No announcement yet.

Is there a lack of ambition by warnock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a lack of ambition by warnock?

He seems to want to go to the top with cheap players atm so it looks like he has done a good job and improved these players but doing that is a gamble. I'm not for spending loads to get where we all want to be but to be up the top we need at least a few £1million at least players who are good enough to get us there and quite frankly the players we have simply not good enough and as we saw last year, when the going got tough, they shyed away.

You also dont want to be buying players now and paying them x amount of weeks earnings for nothing.
    Im still happy to see how the summer pans out before getting all menstrual about it.
    Warnock obviously has more belief in himself than what many on here do.

Comment

At the moment we are a lot weaker than the start of last season and we all know how that went.....

Comment

hes a Northerner,tight wad.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          At the moment we are a lot weaker than the start of last season and we all know how that went.....

Comment

If warnock had big money to spend he'd aim for big players, if he was working on a tight budget he would aim for small players. Guess which one we've got.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr-buzsaky View Post
              If warnock had big money to spend he'd aim for big players, if he was working on a tight budget he would aim for small players. Guess which one we've got.
              must have no budget, usually pick crap up for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by hhrangers View Post
                He seems to want to go to the top with cheap players atm so it looks like he has done a good job and improved these players but doing that is a gamble. I'm not for spending loads to get where we all want to be but to be up the top we need at least a few £1million at least players who are good enough to get us there and quite frankly the players we have simply not good enough and as we saw last year, when the going got tough, they shyed away.
                I don't think it's anything to do with lack of ambition.... more like sticking to a strict budget. He has mentioned that he has to off load before he can sign to balance things up.

I'm sure we will sign a star player, come July we'll see how we've progressed.

Comment

Ludicrous to blame it on Warnock. Do you really think the board has said to him "you can buy Drogba, here's the money" and he has turned round and said "actually, I'd prefer Leon Clarke." Surely it is absolutely, painfully obvious that he has been given an extremely limited transfer budget.

Comment

dont think its a lack of ambition on warnocks part ,as its more of a case that in his management career he has never really had a vast amount of £ to spend & has done well at various teams buying & selling players to keep to a budget. Our billionaire owners recognize this & expect him to do it again whilst they can lie thru their teeth on the offy that there is no set budget so we all go out & waste £ on a season ticket to see an even worse team than last season.

Comment

He needs a whole new team nearly so he will have to sign a number of cheap players and punts to bulk it out along with hopefully a few very good ones. We will not know for a couple of weeks or more what his signing strategy is. Paddy Kenny is a top signing by the way but we do like to focus on the negatives if at all possible!

Comment

To be fair its not until July when things start moving. Most players contracts end last day of June and start July 1st and teams generally start back training early July.

NW will do the business he wants and that will include ins and outs. Who knows what lies ahead you just don't know.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          He needs a whole new team nearly so he will have to sign a number of cheap players and punts to bulk it out along with hopefully a few very good ones. We will not know for a couple of weeks or more what his signing strategy is. Paddy Kenny is a top signing by the way but we do like to focus on the negatives if at all possible!
                          so you are still of the opinion that we are going to sign some GOOD players when the window opens? and the players he has signed so far (apart from Kenny) are fill in squad players?

Comment

Yep albeit he seems to rate Mackie, admitted Clarke is a punt.

Problem we have is amount of competition for decent players from clubs who are bigger than us. If we can sign Ambrose that will be two quality players, along with Kenny, and that may persuade others to join.

At the moment our main draw is Warnock. Without him I think we would be stuck paying out for flotsam.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Yep albeit he seems to rate Mackie, admitted Clarke is a punt.

Problem we have is amount of competition for decent players from clubs who are bigger than us. If we can sign Ambrose that will be two quality players, along with Kenny, and that may persuade others to join.

At the moment our main draw is Warnock. Without him I think we would be stuck paying out for flotsam.
                              In an ideal world...would have been great to have Ambrose Taarabt etc on board as we speak.

However - being a business, we have a lot of dead wood at the club, which appears we are having difficulty unloading at present.

Just because we have owner with money, doesn't mean they want to throw it away...at moment.

Hopefully in nect month, we could see some freeloaders moving on and better quality players moving in.Too soon to panic at moment, but watching with interest at moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X