Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will fill the LB position?

If we don't get Tosic?

Not Clint Hill, not Matt Connolly, not Gary Borrowdale.

So who?

Warnock at this moment is looking thru his little black book of players that have played under him before...looking for an over 30 year old who is coming to the end of his contract with his current club and can be picked up cheap. Dont worry m8 its all in hand....

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      Warnock at this moment is looking thru his little black book of players that have played under him before...looking for an over 30 year old who is coming to the end of his contract with his current club and can be picked up cheap. Dont worry m8 its all in hand....
      No no, you have just described Clint Hill, I said he didn't count!

Comment

Personally I'd go for Ryan Bertrand. Chelsea aren't likely to start with him anytime soon especially as Van Aanholt has gone ahead of him in the pecking order. He is a proper left back and I can't see Chelsea wanting too much for him.

I don't rate Spurr but isn't he available on a Bosman? Would be better back up than Borrowdale.

Comment

Gareth Barry

I agree SPC. I've been saying Bertrand on the MBs for at least 2 seasons now. He's a quality LB who can attack.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
            If we don't get Tosic?

Not Clint Hill, not Matt Connolly, not Gary Borrowdale.

So who?
            Borrowdale has gone.

Clint Hill will fill the gap... at least that is the plan....

Comment

difference is.. we want somebody other than connolly or hill to play left back.. but in honesty thats who i see atm.
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Clint Hill should not even be considered as a left back.

Really doesn't have any pace to do a job in that position.

We definately need Tosic or another natural left back.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Let's have proper full backs, both left and right.

When Tosic began to play we looked a far, far better balanced team.

Not just because he is a more than decent player, but because he is a proper full back. Not some converted CB who can put in a shift but is not entirely comfortable with playing there!

Comment

i have a bad feeling it will be clint hill - hope i am wrong though! Says we also hada bit of interest in Ian Hart somewhere. Maybe he could do a job?

Comment

personally i dont understand why NW doesnt just sign up Tosic

Comment

If we can get Tosic, we should. By far our best left back for a long long time.

Connolly is great in the centre and should play there alongside whoever else - preferably a bruiser who makes few mistakes.

Comment

When you say "not Hill" Morris is this simply because you don't want him there or you think he won't be played left back? As far as I understand it he is our left back next season.

That, btw, is another point against Sir Pie's brilliantly argued but misleading piece of yesterday about how on the basis of how we did back end of last season we will do really well this coming season. Left back is just one of several positions where we cd be considerably weaker talent wise, albeit as a team we might have a bit more cohesion.

Comment

Robby Carlos

Comment

Want Hill as a CB not as LB, i Really want Tosic but i got a feeling west ham will come calling :(

Comment

Working...
                              X