No announcement yet.

Is this the most BORING World Cup ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the most BORING World Cup ever?

Even when you consider that most 1st games in previous WC's might have been a bit cagey this WC is tedious in the extreme IMHO!!

Whether it's the ball, Vuvuzela's or that there is so much money in endorsements etc at stake with a WC win or, I am becoming old and grumpy but I want to be entertained... most of the dross that I have witnessed has not fulfilled this wish.................

Anyone else feel the same??
    Last edited by ahR; 16-06-2010, 10:38 PM.

agreed.....add chiles and jug ears to the equation n im all wc'd out!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

i think the vuvuzela's have a bad effect.. like a home team in a normal league match if they have their fans singing cheering em on when they win a corner it just ups the place and the tempo. with these vuvuzela's it totally overrides the noise generated by fans when their team win a corner/freekick etc.

the ball is clearly having an effect with long balls, bouncing and long shots. only shot so far ive seen which was true was the ronaldo one against the post.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

early doors....last 8 onwards will be decent bar the noisey banana's
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Agree totally, the ball, the vuvuzelas, whatever as you say it's just not the same.

And the Germans clearly have an advantage having played with the ball for 6 months in the Bundesliga, even though as they say there is no altitude in SA, there is a difference.
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

The ball is definately not right. Every long shot is flying miles over the bar, Xabi Alonso hit the bar today but all the other shots go into row z.

Today perked up with the Spain defeat , lol

i thought England had a half decent display for a first game.

Those pesky Germans though, look classy, good balance of style and ,well, Germanness if you know what i mean

Comment

my mate brought a vuvuzela to my house toi watch the game, we could hear him coming down the street with it , they are so loud.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                my mate brought a vuvuzela to my house toi watch the game, we could hear him coming down the street with it , they are so loud.
                Well they are using them at football matches in South Africa and i can hear them here in England so they must be loud.
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                  what and you still opened the door?

Comment

petrol and matches come to mind
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

sh1t so far

Comment

Originally posted by ric-roc View Post
                        sh1t so far
                        tv weekly for you
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Thought tonights match was pretty decent to be fair. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Maybe the first group games were too cagey but the second group ones need to liven up a bit with teams needing to win - and if the SA vs. Uruguayis anything to go by then we could be in for far more excitement.

Comment

hopefully that was the sign of things to come. great game.
                            not too sure what might happen out there now they are out tho.
                            if one of them shakes breadcrumbs on your legs if your there, be afraid.

Comment

Only caught the last half hour but I thought that was crap, SA complete lack of passion and work ethic in there own tournament not even running with the ball. Terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X