Best/Worst Commentator of all time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/Worst Commentator of all time.

For me, the best was always Brian Moore. Ultimate professional (except the asking of Keegan whether Batty would score his pen for England). Always respected his opinion and his commentaries for me, added to the enjoyment of the game - especially as a kid.

Worst: Jonathan Pearce - The Capital Gold Sport years. All the screeching into the microphone, the "Ready, Steady, Teddy" and "Ian Wright, Wright, Wright" mantras every time they scored. Simply awful and I've still not forgiven him or taken him seriously ever since.

Best...hmm that is a tough one! I do like Stan Collymore off talk sport but does he count?

Worst...thats easy; John Motson does my head in!!!!!
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

haha, really hate collymore!! really hate him,

and me two favs are pearce and motson!!

dislike andy gray! and whhy the hell is mick mccarthy commentating!

Comment

Anyone notice how Motty looked about 70 at the start of the week. Then had a makeover and his hair dyed and cut and now he looks a lot better. About 60 but better.

Comment

Always like David Coleman.

Tommy Smith, an Irish commentator based in the USA. A constant stream of drivel punctuated with copious amounts of 'the ole onion bag'

Comment

... best - i really cant think of 1 off the top of me head... will come bk to that.. even though not a commentator - dont mind Alan Hansen (my opinion mind)

... worst - pretty much all of them used by both BBC & ITV

Comment

Always a good laugh listening to the fans doing the comms on sky tv think its fanzone,proper fans real emotion.

Comment

Pearce's screaming on the radio was awful,along with Andy Gray and his 'take a bow son' cr4p.

Best was the crazy Norweigan and his 'Maggie Thatcher' speech.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
                  Anyone notice how Motty looked about 70 at the start of the week. Then had a makeover and his hair dyed and cut and now he looks a lot better. About 60 but better.
                  Well he is 65

Comment

For me, the worst has to be the new female commentator, not sure who she is, if she gets a top league game you'll soon know about it.

Comment

hugh johns covered midlands games on the big match and gerald sinstat,top in the day

Comment

Likes: Martin Tyler / Andy Gray were the daddies, I also like listening to Tony Gale, Alan Smith and Don Goodman.

Dislikes: Lots but that cuddly bafana, bafana vuvuf.c.u.k.ingsela t.o.s.s.e.r currently on ITV (Clive Tyldesley ?) is as annoying as Jackie Oakley, Bobby Gould and Peter Beagrie.
                        Last edited by paulmason; 16-06-2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

The worst have to be the dream team on Clive Tyldesley, and David Pleat. Truely dreadful. Used to like Stuart Hall. He used to come out with some fantastic comments.

Comment

Agree about bobby gould , ****

Comment

I don't know if he actually commentates but as a presenter it has to be that ugly g1t Jim Rosenthal, his voice just annoys me & he seems to be on everything.

My fave was always Brian Moore, what with The Big Match on a Sunday and On The Ball on a Saturday, reminds me of watching with my Dad when I was young.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X