Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the club ever get back the spirit under Holloway we had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the club ever get back the spirit under Holloway we had?

Would anyone here take basic security and having a team to support, one that spends and hands out contracts within it's means, to get back to the atmosphere and togetherness we had in the Holloway era.
    Or
    do you like and prefer the optimism and belief that one day our billionaaire owners will spend and compete us with the big boys in monetary terms.

Basically I'd rather have no financial clout and rich owners to hav a burnley type well run set up?

You?

Ask me in may 2011
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

poison or drowning? none of the options are great...

Comment

at least i felt part of my club then

Comment

well

holloway was one in a million,we wont ever see his like again,although he didnt have venables genius............WHAT A CHARACTOR................
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

We won't get any of that back...ever. Nothing at all to do with the money, nor the team. It's because our fanbase is so far divided and full of bitterness and hatred that it'll continue to suck the spirit from the team.

Every player mistake is groaned at. Any player who's face doesn't fit will be booed. Players like Ramage and Cerny will never be fully accepted by some as they either started badly when played out of position, or they took a former fans favourite 'flappers' place between the sticks. We've got a lot of fans who vent their anger towards eachother ant the team, so unless that changes (and it won't), we'll never get that feeling of togetherness back.

I'm starting to believe it when other teams call us a 'joke club' as that's what our fans have made us.

Sad times.
            Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 02-06-2010, 11:14 AM.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              We won't get any of that back...ever. Nothing at all to do with the money, nor the team. It's because our fanbase is so far divided and full of bitterness and hatred that it'll continue to suck the spirit from the team.

Every player mistake is groaned at. Any player who's face doesn't fit will be booed. Players like Ramage and Cerny will never be fully accepted by some as they either started badly when played out of position, or they took a former fans favourite 'flappers' place between the sticks. We've got a lot of fans who vent their anger toesrds eachoyher ant the team, so unless that changes (and it won't), we'll never get that feeling of togetherness back.

I'm starting to believe it when other teams call us a 'joke club' as that's what our fans have made us.

Sad times.
              i wouldnt lay the blame solely on the fans.. the money / new era also has something to do with that divide you talk of.
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

Every player mistake is groaned at. Any player who's face doesn't fit will be booed. Players like Ramage and Cerny will never be fully accepted by some as they either started badly when played out of position, or they took a former fans favourite 'flappers' place between the sticks. We've got a lot of fans who vent their anger toesrds eachoyher ant the team, so unless that changes (and it won't), we'll never get that feeling of togetherness back.

Sad times.
                I think there is an element of truth in what you say mate, though the club do themselves no favours as the seem to have NOT learnt from past mistakes especially regarding Transfers.

Season tickets I think we all agree are over priced also.

The fans have there share of the blame though all the 4 year 15k a week contracts which we as fans have NO input to, have to suffer the consequences because of these.

Comment

BennyboyRs is spot on!!
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

The day the seating was changed to gold, silver and bronze changed the dynamics of W12 for a generation and will not come back. I have a feeling that NW will come close, but Oldham at home will not be seen again IMO, because people are scattered everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X