No announcement yet.

Sean Derry Will Be A "R" By the Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this summer just gets more and more exciting, just as Warnock promised. I'm really struggling to contain myself. Think I might buy ten season tickets now. Derry, Clarke, Hill: yep I just can't get that smile off my face. Do you really think we might be in with a chance of John Stead as well? If so, my happiness will be complete.

Comment

The good players are coming don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Wow, this summer just gets more and more exciting, just as Warnock promised. I'm really struggling to contain myself. Think I might buy ten season tickets now. Derry, Clarke, Hill: yep I just can't get that smile off my face. Do you really think we might be in with a chance of John Stead as well? If so, my happiness will be complete.
        With injurys next season, we could quite concievebly field a starting XI including,

Sean Derry
        Clint Hill
        Leon Clarke
        Hogan Ephraim
        Patrik Agymang
        Rowan Vine

I just got you even more excited didnt i??

Comment

If Derry does sign then one of Mahon or Rowlands must surely be leaving the club? There really is no need for all 3 players + Faurlin who will be the first name on the team sheet.

Derry is a decent player who will give our more creative players time and space by doing the donkey work. Plus he'll give us leadership which we lack in abundance last season. Am I going to get exciting by this signing? Not really but when does anyone get excited about signing a defensive midfielder?

Comment

Ben Watson can play as a defensive midfielder. He wd excite me (purely in a footballing sense...).

In itsself Derry is not a terrible signing (unlike Clarke and to a lesser extent Hill), just totally, totally underwhelming.

Comment

Ben Watson can play as a defensive midfielder. He wd excite me (purely in a footballing sense...).

In itsself Derry is not a terrible signing (unlike Clarke and to a lesser extent Hill), just totally, totally underwhelming.
              I see what you are saying but he isn't actually an out and out DM he can just can play the role.

Comment

Fair point. I'm not particularly depressed about derry per se. more just by the general tide of mediocrity. But also accept that those players will suddenly look like quite shrewd signings IF Warnock adds some magic dust - ie Ambrose, Tarabt and Hulse. I still don't have a clue how to gauge what level of player we are likely to go for.

Comment

:rage:

Comment

IMO There could be a load of shrewdness going on. Warnock could be splashing all the cash on two quality players and the rest are the bargain basement players.

Comment

Fair point. I'm not particularly depressed about derry per se. more just by the general tide of mediocrity. But also accept that those players will suddenly look like quite shrewd signings IF Warnock adds some magic dust - ie Ambrose, Tarabt and Hulse. I still don't have a clue how to gauge what level of player we are likely to go for.
                      I think that comes from years of changing the manager every five minutes and not truly knowing what control Flavio may still have and what input Paladini has. If someone says Arsenal are about to make a signing you automatically think it will be some unheard of youngster. If you said QPR are going to sign someone it could be anyone. We haven't had a transfer policy (or at least an obvious one to us the fans) since Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        According to my Palace sources, not anyone at QPR !!

I trust this sauce..

Also done deal with clint Hill, Ambrose my sauce thinks will come to QPR but might be wrangling a better deal elsewhere though giving QPR a verbal agreement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speroni told us No well before signing of Kenny.
                        Maybe uninspiring, but we need a leader/leaders!

Comment

Originally posted by Frode View Post
                          Maybe uninspiring, but we need a leader/leaders!
                          Agreed. Neither Cerny nor Leigertwood are vocal enough so if they've been replaced by Kenny and Derry then we will once again have some proper leadership where it matters most. Derry will protect the back 4 giving Faurlin space. And Kenny will get the defence talking.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            According to my Palace sources, not anyone at QPR !!

I trust this sauce..

Also done deal with clint Hill, Ambrose my sauce thinks will come to QPR but might be wrangling a better deal elsewhere though giving QPR a verbal agreement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speroni told us No well before signing of Kenny.
                            I have from a very good source Warnock gave Speroni 3 days and after that told him no thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                              Agreed. Neither Cerny nor Leigertwood are vocal enough so if they've been replaced by Kenny and Derry then we will once again have some proper leadership where it matters most. Derry will protect the back 4 giving Faurlin space. And Kenny will get the defence talking.
                              And he brings consistency, he's not injury prone as Mahon/Rowly, he played 53(!!!) matches for Palace last season despite looking like he's 50 years old

Comment

People keep talking about leaders, which I agree we need them, but why cant we sign leaders who are half decent at football aswell?

Comment

Working...
                                X