No announcement yet.

Warnock's Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I will end up paying the £20 as even Warnock has said Clarke is a gamble, so although I can see Mackie playing most games and getting 10-15 goals, I can only see Clarke playing a handfull unless .........................

Comment

anything more than 3 goals is an improvement on vine and Aggymang.

Comment

Those stats are based on the 14 games that Warnock was manager of QPR. Routledge wasn't at QPR during those 14 games so our form over the games doesn't include Routledge.

Simpson and Taraabt were at QPR during those matches. Simpson scored just a single goal in those 14 matches. Taraabt is the only real difference in that side.

Priskin played 851 minutes for us (under Warnock) last season and scored just a single goal. Over the course of the season he scored 2 goals in the 1854 minutes he played.

Vine played 166 minutes with Warnock in charge and failed to score. Over the course of the season he scored a single goal in the 1161 minutes he played.

I'm not saying that we have the strike force to win the league but neither did Blackpool. Clarke and Mackie scored more than the likes of Agyemang, Pellicori, Priskin and Vine. Priskin played 851 of the 1260 minutes Warnock was in charge (67.5%) and he scored a single goal. A goal every 851 minutes for a player who averaged more than an hour per match for Warnock and scored just a single goal is poor. Take him out of the equation and replace him with Helguson, Mackie or Clarke and our strikeforce does improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
          Statistics can be very misleading.
          Agreed but we played 7 of the top 9 sides with Warnock in charge and on form we were the 10th best side in the division just 3 points off 6th place. 14 matches is a third of the season and plenty of time to judge how a team is performing.

With the likes of Priskin playing a lot of matches and Vine also making the odd appearance we've already strengthened on what we had. Simpson didn't perform under Warnock and Taraabt is the only difference to the side under Warnock. If Pete is right then he may be signing for us anyway. Mackie and Clarke are an improvement on Priskin, Vine and even Agyemang.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            Agreed but we played 7 of the top 9 sides with Warnock in charge and on form we were the 10th best side in the division just 3 points off 6th place. 14 matches is a third of the season and plenty of time to judge how a team is performing.

With the likes of Priskin playing a lot of matches and Vine also making the odd appearance we've already strengthened on what we had. Simpson didn't perform under Warnock and Taraabt is the only difference to the side under Warnock. If Pete is right then he may be signing for us anyway. Mackie and Clarke are an improvement on Priskin, Vine and even Agyemang.
            Whether I rely on these statistics or the potential of all the players involved in the debate - I agree with SirPie
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Whether I rely on these statistics or the potential of all the players involved in the debate - I agree with SirPie
              Your cheque is in the post!

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                Your cheque is in the post!

Thank you Sir
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                X