Strange But True..I Interviewed Michael Wale Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange But True..I Interviewed Michael Wale Today

I am bringing in presenters for 101.4ONFM based in Hammersmith, basically building up the station up from scratch in my spare time (thats why Not been on the boards so much) and he came in for a chat.

Lives down the Askew Road and anyone who has followed QPR for a long time will remember his write ups in the chequered programmes. I haven't a clue how old he is but he is still in broadcasting. I will hopefully interview him for this site has obviously followed QPR in the seventies, but did say his first club was Leicester City. I was surprised I got his email when I advertised on Media UK, and he had some goods tales to tell about the 75-76 season.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

remember his write ups in chequered prog v well and also that 75-76 season- Happy days!

Comment

He wrote well into the eighties in the programme too. By far the most literate person we have had in the programme. It was a good, decent length read unlike all the trite stuff it has now - three times as fat and half the content. Never understood why he was ousted.The programme looks a lot glossier but when did anyone last read anything interesting in it?

Comment

good coup that. used to like him a lot. he always went on about us on the london news programme he was on on the telly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          He wrote well into the eighties in the programme too. By far the most literate person we have had in the programme. It was a good, decent length read unlike all the trite stuff it has now - three times as fat and half the content. Never understood why he was ousted.The programme looks a lot glossier but when did anyone last read anything interesting in it?
          Late 80's - but I won't say why?

Comment

Pete if you need well spoken, informative educated presenter's who know their football, sport and general going on's I am your man.

Comment

remember him well...used t have decent write ups and as gtp said...always mentioned us on his telly prog
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Wasnt he the guy who was something to do with classical music and wrote a piece to Rangers action once?

Comment

wasnt he on the Tv as well for a while?
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

nah, dont think he was ever on the telly.

Comment

im sure he used to do a bit on the Beeb,local like.Pete ask him when you interveiw him pls.

Comment

sports presenter on south east at six or whatever that early eve london news programme was called - always used to talk about the rs. prob why he got sacked...

Comment

knew it,im not scenile then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                            knew it,im not scenile then.
                            Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                            good coup that. used to like him a lot. he always went on about us on the london news programme he was on on the telly as well.
                            i wouldnt bet on that.
                            non senile people would of seen the two posts above yours mentioning him talking about rangers all the time, on the local news show on telly that he presented.

Comment

he used to do a small sports section round up on the bbc years ago,he was the sports correspondent for the london area i think? .remember his programme column and use to see him around local area bush/hammersmith years ago,but have not seen him for ages.

Comment

Working...
                              X