alternative england team........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
    your'e not of this planet if you think it would be right to stick with green.
    hes gone, he cant paly him again after that.
    wouldnt be suprised if he never plays for england again in a big match.
    I see that GTP is employing the somewhat radical "1 strike and you're out" policy designed to strike the maximum amount of fear into players.

i assume that you want to throw Joe Hart into the mix now safe in the knowledge that this is his one shot at the job, and if he makes a howler his career is also over. but don't worry, because we can just use James for the Slovenia game, and go into the last 16 having played all three keepers in the group stages, and a laughing stock of the tournament.

OR, Capello could have a quiet word with Green, say "you f*cked up, but there's nothing we can do about it now, you're still the keeper for Algeria", backing his players and his squad, and inspiring confidence in them.

I assume that you think that Cerny should have never played for us again after Leicester this season?
    RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Jeff come on Cerny's mistake wasn't in the same league as Greens.

This was a 40 yard shot that a 6 year old girl would of stopped.

IMHO Green shouldn't of been in goal regardless of the mistake.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

why not? - it was a goalkeeper error that directly led to the opposition scoring, just because it's on a grander stage shouldn't affect GTP's 1 strike and out policy.

Personally, i think that Joe Hart should have been given warm up games, should be number 1, and will be number 1 for years to come (assuming he gets a move from Man City and first team football...) but to drop Green now sends out completely the wrong message, and shows that the manager doesn't back the players.
        RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Jeff mate you can't compare the 2.

You always see keepers making kicking mistakes and yes they did both lead to a goal but this was the whole nature of the mistake.

To be honest mate he looked very 'dodgy' after the goal.
          People praised him for the so called save afterwards.
          For me he didn't get a proper hand on it and was lucky not to just push the ball into his goal but the post came to his rescue.

I agree the press can ruin a player and we should of won the game but you could see for 10 mins after it had a massive effect on the rest of the team.
          For the reason that every single thing he does will be looked upon with a magnifier, I think it would be best to drop him. Joe hart is a quality keeper but for me James.

Improved as a keeper and even his team mates want him to play because he is much more vocal. Green never shouts and that is not a good thing for a defender.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I don’t quite see how the method of the mistake makes a difference – are you suggesting that kicking errors that lead to goals are not as bad as handling errors that lead to goals? - they both count as 1 goal...

Anyway, Cerny’s error is a side issue to Robert Green right now.

He was always going to have a dodgy spell immediately after the error, but I thought that he recovered after it pretty well, was very honest and open about it after the match, and came across surprisingly humble and genuine about the incident. In so many words, he basically said “I f*cked up, I’m very sorry, but I’m still good to go…”

If he gets dropped, it sends completely the wrong message to the players, and if anything will increase the tension and nerves, as every player will now know that one mistake and it’s curtains. Surely it’s better to go out there knowing that the manager backs you, which breeds confidence?

Surely encouragement as opposed to denunciation is the better motivator?

Comment

he shouldnt of been the keeper, and if he had to be, hes too unstable to be told two hours before kick off. (proved that in the tunnel)
              even bob wilson said a keeper needs 48 hours to know hes in the side to prepare mentally. the uncertainty leads to nerves.
              the german keeper is a young one like hart, who just got on with the job.
              if it was a regular like seaman etc, then you can stomach the mistake, and of course i wuldnt advocate the one strike your'e out rule.
              but from a bloke who most doubt should of even got the gig, hes GOT to be dropped imho.

Comment

Working...
              X