England shirts banned in pubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England shirts banned in pubs

I couldn't and wouldn't believe it when I was first told of a pub banning fans from wearing England shirts in the up and coming games in S. Africa. Well I've just been told that is exactly what is happening in a pub in Ware, Hertfordshire. What the bloody hell is going on? If I was told I was'nt welcome in any pub 'cos I was wearing my England shirt watching England play then I would NEVER and I repeat NEVER darken the door of that or any of that pubs brewery ever again. As I say ... what the 'bleedin 'ell is going on in this country
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Landlord's probably............

Scottish and very jealous.......... agree quite ludicrous.....:rage:

Comment

Disgracful....
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Trouble is with these stories is its always "I was told"...."A pub"....never WHICH pub......most of them are nonsense rumours/urban myths.
        They can't take millions of pounds in revenue from sales of shirts which are designed to be worn as leisurewear, and then ban them from being worn.
        England fans-wear your shirts with pride, and if you are ever refused entry to a pub because of it, then dam right you never go back there again.

Comment

id mob up and smash every window in the gaff so no one drinks in it!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

i think this rumor came from police in croydon advising pubs not to allow england shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
              Trouble is with these stories is its always "I was told"...."A pub"....never WHICH pub......most of them are nonsense rumours/urban myths.
              They can't take millions of pounds in revenue from sales of shirts which are designed to be worn as leisurewear, and then ban them from being worn.
              England fans-wear your shirts with pride, and if you are ever refused entry to a pub because of it, then dam right you never go back there again.
              The pub in question is the Sandal & Turban

Comment

Banned in The Old Bell, on Kilburn High Road.

Go on, try it....
                Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
                  Tottenham mate of mine who lives in Ware, no urban myth, fact, any Herts hoops want to saunter over and test the water?
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

The Barmy Arms in Twickenham has a ban

Comment

They must be mad, they need all the revenue they can get these days. I live in a village in Berkshire and the Landlords at most of the pubs are a right bunch of stuck up ********s, even they have their england bunting, flags and help the heroes banners up

Comment

Some pubs have always frowned upon football fans but for some reason Daily Mail types have jumped on the issue this time hence we're hearing about it a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                          Banned in The Old Bell, on Kilburn High Road.

Go on, try it....
                          Goddard mate,spent most of my younger days drinking in west end lane and abbey rd.why would any english men wont to drink in that sh!thole anyway

Comment

The government at both local and national level said this was not true, as well as the pub chains. England fans have a human right to wear the colour of their country, just as people do the burka etc.
                            Last edited by paulmason; 06-06-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                              The Barmy Arms in Twickenham has a ban
                              Bet they'd let anyone in with a rugby shirt on!

Comment

Working...
                              X