England frustration /merged thread/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fez View Post
    Absolutely awful game! Not like Algeria even played well...

It does make me laugh when people say the players aren't good enough, they are. There's a reason every team in the world want's to sign Cole/Lampard/Rooney/Gerrard!

The problems are this.....

The formation is wrong
    Heskey should not be anywhere near the starting 11, the guy can't even do a step over my old man can still do a step over and he's in his 50s!
    You can't play Gerrard as a left winger, because he isn't one and therefore doesn't play as one anyway, watch that game back and tell me how many times Gerrard was on the left flank in the 2nd half?
    Play the formation to suit the players you have, hardly anyone else at the world cup is playing 442, England get over run in midfield and almost every players in the midfield is playing in a different position to the one they play at their club.
    He picked the wrong squad, Walcott and Johnson should both be in there.
    Green should never have started in goal in the first place, he is no an international goalkeeper just another Paul Robinson and was always going to found out it was a matter of time.
    Capello needs to spend less time trying to being the demon headmaster and more time thinking about football, these flaws are not hard to see....
    And finally the players need to put a bit of ****ing effort in, IMO the Capello love affair has well and truly worn off and the players aren't keen on him, time will tell on that one!
    nail on the head

Comment

Apart from walcott i agree....joe cole(only player with a bit of flair in that squad)...the rest are box to box
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

England were crap and Algeria passed them off the pitch.

Heskey is a waste of space (Crouch would have posed a far bigger goal threat had he started).

However, I would have preferred a 4-5-1 system with Joe Cole in the side, with either him or Gerrard supporting Rooney.

The extra midfielder would have enabled England to pass the ball better, keep possession better and in all probability, create more chances. They could then have brought on Crouch for the last 20 mins to finish off Algeria.

As it was, England with Heskey on for 74 mins, hardly tested the keeper and rarely looked like doing so.

Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard & Lennon all had poor games and never looked comfortable.

My feeling is that Capello is very strict and one dimensional and it's his way or the highway (as Walcott allegedly discovered).

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
          Apart from walcott i agree....joe cole(only player with a bit of flair in that squad)...the rest are box to box
          I know Walcott is an issue of debate but the way I see it, he is absolutely lightning, yes he's a shite footballer but sometimes all you need is pace, look at when came on against Barcelona in the Champions League and scored, the Barcelona defence was all over the place they just couldn't deal with him, even if it's to chuck him on 20 mins from the end and hoof the ball over the top and let him run on to it no full back at that world cup would want to be marking him!

Comment

With all the men that algeria had behind the ball(and after trying winger after winger) it was time to try someone that could pass the ball through the middle. Was no space for players running down the wings in a predictable 4-4-2......should have started with one up front(like man-u do) and had cole slotting the ball around. Tbh more worried players get up and go mate
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Cappello is s...e, simple as. All this nonsense about how good we were in the qualifiers, when we played very poor teams and 10 men Croatia. Walcott is pants but is Lennon better? F... no! Is Wright-Phillips a good replacement for lennon? F... no! Without Beckham we have no decent rightsided midfielders, unless at a push you put gerrard their where at least he is right footed, whereas as on the left he is missing completely. Where the f... is Joe Cole? One of, if not the only actual midfielder who can pass, do a trick, create space, score a goal? Lampard is a useless t.t who again is found wanting and as for f...ing Heskey! All the hype about Barry! What a joke. Cappello has to take all the responsibily for picking a stupid formation, a stupid squad and not being man enough to change it. I don't know anyone who wasn't crying out for Cole to come on for Heskey and to get him on the left, push Gerrard up behind Rooney, but no, he takes off Lennon for WP! Heskey for Crouch! Load of SHITE!

Comment

How the fcuck does he get paid 6m a year to do a months work basically

Comment

We've a history of ignoring flair players, Bowles, Marsh, Osgood, Worthington, they had a handful of caps between them, now players who would have struggled in the old third division, Crouch, Heskey, Lampard will get 100 caps. Not saying they would make a big diffference but I would have Joe Cole and Johnson from Man. City over those donkeys tonight anytime
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

The people saying England would have done better with Crouch, please tell me how, there wasn't one ball put into his position or cross to rake advantage of his height.
                    Just seen on Sky Rooney has had his worst run of for
                    for England over the last couple of games - Good timing Wayne.
                    Queens Park Rangers
                    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                    X