Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth a petition or a letter.

Ric Roc made a valid point in another thread see below

Really don't understand how the board with their unbelievable business pedigree just can not see the obvious in front of their faces. Let's say for example we manage to get another thousand ST holders pushing it to 7500 at an average of £500 that equates to £3.75M, drop it by £100 to an average of £400 you would get imo near on 11,000 which equates to £4.4M not only that you are talking 3500 more ST holders in the ground on match day buying burgers, beers, hats, scarves etc etc more ££££££ seems simple to me but hey what do I know?

Would someone starting a petition or sending a letter to 'the powers that be' help at all and would anyone be prepared to do this?
    Time is running out, it is a good idea and they are not stupid, surely they know good business when they see it.

To anyone that has already bought, the difference could just be refunded when they send out the actual ST cards at end of July.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

won't change a thing

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
      won't change a thing
      If you don't try you won't know and i don't see how people can continue to moan if they're not prepared to give it a go.
      It's like complaining about the goverment that gets elected when you don't even vote.
      Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post

Really don't understand how the board with their unbelievable business pedigree just can not see the obvious in front of their faces. Let's say for example we manage to get another thousand ST holders pushing it to 7500 at an average of £500 that equates to £3.75M, drop it by £100 to an average of £400 you would get imo near on 11,000 which equates to £4.4M not only that you are talking 3500 more ST holders in the ground on match day buying burgers, beers, hats, scarves etc etc more ££££££ seems simple to me but hey what do I know?

Would someone starting a petition or sending a letter to 'the powers that be' help at all and would anyone be prepared to do this?
        Time is running out, it is a good idea and they are not stupid, surely they know good business when they see it.

To anyone that has already bought, the difference could just be refunded when they send out the actual ST cards at end of July.

I think its a great idea.I ploughed a lone furrow over the past 2 seaons to no avail.Just got wishy washy responses from Amit. However a well supported and worded petition over ST prices allied to the apparent lack of ambition on the transfer front, might,and I repeat might,have some sway.Better than keeping it bottled up and saying or doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
          I think its a great idea.I ploughed a lone furrow over the past 2 seaons to no avail.Just got wishy washy responses from Amit. However a well supported and worded petition over ST prices allied to the apparent lack of ambition on the transfer front, might,and I repeat might,have some sway.Better than keeping it bottled up and saying or doing nothing.
          im in
          they need a wake up call

Comment

The trouble with that is it devalues the product badly, you very rarely get big brands reduce their price to that level as it consequently devalues the business.
            However what they should do is give more incentives to season ticket holders, such as 5% off all items in the club shop and 3.75% off food & drink on match days. If QPR did promotion prizes on season tickets then yes it would offer more incentive for people to buy, but I doubt and think it's bad business practic to just give £100 off.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              im in
              they need a wake up call
              I'll PM Pete re getting one started.
              Queens Park Rangers

Comment

BMW don't give £1500 off their cars as it devalues the market and product, but what they do offer is £1500 worth of free extras so in a sense you are receiving a discount.

What I'm saying is QPR could do the same in similar fashion such as offering a guaranteed shop discount and matchday food and drink promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                  BMW don't give £1500 off their cars as it devalues the market and product, but what they do offer is £1500 worth of free extras so in a sense you are receiving a discount.

What I'm saying is QPR could do the same in similar fashion such as offering a guaranteed shop discount and matchday food and drink promotions.
                  Good idea. Or maybe book this year and get 20% or something off cost of season ticket for following year.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post

All ST holders get a discount. They also gave us a free league cup game. Therefore, what you suggest QPR should do, they are in fact already doing.

The problem here is that no matter what they do, you can't please all the people all the time. Reduce prices further still and ok you will get a few more takers, but not enough to cover the difference.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

One massive assumption there! that there are actually another 3500 fans out there who actually want season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        All ST holders get a discount. They also gave us a free league cup game. Therefore, what you suggest QPR should do, they are in fact already doing.

The problem here is that no matter what they do, you can't please all the people all the time. Reduce prices further still and ok you will get a few more takers, but not enough to cover the difference.
                        all things worth taking into consideration but as I said if you don't ask you don't get.
                        Also 1 Carling cup game is no where near what you call 'they are doing it already' (Assure us that £10 offers will not be given at certain games also adding in a few more cup games might help boost sales imo.
                        Free incentives are good too that is why I said worth considering, but how many scarves/purchases do people really make from the club shop, it's like when supermarkets say you'll save if you buy 2 of an item, when you wouldn't really have bought it, so trying to make you buy something you don't need (club shop items being ours and the offer you are proposing).
                        Hard cash is what we want.
                        Last edited by 80sCasual; 17-06-2010, 11:54 AM.
                        Queens Park Rangers

Comment

havent got my 4 St's (first time in many years) this year because i feel im being ripped off
                          my whole matchday experience for the last few seasons has made me feel like in being scammed and laughed at by the billionaires across the pitch from me
                          my view is poor for what i pay
                          the food and drink is not only overpriced but uneatable on many occasions
                          the football has been pretty dire
                          and what with the board showing no ambition ive started to feel the thousands i spend every year on Rangers might be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                            havent got my 4 St's (first time in many years) this year because i feel im being ripped off
                            my whole matchday experience for the last few seasons has made me feel like in being scammed and laughed at by the billionaires across the pitch from me
                            my view is poor for what i pay
                            the food and drink is not only overpriced but uneatable on many occasions
                            the football has been pretty dire
                            and what with the board showing no ambition ive started to feel the thousands i spend every year on Rangers might be better spent elsewhere.
                            Not that it has anything to do with me but as long as what you mean is not at another club, then sure it's your money spend it how you like
                            Queens Park Rangers

Comment

If you don't try you won't know and i don't see how people can continue to moan if they're not prepared to give it a go.
                              It's like complaining about the goverment that gets elected when you don't even vote.
                              Fair play, go for it and I'll join but don't expect it to change anything

Comment

Working...
                              X