No announcement yet.

Dilemma! Anniversary Dinner v England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take it on the chin and go along to the meal. She'll appreciate it and means they'll be no issue for rest of world cup.

Comment

sky plus it,its not as if England are going to win the World cup is it.Cmon Spain.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Got a similar problem for Saturday. A girl in a wheelchair in one of the clubs I drink in keeps reminding me it's her engagement party on Saturday at 7.30pm. She's a lovely girl and I have the official invite and everything.

Am thinking of turning up at 9.30pm after the game. Gonna be racked with guilt though and feel a bit of a s**t for not turning up on time and watching a recording on Sunday morning but watching football like that is just not the same.

Comment

You can bet there wil be loads turning up late cos the same reason.Its her engagement make the effort.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
            You can bet there wil be loads turning up late cos the same reason.Its her engagement make the effort.
            Yep, I've just read back what I posted and it didn't sound too good so I make you right.

Comment

Chin her..

Joke.

Book something for friday, wine and dine her and then relax and watch the footie sat..

I agree shame you have to miss the opening game, but cant have it all mate.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I don't get this anniversary thing,and luckily nor does my wife.This...we have to be reminded every year as some grand gesture that we are still together???Been living together 26 years married for 20 and not celebrated once.However - i understand that other people do celebrate, so as other suggestions have been made....like in all good relationsships...compromise.I mean....it's your anniversay as well...not just hers.Why do we have to take women out....? they want equality...tell her what you want to do for your Anniversary.

Don't foget - you also have the England Rugby game at lunch time..first test.

Outside my family - my two passions are QPR and any sport played by England and I follow with a passion.That said - you have to compromise in a marriage/relationship.My missus is coming to pub with me to watch the England match.She enjoys watching Inetrnationals Rugby or Football and knows not to talk about womens crap whilst the game is on....

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                  I don't get this anniversary thing,and luckily nor does my wife.This...we have to be reminded every year as some grand gesture that we are still together???Been living together 26 years married for 20 and not celebrated once.However - i understand that other people do celebrate, so as other suggestions have been made....like in all good relationsships...compromise.I mean....it's your anniversay as well...not just hers.Why do we have to take women out....? they want equality...tell her what you want to do for your Anniversary.

Don't foget - you also have the England Rugby game at lunch time..first test.

Outside my family - my two passions are QPR and any sport played by England and I follow with a passion.That said - you have to compromise in a marriage/relationship.My missus is coming to pub with me to watch the England match.She enjoys watching Inetrnationals Rugby or Football and knows not to talk about womens crap whilst the game is on....
                  brilliant post!
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

never ever bring my woman to the pub for a game...sure to harp on about new curtains or the like....
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                    X