Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qpr-buzsaky View Post
    We should definitley put in a bid for lambert, austin or simeon jackson
    IMO, Jackson from Gillingham would be a waste of time. Paynter, Le Fondre, Lallana, Austin and Lambert are streets ahead of that pipsqueak.

Comment

Jackson has been in a sh*t team and still done well

BORKED

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        IMO, Jackson from Gillingham would be a waste of time. Paynter, Le Fondre, Lallana, Austin and Lambert are streets ahead of that pipsqueak.
        He's scored more pro goals than Paynter. Billy only hit form this season. Jackson has been scoring regular for 6 years now. He was top scorer for his club at the age of 17, so there is no way that Paynter is streets ahead. In fact, I'd go as far as reversing the roles there. Lallana is class, but he's played far less games and scored way less goals than Jackson.

Le Fondre and Lambert...Well, you can't argue their class in front of goal. Both better options, but Jackson is still a very good, young striker.

Edit: And he's got good pace, good movement, and for a little lad, he's got good strength.
        Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 04-06-2010, 02:36 PM.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

I know YouTube doesn't give you the full picture, but after watching that you can tell he's not one to p**s about with the ball. He get's his shot off early, can use bith feet and even score with his head.

I can't honestly see too much wrong with him.

Comment

Considering Millwall have apparently put in a £500k bid for Austin we should double their offer and try and get this lad! Reckon the lad could score bags of goals at this level too!
            Everyday Plumbers Bristol
            63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
            0117 239 1217
            http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              He's scored more pro goals than Paynter. Billy only hit form this season. Jackson has been scoring regular for 6 years now. He was top scorer for his club at the age of 17, so there is no way that Paynter is streets ahead. In fact, I'd go as far as reversing the roles there. Lallana is class, but he's played far less games and scored way less goals than Jackson.

Le Fondre and Lambert...Well, you can't argue their class in front of goal. Both better options, but Jackson is still a very good, young striker.

Edit: And he's got good pace, good movement, and for a little lad, he's got good strength.
              Watched him play at Wycombe on the last day of the season, where if they won, they stayed up. He was useless and looked like every other wanabe striker we have signed over the years.

Comment

No one scores 29 lucky goals in League 1.
                Mike Sherron anyone?

Comment

Would you all be happy with Le Fondre?

Comment

Olly - No.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
                      Olly - No.
                      nice short honest answer :-D

Comment

Olly - I can be tempted to explain....! LeF is a perfectly decent player. But not CCC promotion-pushing class. The time for incremental building of a team is now past. If we want to go up we need to look upwards for a striker who we pretty much know can do it at this level as he already has. Otherwise the wheels come off the whole promotion project, Le Fronde hasn't shown he can do it. Simpson (different admittedly but) is better and we struggled. So La Fr would be a step backwards. He would probably be enough to maintain the status quo. But if we want better than 13th we need to look elsewhere.

Comment

Watched him play at Wycombe on the last day of the season, where if they won, they stayed up. He was useless and looked like every other wanabe striker we have signed over the years.
                          I saw Leo Messi play shocking at home to Villarael when I was over there. I remember Gorkss having a shocker on his debut. At the other end of the scale, Dennis Bailey once scored a hat-trick at Old Trafford.

Everyone has an off day, just as every dog has his good ones, Paul.

Charlie Austin missed a goal, which cost Swindon the playoff final, yet you think he's streets ahead of Jackson? It's all about opinions mate, so I'm not having a dig...just giving mine.

Comment

It's the same as signing Mackie, why sign a player who was relegated and not in form when you could sign le fondre, Austin, lallana etc who ate in form ?

Comment

You won't be able to sign Llalana.

Comment

Mackie is a very good player. Again, just my opinion, but I'm 100% certain he'll win plenty of our fans over.

Comment

Working...
                                X