Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need a team like Palace to go to the wall.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need a team like Palace to go to the wall.....

.....for the good of the game in this country?

Surely a team of Palace's size going to the wall will make footballs governing bodies sit up pay attention to see what a mess the game is in. With the age of austerity coming to an end, football should be no different. If we are going to bring about change, tighter regulation and controls such as wage caps then something needs to act as the catalyst behind it?
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 01-06-2010, 02:04 PM.

clap this man

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Yes ive been saying similar things mate.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

When other Chairman see CP in liquidation, they will change there attitudes immediatley as they all think that someone will save them i the end. If 50% of FC's were any other business, they would be closed down.

Comment

i dont think palace is big enough.. sadly i feel you need a liverpool to hit the wall for the premier league to realise something has been wrong for ages.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Would Palace be the only club to go under though , this could be the start of a domino effect, Palace are no more in debt than half the clubs in the championship,what about our debt? Its much worse than there's. I agree and have said for ages that football needs to change and in a big way. How many of you want us to bring in a couple of big money players on big wages , but look at our crowds, just doesn't add up does it??

Comment

But Palace fans keep telling us how big they are!!!!!!!!!!Were sorry.
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                i dont think palace is big enough.. sadly i feel you need a liverpool to hit the wall for the premier league to realise something has been wrong for ages.
                A premier league team will not be allowed to fail, Portsmouth proved that.

Comment

Thought for a long time that a 92 club League is unsustainable and would rather 4 Divisions of 20 clubs (80). A cull through long-term promotion/relegation may be fairest.

But the main reason for it's instability is because, although the game is flooded with money, the distribution of it is wholly unfair.

The fact that Blackpool - and good luck to them - can spend 1 season in the Premier League and be 90,000,000 better off is ridiculous where there are clubs at a lower level still getting thrown peanuts by The Premier League.

The whole thing needs another overhaul and not just the tokenism that was agreed at the last meeting with the bigwigs backslapping each other. There has to be a much fairer distribution of wealth and rules governing a clubs expenditure on Wages etc.

In regards of Palace, I think their problems started with Mark Wahlberg and his inability to secure the ground in his takeover and the involvement of Ron Noades.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
                    Thought for a long time that a 92 club League is unsustainable and would rather 4 Divisions of 20 clubs (80). A cull through long-term promotion/relegation may be fairest.

But the main reason for it's instability is because, although the game is flooded with money, the distribution of it is wholly unfair.

The fact that Blackpool - and good luck to them - can spend 1 season in the Premier League and be 90,000,000 better off is ridiculous where there are clubs at a lower level still getting thrown peanuts by The Premier League.

The whole thing needs another overhaul and not just the tokenism that was agreed at the last meeting with the bigwigs backslapping each other. There has to be a much fairer distribution of wealth and rules governing a clubs expenditure on Wages etc.

In regards of Palace, I think their problems started with Mark Wahlberg and his inability to secure the ground in his takeover and the involvement of Ron Noades.
                    Did he do that inbetween filming of the risible remake of Planet of the Apes and The Departed?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      Did he do that inbetween filming of the risible remake of Planet of the Apes and The Departed?
                      Yep, probably. I meant Jeff Goldblum.

Oops!
                      Last edited by RussRanger; 01-06-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X