Warnock's Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock's Form

Warnock's QPR, achieved an average of 1.43 points per match, which over the course of a season is just shy of 66 points. Not enough to finish within the top 6 but enough to have finished 8th last season and just 4 points off Blackpool.

Arguably, the loss of Simpson (who didn't perform particularly well under Warnock) and Taraabt (who excelled under Neil) are the only players as it stands who won't be at Loftus Road next season. Neither player has signed for another club so it is possible that either could still return. If we continue the similar form into next season the stats show that we are a top 10 side. With the transfer window still not even open and the fact we've added two players who scored more in this division than the likes of Vine, Agyemang and Pellicori the squad has improved. With the return of Helguson who scored 11 in the CCC last season we already have a stronger strikeforce. Has the division got harder or easier with Newcastle and WBA going up or Burnley and Hull coming down? I'd say it's not that much different and although I'd like us to see more quality join our team I'm quite confident that if Warnock can take a team who went most of the season without keeping a clean sheet and who was on a long losing streak into a top 10 side (on form that is) then the future isn't as bad as some on this forum make out.

The transfer window isn't open. Warnock took a player who failed to score 2 seasons ago and turned him into a 20 goal sensation last year so who's to say that he can't or won't do the same with Mackie? Clarke might not tick all the boxes but his scoring stats are better than the likes of Vine and Agyemang's over the last few years so have faith.

Sir pie with respect how can u poss say our strike force is stronger after we have lost simpson and tabs, not 2 mention routledge earlier?

Comment

good read Sirpie - always glad to read measured comments!

Comment

Too early to judge. We still have two months.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Statistics can be very misleading.

Comment

If ever I have seen Spin in all it's glory, it is above.

Actually making a case to say our strikeforce is stronger than last season minus Adel and Simmo.

Ok Sir Pie I like reading your posts but if you can hand on your heart try to put positive spin on a front 5 of Aggymang, Mackie, Vine,Helgusson and Clarke, then we might as well give up.

I think it says a lot when even Pete is questioning our strikers and the need for a decent one.

But you keep believing that NW has these magical powers that will turn Rowan Vine and Patrick Agyemang into 20 goal a season strikers!!

Comment

Adel is not a striker and never will be. How many did he actually score last season?
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                Statistics can be very misleading.

Or they never lie
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                  Adel is not a striker and never will be. How many did he actually score last season?
                  9 I think was it..

Assisted Numerous goals.
                  Single handedly won games for us .. Preston away for example.

Change the whole game dimensions with teams who put 2 players on him at times.

Taraabt affects games just by being on the pitch!!

Comment

Two ball is a winger, and Simpson is a carbon copy of Dexter, good on occasions but not prolific. Clarke and Mackie will score more goals next season than Two Ball and Simpson did last season.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                      Two ball is a winger, and Simpson is a carbon copy of Dexter, good on occasions but not prolific. Clarke and Mackie will score more goals next season than Two Ball and Simpson did last season.
                      I will wage that Clarke and makie do not hit 20 goals next season.
                      How anyone could want clarke and Makie ahead of a true talent like Taarabt and a scorer like Simpson; baffles me.

Comment

Jeffro £20 and if I/you loose, the money goes to tiger cubs ?

Comment

Jeffro £20 and if I/you loose, the money goes to tiger cubs ?
                          Definately.. I think Simpson got 13 last season and Adel got either 7 or 9 if someone can clarify, so basically, you need Leon Clarke and Mackie to score 21 goals minimum next season....

Tiger cubs, look forward to a niuce £20 from Mr Mason...

Pete can keep an eye on this one lol.

Comment

Jeffro, you said "I will wage that Clarke and makie do not hit 20 goals next season." and I accepted that. So if they get less than 20 goals, I will happily pay the tiger Cubs £20 and if they score 20+ goals, you pay.

PS: We dont need a weekly tally on this either.

Comment

Jeffro, you said "I will wage that Clarke and makie do not hit 20 goals next season." and I accepted that. So if they get less than 20 goals, I will happily pay the tiger Cubs £20 and if they score 20+ goals, you pay.

PS: We dont need a weekly tally on this either.
                              Yes agreed those pair of donkeys will not get 20 goals between them mate.

Glad you offered that bet, great cause and nice for them to get some doe in!

Comment

Working...
                              X