Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive: Paddy powers in

Posted on: Mon 07 Jun 2010

Queens Park Rangers Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated goalkeeper Paddy Kenny.

The 32 year-old custodian - who has seven Republic of Ireland caps to his name - has penned a three year-deal in W12, after Rangers agreed an undisclosed fee with Sheffield United for his services.

Kenny becomes Neil Warnock's third summer signing and the R's boss is pleased to be linking up, once again, with the classy shot-stopper.

"Paddy's a very good goalkeeper," Warnock told www.qpr.co.uk.

"I rate him very, very highly and genuinely believe he's one of the best around at this level.

"Yes, he's made mistakes in his life in the past, but he's a straight-forward guy and I think this is the right time for him and his family to leave Sheffield and focus on the next chapter of his career.

"I know he'll relish the challenge of helping us achieve our goals."

Kenny admits the decision to leave Bramall Lane was a tough one, but is excited about the prospect of working with Warnock, whom he clearly rates highly as a Manager.

"It was a difficult decision to leave, but with the year I've had I felt it was the right time to move on," he told www.qpr.co.uk.

"The chance to come to a Club like Queens Park Rangers and to link up again with Neil Warnock was too good an opportunity to turn down.

"Neil is a massive character. It's the third time now that I'll be working with him and I'm very excited about the challenge ahead."

Kenny will compete with Radek Cerny for the R's number one jersey and the Halifax-born stopper is relishing the competition, adding: "You need to be pushed as goalkeepers.

"When you play or you train, you need to do so at your maximum and that brings out the best in each and every individual."
Working...
X