Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heskey

Your thoughts?
    I think he is very underated.Not a Goal scorer but holds up,pressurerises superbly.IMO
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Had one of his better games, but really should have scored when put through. Afterall, he is classed as a striker.

Comment

Heskey played well. Robert Green should never play for England again.

Comment

Think Rooney needs Heskey as Rooney gets really frustrated when he has to do all his own fetching and carrying and his temper boils over. Heskey links well with him and helps him out more than Crouch or Defoe do. (Because the system with Heskey in the team is different and gets played through the middle more.)

On the downside, I would never trust Heskey in a one-on-one with a goalie (Germany apart). He is a striker and, by definition, has to score goals and he doesn't.

Comment

Heskey was one of our better players. Won pretty much every header.. played a great ball through for the goal.

But as usual the debate with him is that he just can't score. Should have made Howard work a lot harder.

Comment

I'm not a fan but he played brilliantly tonight holding the ball up winning the flick ons and a few free kicks, in fact probably the best game I've ever seen him play for England! BUT he missed a one on one that probably every other striker in our squad (and Darren Bent) would have scored. It's a decision for Capello to make whether or not we are better off with him or without him!

Comment

too many players never showed-lampard was missing-terry's distribution was brutal-carraghger too slow-**** sevice from wide-and the ####s played well in the 2'nd half!! will improve
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

heskey was our best player and that says it all really......i know teams have lost a game and go on to win a wc but i cant see this lot byond round 2 at best!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Said it for a while England always play better when Heskey plays ...all our best performances in the last 10 years have been when Heskey starts up front with Rooney or Owen

Comment

hesky

in 50 yesars of watching england hesky is our worse ever center forward
                    how he can score 4 goals a season and get called up for the england team i dont kinow,even patrrick ayegemang is better than him,hes a donkey,and he has already cost us the world cup......................HES ABSOLUTE CRAP
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Big up for Heskey

Comment

he did play well but when he was one on one you just knew he wouldnt score. we've been having the same debate for a decade now during which time we've known his scoring limitations and its v frustrating we haven't found a target man who can also score more goals - though actually think crouchy is a better option, particularly against weak opposition as he does bang them in.
                        A bigger problem last night was the lack of link up from midfield - fat frank may as well have spent most of the game on a sun lounger.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if his improved level of performance continues however when he's not being marked by a player who has been released by Watford!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                            Will be interesting to see if his improved level of performance continues however when he's not being marked by a player who has been released by Watford!
                            Indeed, when the commentator said that it did put our performance and result into pretty sharp focus...

Comment

We need to find a way of getting more people feeding off Heskey's work. He got through a prodigious amount of work last night but we never really capitalised on any of it. That mutton-chopped ####y centre back is flipping enormous but Heskey bullied him and De Merit all night. Maybe Lennon or SWP need to come inside a bit more to latch onto Heskey's scraps?

Comment

Working...
                              X