Who will fill the LB position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    When you say "not Hill" Morris is this simply because you don't want him there or you think he won't be played left back? As far as I understand it he is our left back next season.

That, btw, is another point against Sir Pie's brilliantly argued but misleading piece of yesterday about how on the basis of how we did back end of last season we will do really well this coming season. Left back is just one of several positions where we cd be considerably weaker talent wise, albeit as a team we might have a bit more cohesion.
    He was very good for us but he played just 5 of those 14 matches. Including the home losses to Cardiff and Newcastle. The away wins at Palace and Barnsley and the win against Watford.

Add the return of Mahon, Rowlands and the possibility of Derry appearing means we will be stronger defensively even if it's only Hill that ends up playing left back.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny_hoop View Post
      Want Hill as a CB not as LB, i Really want Tosic but i got a feeling west ham will come calling :(
      I said this a couple of weeks ago and someone said why would he go there - pointed out the bleeding obvious and hey presto = Avram Tosic.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
        personally i dont understand why NW doesnt just sign up Tosic
        agreed

Comment

Tosic said he would sign tomorrow if asked...

Comment

Tom Cruise... season long loan??

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              He was very good for us but he played just 5 of those 14 matches. Including the home losses to Cardiff and Newcastle. The away wins at Palace and Barnsley and the win against Watford.

Add the return of Mahon, Rowlands and the possibility of Derry appearing means we will be stronger defensively even if it's only Hill that ends up playing left back.
              OK Sir Pie, I submit, your research is too good to argue with...

But still not convinced AS THINGS STAND we are better or even as good now man for man as we were last season.

Comment

Tosic looked pretty good.....sign him up

Comment

As things stand, we were a better team at the start of last season then now

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    OK Sir Pie, I submit, your research is too good to argue with...

But still not convinced AS THINGS STAND we are better or even as good now man for man as we were last season.
                    I'm a geek I'll admit it. I just don't see the point of making an argument unless you have a reason. Message boards are full of people saying this player is good or he's rubbish and don't back up what they say.

We lacked a Mahon type player last season and his return or Derry will give us that bit of bite in the centre, which will take the pressure off the defence.

Comment

The one thing that will be fun to watch is the likes of kebe, mcanuff, lita or anybody with speed against clint hill. He will be our weak link next year

Comment

Whats thats lads name who started for ireland the other day at LB and plays for man city i think he looked ok in theire 3-0 win why not give him ago

Comment

Yes. Clint Hill is already an obvious weak link even in Palace. warnock (in whom we are asked to trust) must know that already. And it is clear that he has already had whatever benefit Neil can wring out of him so we can't expect this to be one of those "Warnock will mould him to greatness " signings some suggest we have witnessed lately.

I am a Tosic convert - the run in not really a good time to really judge a player but he looked solid and comfortable. Happy if he'd sign (though I am also doubtful and were't his wages a worry before?). Friend familiar with the Arsenal Youth set up highly rate Cruise (mentioned by winalloto) but reckon (based only on prior experience) that Arsenal won't commit to loans till much later in the window - after the World Cup. So risky to put all eggs there.

Why are we totally discounting borrowdale? have I missed something? I know his strengths and weaknesses (amnd I know some don't rate him) but I am OK with him to do a job which plays to his strengths. No one else is jumping out of this league as an obvious candidate.

Comment

Warnock(or Mick Jones at least) rates Clint Hill as amongst the best full-backs in the League at the moment, expect him to be playing left-back for you for the next two years. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing at all, if there ever was a 110% player, Hill is that.

Comment

Jams. I don't doubt his effort. Nor your assessment of the regard in which he is held by Warnock (probably the effort is the reason for the respect and loyalty). But I think Warnock is wrong if hew thinks he is the best option to plug the right wing. Hill is far too easily turned and beaten from what I've seen of him.

Comment

Yep, I do agree with that and he can be easily exploited by a pacy or tricky winger, and if you are hoping to go up this season I don't think he's the man you need at left-back. But then neither is Leon Clarke up front ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X