National anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
    anything that doesnt mention saving some old bag who gets free money off us and owns most of the country.
    she brings alot of money into this country so go easy but still you are right crap song and should be changed.
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Jerusalem should be the anthem. gets me everytime

Comment

Reckon they should change it to Come On Eilleen or YMCA...that would get the boys in the mood..

Comment

Agree with above comments about England having the British national anthem, about time England had it's own national anthem, about the country, not any one person.
          I think that the hymn "Jerusalem" is the nearest thing we have to an English national anthem.

Comment

Have to admit that I did! What would you have as the England anthem?
            Dizzy Racsal - Bonkers!

I think that the hymn "Jerusalem" is the nearest thing we have to an English national anthem.
            Not another song about religion please! Its all made up we might as well sing about Lord of the Rings

Comment

Originally posted by W12Ultra View Post
              Dizzy Racsal - Bonkers!

Not another song about religion please! Its all made up we might as well sing about Lord of the Rings
              What, sing about George Michael? No thanks!

Comment

it really doesn't matter whether they sing the anthem, or pick there nose through it, what really matters is on the pitch when the ref blows his whistle for the game to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by W4 R View Post
                  What would you have as the England anthem?
                  Jerusalem.

Sang that at the cricket many a time and always brought a lump to my throat.

Top anthem.

Comment

rugby boys put em to shame. Never forget seeing them arms wrapped round each other, bellowing it out with dallaglio in tears while singing it. Made me burst with pride

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                      it really doesn't matter whether they sing the anthem, or pick there nose through it, what really matters is on the pitch when the ref blows his whistle for the game to begin.
                      Exactly.....Anthems are a waste of 5 mins IMO.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

pigbag anyone?

Comment

frigging in the rigging, should turn a few heads

Comment

I love God save the Queen, just wish we sang it all. However as the team is only representing England, i wouldn't mind the anthem being Jerusalem or I Vow to thee my country. Although the second isnt just about England either really....

Comment

I vow to thee my country or Land of hope and glory.
                              They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
                              X