf against Burnley on a ditty, wet midweek night. Definitely an improvement on your squad already, so I don't see why you're complaining.
            He mentioned that the reason he was going is because Warnock brings out the best in him as a player so dream on laddy as if he had any affection for you at all he would have stayed.
            Queens Park Rangers
            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

The only thing Derry has affection for is ££££ same as everybody else.Dont worry he will be kissing the R's badge on his chest next season and wont give Palace a second thought.

Comment

Don't think so-he was crying at Hillsborough, when it was clear he was already speaking firmly with other clubs and nothing from Palace, he still said we were a 'great' club and wanted there to be great times there again, whoever he is playing for next season. I also think that it is highly unlikely he wasn't even offered a contract here(yet).

And seriously, of course he would prefer playing under Neil than the two other offers he received-one from the **** that is Keano, and another from Greece.

Comment

guys a donkey
                  only got him cos he's cheap
                  Clyne and Speroni only 2 decent Palarse players worth getting, the rest are shite

Comment

looks like we have signed our new captain, good signing in my eyes, bit of steel, how many shirked the big tackles last season, how many hid when the going got tough, no hiding with this fella.

Comment

A truly abysmal signing for any champ side? That's funny, two years ago his signing was the catalyst for our run from the bottom of the table to the play-off semi-final.

In addition to that, he was an ever-present last season for a team that, without financial turmoil off the pitch, would have been there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

well damion stewart was our in form guy two years ago.. but look at him now! im sorry but ive seen derry with my own eyes and the guy does have leadership and can bark orders but he isnt in any promotion pushing midfield.

derry is too slow and over the hill.. its a poor signing for us.. a cheap one at that.. there are alot of better 'leaders'.. mahon being one of them. yet if our squad is 100% mahon doesnt get a sniff.

clint hill if he does come will be likely our new left back which again is a poor choice.. but considering we have no left back.. im content with his arrival.. derry however is in a midfield which he does NOT improve.
                      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                      Lovejoy: "No?!"
                      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                        He mentioned that the reason he was going is because Warnock brings out the best in him as a player so dream on laddy as if he had any affection for you at all he would have stayed.

have you thought that there might be other factors

- higher wages
                        - more stable financial future
                        - longer contract
                        - better short term prospects (worried about players leaving Palace)

all of these are possible, it's not simply a case of him preffering QPR to Palace as a club.

what a tool

Comment

Originally posted by Block B View Post
                          have you thought that there might be other factors

- higher wages
                          - more stable financial future
                          - longer contract
                          - better short term prospects (worried about players leaving Palace)

all of these are possible, it's not simply a case of him preffering QPR to Palace as a club.

what a tool
                          cut out the insults, warning next time, take a look at yourself before passing judgement on others.

Comment

Quaz mate not defending Jams insulting anyone but in fairness I think someone did call him a "bum boy" in this thread and he didn't even react. Not all our fans are as hospitable to our guest as they might be. I'm personally quite interested that Palace fans don't seem to be as down on our purchase as we are - its normally the other way round.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              Quaz mate not defending Jams insulting anyone but in fairness I think someone did call him a "bum boy" in this thread and he didn't even react. Not all our fans are as hospitable to our guest as they might be. I'm personally quite interested that Palace fans don't seem to be as down on our purchase as we are - its normally the other way round.
                              never saw that comment otherwise would have said the same with that, the way i look at it is a lot of QPR members got warnings the other day, so has to be the same for both.No points involved just advice to cut it out.

Comment

fair enough squire, fair enough - just trying to spread the love and all that...

Hope all well with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X