ray jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
    tragically my nephew lost one of his friends recently in a similar acci8dent. These young kids drive like loons and end up in a box, the driver was going 85 in a 30 road and stacked it.

He would have probably been a 15 goal championship player.

if these kids drive like effing idiots and smash themselves up - fine, but it's the other innocent road users that get involved which i feel for.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      if these kids drive like effing idiots and smash themselves up - fine, but it's the other innocent road users that get involved which i feel for.
      Spot on and I totally agree, however your not really asking the question that the original poster asked?
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I reckon he's honestly been the player we've missed in recent seasons. I have to admit i didn't rate him much but i think had he been alive (R.I.P), we could've done much better in the past few seasons.

Such a tragic loss beyond being measurable...R.I.P Ray-Jay
        Everyday Plumbers Bristol
        63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
        0117 239 1217
        http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Spot on and I totally agree, however your not really asking the question that the original poster asked?
          not asking the question, no, but in answer to the op, probably league one by now!

Comment

Ray lived with me he was a lovelly lad, rangers rated him highly higher than crouch he could have gone to Liverpool and fulham he took a lower salary to play for us i think he would be a top coca cola championship player now

Comment

at the time of his death we were in discussions with Colchester over a potential sale....

without bringing up old wounds and being insensitive, if he'd survived he'd have gone to prison for a long time, the coroner confirmed as much

Comment

that is absolute bo llox jamie, we were skint and needed the lee cook sale to keep us a float - colchester bid a cheeky 300k it was turned down they came back with 500k these bids were not even considered they were trying it on, at no time were we considering this at all

Comment

How tedious dragging this up again.........

Must be a slow day. Whatever is stated on here about his future is pure conjecture so a pointless thread to be honest. I agree that some of the posts are a tad harsh but I dare say nothing compared to what the families of the other boys who died in the crash might say or think.

Probably best to avoid keep dragging these sort of hypothetical questions but I dare say that they will keep coming thick N fast come every August and 5 and 10 year anniversaries etc............ Sad loss but sure we need to move on...........

Comment

No one knows
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Truthfully we would never know, but I honestly doubt he would have played in the premiership
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Truthfully we would never know, but I honestly doubt he would have played in the premiership
                        Tend to agree with you Pete.

That said when Peter Crouch left QPR I would have said that I could never see him playing Champions League football or becoming England's most prolific striker since Michael Owen. Just proves that you never really know how a player will progress!

Comment

I did not think he was that good and as soon as he got his new contract, he appeared to think he had made it and even Gregory said that the weight of his wallet was weighing him down. Also, he would still be behind bars now so this thread is pointless.
                          Last edited by paulmason; 07-06-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

My recollection was that he was inconsistent but did have real promise. With the right attitude and coaching he could have gone on and had a successful career.

RIP

Comment

He hardly played after he got his contract he got an injury just after so to say it went to his head isn't true, his money was nothing special, at all he could have earnt a lot lot more at fulham, his attitude was first class, his last goal he scored for us was before his new deal and since then like I say was injured a lot

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
                                Ray lived with me he was a lovelly lad, rangers rated him highly higher than crouch he could have gone to Liverpool and fulham he took a lower salary to play for us i think he would be a top coca cola championship player now
                                No his agent was linking him to them, so he could get more money from us. His performances dropped when he heard of this 'interest'.

he wasnt as good as he thought he was. People who think that tend to do badly as they have egos.

Comment

Working...
                                X