PLEASE not Jon Stead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
    I'm in the same minority. I wouldn't say he's ideal... but he's a good player in this league.

Not in "The Prem", but we're not in the Prem.
    and we wont be either if we have him and Clarke up front next season,that is truth be told would be one of the weakest front lines in the division next season.Im pleased with Kenny,good goalie,Mackie on the wing could do a job,maybe,I think Clarke is crap,but when we get Ambrose and hopefully Taarabt we will have a very strong midfield.

Comment

we are qpr are you for real, i cant believe some one who can use a pc has the mind of a 4 yr old grow up you ####.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
        and we wont be either if we have him and Clarke up front next season,that is truth be told would be one of the weakest front lines in the division next season.Im pleased with Kenny,good goalie,Mackie on the wing could do a job,maybe,I think Clarke is crap,but when we get Ambrose and hopefully Taarabt we will have a very strong midfield.
        Big "if" there.
        I'm not talking about Leon Clarke am I?... I was talking about Jon Stead. The subject of this thread.

As a lone target man, or a partner for a decent penalty box striker, I think he'd be good for us.
        You don't. Fair enough.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by SM1882 View Post
          I'm possibly in the minority, but I actually think Jon Stead would be ideal for us.

He isn't some old clogger looking for a last pay cheque. He's a decent age, very big and strong and has always caused us problems whenever we have came up against him.

Personally, a choice between him and Clarke is a no-brainer for me.

Admittedly, he probably hasn't got the best goalscoring record (and he is definitely not THE answer), but I think he is a good target man.
          i have to agree with you. i think stead is exactly the sort of player we need.

Comment

Always liked Stead since his early days at Huddersfield and then Blackburn.
            A good championship player who could do a job for us.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
              Always liked Stead since his early days at Huddersfield and then Blackburn.
              A good championship player who could do a job for us.
              Agreed. Wouldn't be unhappy with Stead at all - quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by SM1882 View Post
                I'm possibly in the minority, but I actually think Jon Stead would be ideal for us.

He isn't some old clogger looking for a last pay cheque. He's a decent age, very big and strong and has always caused us problems whenever we have came up against him.

Personally, a choice between him and Clarke is a no-brainer for me.

Admittedly, he probably hasn't got the best goalscoring record (and he is definitely not THE answer), but I think he is a good target man.

You probably are in the minority on here, but I also think he wouldbe a decent signing.

Stead is not lazy, he can score goals (not too many, but enough as a support striker) and is good as a target man. Another thing is, by signing him, he probably wont score aginst QPR, as he usually does.

Comment

all fair points,thanks for taking part in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                    all fair points,thanks for taking part in this thread
                    you're a gentleman with manners to boot - now you're in the minority

Comment

Stead and Clarke are exactly the type of strikers Neil likes. We've seen the same here in Scowcroft, Lee and Beattie.

Comment

Well, lets just hope we can beat the mighty huddersfield to his signature...

Comment

The thing with Stead over the past couple of seasons is that he just hasn't played enough games because actually his minutes per goals ratio is very good.

Last season he only scored 8 goals but scored those goals at a better ratio than Simpson scored his. The previous season his 12 goals were 1 every 187 minutes which was better at a better rate than Kevin Doyle's that season.

The likes of Kitson, Beattie, Ebanks-Blake, Scotland etc would all be better options of course but now they are Premiership players they might not want to come back to our level. Stead is a decent Championship player who will score (and create) goals for whichever team he plays for.

Comment

But it begs the q why he didn't play more. Is he injury prone (not good) or the manager decided he didn't want him in the team despite his goals (also not good, particularly seeing as Ipswich are not overly blessed with other goal scorers)? Wd much prefer Hulse, assuming Hooper will go to a club with more ambition.

Comment

Working...
                            X